Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

What Can I Do To Change My Life? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do To Change My Life? (223 Views)

How To Change Your NIN Data Yourself - NIMC Self Service NIN Modification / Please How Can I Change My Nairaland Username? / How To Change Jamb Email Address 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Change My Life? by Emywrites(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
What can I do to change my life?

You have two options to change your life.

Option 1: Change by force

Start changing your life circumstances: your social circle, job, partners, city, country, etc.

I call this ‘change by force’. This can be quite painful. Friends and partners will resist the sudden change. Changing jobs is a challenge. Moving to another country is always stressful.

Advantages? You get quicker tangible results, but they are temporary.

Downside? Chances are you will end up in similar old circumstances: similar types of people, similar job with similar problems, similar challenges.

Why? Because your mindset hasn’t changed. Your attitude to people and life hasn’t changed. You’ll attract same people and same problems by default.

An example is when you feel that you are not happy with your job and should have quit your job a while ago, but you procrastinate, you don't seek to improve on yourself, you don't consume information that'll enhance your mindset. So automatically you'll get same results over again.

Option 2: Sustainable change

Figure out what changes you want and what in your mindset is in the way. Start changing your mindset and attitude to life.

Downside? A slower process and more work in general.

Advantages? The change is less painful, because it’s not forced (e.g. when you allow certain habits/people out of your life). The change is more sustainable because it comes from within yourself.

An example is when you are not happy with your job, and you build your self-confidence and skills and proactively look for another job. Our self-confidence and new skills help us build new networks and get a job which we deserve.

Emywrites. #emywrites #personaldevelopment

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Most Powerful Words Ever Spoken || Most Inspiring Words Of Wisdom Quotes About L / Bauchi Poly Lecturer Dies In A Car Crash Days After Getting Promoted / Life Most Powerful Poetry || The Land Of The Forgotten | A Powerful Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.