Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. (903 Views)

The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Man Denounces Christianity, Accepts Ijaw Deity Worship In Bayelsa(Pix) / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by faithsurvey: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
WHY A PASTOR FOR 50 YEARS ACCEPTS ISLAM.

Meet Baptist Pastor who Converted to Islam after 50 Years as a Missionary and Pastor

David S. Gullion is the son of a US Army veteran who served in the World War II and was also Baptist missionaries. The religious inclinations of his parent meant that David grew up in a home with a lot of Christian activities and so he had a strong Christian foundation in his early days which persuaded to become a Baptist missionary just like his father.
But despite his devotion to the Baptist church as a missionary and clergyman, David felt he needed to know more about religion and the Prophets. This led him into series of investigations that led him into a whole new experience, different from the reality of his parents and his church.

In an interview with a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim.

During the interview, he also spoke about his book, “The Last Christian” which chronicles his journey into Islam.

“My parents were Baptist missionaries. My father was a soldier in US army in WW2. Even as a young person, I came to realise that there must have been a difference between the Jesus of faith and the person of history. And it wasn’t until I began to investigate Islam that I began to make sense of who Jesus was. During this investigating I eventually became Muslim.

“This was in march 1995, what happened was that Dr. Allum invited me to talk to him in Abubakar mosque here in Houston. The only question I asked him the whole time I was there was “is Prophet Mohammed the same prophet as you would find in the bible?” “And he said yes.”

“In my opinion I don’t think he was, but I was going to investigate. I had all that I needed to have an investigation. I simply ran home got my old testament. Ran through the Old Testament to know what defines a prophet in the Old Testament.

“Then I went out to make an investigation of Prophet Mohammed. To my great surprise he fit the criteria. Then I was interested. I got two translation of the Koran and over a two week period I read both of them.

“Then I felt a strong compulsion to become a Muslim, but I did not want to become a Muslim. And I said to myself “if I can have one good reason not to become Muslim I will not become a Muslim. And so I spent three months trying to find a good reason not to become a Muslim. But based on what I know I felt that I had to become a Muslim,” he said. “That is why I am a Muslim,” he concluded.

Based on his experience and quest to discover religion, David wrote a book, “The Last Christian” which he says is an effort to differentiate between the Jesus of history, the person that actually walk the earth with Jesus of faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
Islam is for All...

Allah says what means:
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
Qur'an 3:85

2 Likes

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Ibaaboy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
How does this affect the price of food in naija

2 Likes

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
faithsurvey:

Meet Baptist Pastor who Converted to Islam after 50 Years as a Missionary and Pastor

David S. Gullion is the son of a US Army veteran who served in the World War II and was also Baptist missionaries. The religious inclinations of his parent meant that David grew up in a home with a lot of Christian activities and so he had a strong Christian foundation in his early days which persuaded to become a Baptist missionary just like his father.
But despite his devotion to the Baptist church as a missionary and clergyman, David felt he needed to know more about religion and the Prophets. This led him into series of investigations that led him into a whole new experience, different from the reality of his parents and his church.

In an interview with a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim..
Way too many of these pastors and mogs devote themselves to the doctrines and traditions of their churches(dogma) and never in fact to God. undecided

How people spend decades in this without realizing the worthlessness of it all amazes me. What is even worse is the same people, rather than spend time to understand what they are in fact doing wrong, blame the religion for their foolish and ignorant choices. undecided

For 50 years, this man decieved people in the name name God yet he believes he can escape God's wrath simply by switching religions. He better hope he never in fact ate communion or got baptized for once you are in, there are two gates into the Kingdom but no exit. Anyone who has gained access will definitely answer for the part he played, even if in ignorance/blindness. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by motayoayinde: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
MASHA ALLAH.

LET THE LIGHT OF ISLAM SHINE ON.

1 Like

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 5:19am On Jan 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Way too many of these pastors and mogs devote themselves to the doctrines and traditions of their churches(dogma) and never in fact to God. undecided

How people spend decades in this without realizing the worthlessness of it all amazes me. What is even worse is the same people, rather than spend time to understand what they are in fact doing wrong, blame the religion for their foolish and ignorant choices. undecided

For 50 years, this man decieved people in the name name God yet he believes he can escape God's wrath simply by switching religions. He better hope he never in fact ate communion or got baptized for once you are in, there are two gates into the Kingdom but no exit. Anyone who has gained access will definitely answer for the part he played, even if in ignorance/blindness. undecided

If he truly reverted sincerely then his slates is clean!

