Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? (2115 Views)

What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / 6 Reasons Why Nigeria Is A Better Place To Live Than Foreign Country / What Africa Country Is Good To Reside Apart From SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Dear Nairaland members, I'm in a fix and will appreciate a detailed, honest review of these two areas.
Let's say the cost of living isn't much of an issue, which of these two areas will be a better place to reside in.

Generally, I'd want your reviews to be based on the following metrics:
-Standard of living
-Security and safety
-Access to ultra modern Infrastructure
-Best place to raise a family
-Nice, modern houses (price range:150 to 250M)
-Best place for someone to buy and drive luxury cars (Porsche, Maserati, Rolls Royce, etc) without fear of armed robbers or being targeted for kidnapping.
-Rich neighbourhood with well-to-do neighbours.

I hear Victoria Island is more commercial (better infrastructure), while Lekki is more residential (better Houses), but I don't know how true that is and what to make of it.

In short, I'm looking for where I could get something close to European standards of living.

Thanks as I anticipate your responses.

Lalasticlala, help me out please.
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by traveladdict: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kellzzyy:
Dear Nairaland members, I'm in a fix and will appreciate a detailed, honest review of these two areas.
Let's say the cost of living isn't much of an issue, which of these two areas will be a better place to reside in.

-Standard of living
-Security and safety
-Best place for someone to buy and drive luxury cars (Porsche, Maserati, Rolls Royce, etc) without fear of armed robbers or being targeted for kidnapping.

I hear Victoria Island is more commercial (better infrastructure), while Lekki is more residential (better Houses), but I don't know how true that is and what to make of it.

In short, I'm looking for where I could get something close to European standards of living.

european standard of living in lagos? well i will choose victoria island though lekki has more modern houses

3 Likes

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
traveladdict:

european standard of living in lagos? well i will choose victoria island though lekki has more modern houses
Thanks for your reply.
So Victoria Island is better than Lekki in all metrics?
Could you please elaborate more?
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
More replies on this would be welcome.
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
So you be rich man according to this post. But na red pill full your other posts. Abeg stop deceiving yourself.
Vi is old money expensive and conjested. Lekki has newer and cheaper houses.
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
ednut1:
So you be rich man according to this post. But na red pill full your other posts. Abeg stop deceiving yourself.
Vi is old money expensive and conjested. Lekki has newer and cheaper houses.
Alright. Thanks.
Are there areas of Lekki worthy of mention?
I know of phase 1 and phase 2. Which of them is better (considering flooding and all)?

1 Like

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by ednut1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kellzzyy:

Alright. Thanks.
Are there areas of Lekki worthy of mention?
I know of phase 1 and phase 2. Which of them is better (considering flooding and all)?
stop asking lame questions. Call an estate agent there. But last last this is for clout anyways lol
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
ednut1:
stop asking lame questions. Call an estate agent there. But last last this is for clout anyways lol
Hey, why are you being unnecessarily harsh?
I want honest, disinterested reviews from people who know a lot about these places.
You could have just left the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Olu14993: 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
Victoria island is your best bet if u want those amenities u mentioned.

i wouldn't choose Lekki cos of the over rowdiness there all sort of jackass leaves der ranging from yahoo boys to high class prostitues and drug addicts. and Lekki traffic can be so killing. try oniru axis u would get something u would love.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by prioryrentalsuk: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
Priory Rentals Motorhome Hire is one of the few UK companies who offer festival motorhome hire for all the major music festivals both in the UK and Europe. We hire out to festivals such as Glastonbury, Download, Kendal Calling and Reading.
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by iyb(m): 12:06am On Jan 14, 2022
Kellzzyy:

-Standard of living
-Security and safety

Victoria Island is better has less traffic when commuting to work and doesn't flood like lekki
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 14, 2022
Thanks people.
Seems VI is my best bet.

1 Like

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Investorozay: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
VI is the best, look for newer houses around oniru axis
lekki is water and Yahoo boys everywhere

1 Like

Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Chevronstaff: 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
Someone that really has money won't come online and be asking this type of question..
I won't be surprised if the person that posted this has never visited Lagos in his life.. He may be a broke guy residing in a place like Nnewi.. Mtcheew
Re: Which Is A Better Place To Reside In, Lekki Or Victoria Island? by Ojemedad: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
Chevronstaff:
Someone that really has money won't come online and be asking this type of question..
I won't be surprised if the person that posted this has never visited Lagos in his life.. He may be a broke guy residing in a place like Nnewi.. Mtcheew

100% correct

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Schengen Visa For Italy (short Term Visa) / Austrian Study Thread (inputs And Advices Welcomed) / Studying French As Second Language In Quebec-canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.