Everyone out of his congregation have eyes, ears, and sense!

They should blame no one if they can't use it.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Kobojunkie: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:
If he truly reverted sincerely then his slates is clean!

Everyone out of his congregation have eyes, ears, and sense!

They should blame no one if they can't use it.
According to the God spoken of in the Bible and the much of scripture, there is no such thing as what you claim in bold. We are talking here of an eternally binding contract with no exists or release from it. A relationship with God, even under Jesus Christ, is not to be compared with switching phone contracts or gas companies.undecided

As for the other, individuals indeed answer for their actions - the blind teachers as well as their blind followers will each be judged, with the blind teachers promised a worse fate. undecided
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2022
He goes for what appeals to him! smiley
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by hashtagged(m): 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
Plot twist if he hadn't accepted Islam he and his loved ones would have lost their heads
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2022
hashtagged:
Plot twist if he hadn't accepted Islam he and his loved ones would have lost their heads

See another lie from a Christian bigot! Why lie just to be relevant?
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

In most cases what he said do happen so nobody can deny that! undecided
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by hashtagged(m): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Well Mohammed did it to lots of people.

1 Like

Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In most cases what he said do happen so nobody can deny that! undecided

Was he sure of this?
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Was he sure of this?

I am sure!
The fulanis headed by Usman Dan Fodio came to Northern Nigeria and forced Islam on the Hausas, before then the people weren't Muslims.
Àfọ̀njá (Ìlọrin Warlord) asked Alimi (Fulani) to help him stop the Ọ̀yọ́ empire and after the end of the war Alimi (Fulani) killed Àfọ̀njá, that's how they forced the Ìlọrin people into accepting Islam and even forced turban headband as the crown till today.
So i know what he's saying is true! undecided
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Lukuluku69(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
He goes for what appeals to him! smiley

Exactly! And he does that to his own soul's benefit.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Exactly! And he does that to his own soul's benefit.
Just as a Boko Haram suicide bomber will say: "he does that to his own benefit" undecided
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Lukuluku69(m): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just as a Boko Haram suicide bomber will say: "he does that to his own benefit" undecided

Oga Ade, I can feel your pain.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Oga Ade, I can feel your pain.

Ọ̀rọ̀ p'èsì jẹ! cheesy
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Lukuluku69(m): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọ̀rọ̀ p'èsì jẹ! cheesy

Wallahi I can feel your pain still.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
grin
Lukuluku69:

Wallahi I can feel your pain.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by achorladey: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why use Boko Haram? You could have easily use the name of your religious organization grin grin grin

The reason Lukuluku69 felt your pain
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I am sure!
The fulanis headed by Usman Dan Fodio came to Northern Nigeria and forced Islam on the Hausas, before then the people weren't Muslims.
Àfọ̀njá (Ìlọrin Warlord) asked Alimi (Fulani) to help him stop the Ọ̀yọ́ empire and after the end of the war Alimi (Fulani) killed Àfọ̀njá, that's how they forced the Ìlọrin people into accepting Islam and even forced turban headband as the crown till today.
So i know what he's saying is true! undecided

Even if your story above is true i would say it is sure supported by your Bible.

Yahweh commands Execution by Stoning
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14

"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."Exodus 22:20

And the activities of the missionaries who brought Education on one hand and Christianity on the other is well known!
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

And the activities of the missionaries who brought Education on one hand and Christianity on the other is well known!

You love to be deceived so nothing can save you from deceivers.

Jesus is the man called "Christ" so if any group claims to being Christians they must follow up what this founder laid down.
He never used weapons against anyone neither did he support it so if Muhammad used weapons while propagating his religion know that Jesus Christ never did therefore those people weren't true disciples of Jesus Christ! smiley
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by AntiChristian: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You love to be deceived so nothing can save you from deceivers.

Jesus is the man called "Christ" so if any group claims to being Christians they must follow up what this founder laid down.
He never used weapons against anyone neither did he support it so if Muhammad used weapons while propagating his religion know that Jesus Christ never did therefore those people weren't true disciples of Jesus Christ! smiley

But his father encouraged people to kill sha! Yahweh sent many to kill others! So all these your rantings na old age talk!
Jesus didn't follow his father's way niyen!
And where did Jesus approve your cult for you?
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:01am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

But his father encouraged people to kill sha! Yahweh sent many to kill others! So all these your rantings na old age talk!
Jesus didn't follow his father's way niyen!
And where did Jesus approve your cult for you?

Jehovah never approved the killing of innocent people!
He has sent a warning message to all dwellers in Canaan with all the powerful events that happened in Egypt. All the inhabitants of the earth back then believe in the god that can claim lands for them. But this time around this God didn't ask for a developed country with civilization like Egypt rather he chose the land of Canaan where the dwellers haven't developed. He conquered the world's Mightiest army of that time without a military force.
Definitely whoever knows the intention of such a god and stubbornly decided to fight against his people is on a suicide mission! Joshua 2:9-13

So if your God is a monster that kills people irrationally then it's not the same as the God of Moses! wink
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
faithsurvey:

In an interview with a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim.

During the interview, he also spoke about his book, “The Last Christian” which chronicles his journey into Islam.

“My parents were Baptist missionaries. My father was a soldier in US army in WW2. Even as a young person, I came to realise that there must have been a difference between the Jesus of faith and the person of history. And it wasn’t until I began to investigate Islam that I began to make sense of who Jesus was. During this investigating I eventually became Muslim.

“This was in march 1995, what happened was that Dr. Allum invited me to talk to him in Abubakar mosque here in Houston. The only question I asked him the whole time I was there was “is Prophet Mohammed the same prophet as you would find in the bible?” “And he said yes.”

“In my opinion I don’t think he was, but I was going to investigate. I had all that I needed to have an investigation. I simply ran home got my old testament. Ran through the Old Testament to know what defines a prophet in the Old Testament.

“Then I went out to make an investigation of Prophet Mohammed. To my great surprise he fit the criteria. Then I was interested. I got two translation of the Koran and over a two week period I read both of them.

“Then I felt a strong compulsion to become a Muslim, but I did not want to become a Muslim. And I said to myself “if I can have one good reason not to become Muslim I will not become a Muslim. And so I spent three months trying to find a good reason not to become a Muslim. But based on what I know I felt that I had to become a Muslim,” he said. “That is why I am a Muslim,” he concluded.

Based on his experience and quest to discover religion, David wrote a book, “The Last Christian” which he says is an effort to differentiate between the Jesus of history, the person that actually walk the earth with Jesus of faith.

It is not really about how long you have been called a Christian, going to church, or been made/chosen by men to pastor a church.

It’s actually about how much you have encountered God. Many people go to church, been deacon(nesses) been a pastor operating under the Authority and with the Authority of men, but truly have not submitted their life nor really Encountered Jesus.

Remember The book of John chapter 3 from verse 1. Story of Nicodemus, who was a Pharisee(versed in the Mosaic laws and tenets of God) he was also qualified as a ruler of Jews(meaning he had Authority). He himself is someone whom people respect and go to for advises and meanings.. Yet when he met Jesus he couldn’t understand what it meant to be born again, when when Jesus tried to explain to him in verse 6 of the same chapter.

There are lots of so called pastors who count years in ministry, yet in the school of the spirit, they are still in kindergarten class.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. If you have not encountered him, of course you are bound to go astray. No one stays on the right path unless they found the PATH first. Jesus is the PATH, if you don’t find him, then of course you are in the bush..and am sure we all know how rough and confusing it is in the bush.
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by faithsurvey: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2022
Remember the words that your Bible quoted Jesus to have said:
"I was not sent EXCEPT to the lost soul of the isrealites"
Re: Why A Pastor For 50 Years Accepts Islam. by GreatAxeMan: 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Israel was the priority for Jesus himself. Salvation of mankind was the assignment Jesus gave to His Apostles.

[img]https://images./7wulE11l7HGJaocDaaVOUS.jpg[/img]

Wasn't Mo the pedophile only sent for the Arabs?

faithsurvey:
Remember the words that your Bible quoted Jesus to have said:
"I was not sent EXCEPT to the lost soul of the isrealites"

(1) (Reply)

God Doesn't Exit / Jewish Rabbinical Court Ruling That Igbos Are Hebrews (continued) / Why Are You All Afraid Of Accepting Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.