Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False (648 Views)

Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers / Thief Breaks Into National Assembly Complex, Steals US Dollars, Office Equipment / INEC Server: The Easiest Way Atiku Can Make His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
Displaying a defaced National Identity card of a Nigerian alongside the article, the hacker said, “I've got one more output for s3 bucket, I casually tried to access it without any hope, and damn! The s3 bucket is full of juice.

#1 - If you hack into any database, it is not possible for you to get a display, you only have access to some junk data

#2 - Sarahareporters (are) is lying about the story as the author of the article did not mention NIMC or Nigeria in the said article. The original publication from saharareporters stated on their website:
Revealing how easy it was for him to breach the NIMC server and access personal information of millions of Nigerians in an article he shared on infosecwriteups.com
Upon checking the article there is nowhere Sam mentions NIMC or Nigeria. see link below

https://infosecwriteups.com/a-tale-of-5250-how-i-accessed-millions-of-users-data-including-their-national-id-s-fd48ca7ca0bf

#3 - Since I know the story was fake, I follow Sam to his Twitter page and he had already twittered:

Hi, Guys my recent post about, open, S3 bucket, I want to say that, that server is not from nigiria's government, it's from
@TecnoSRC and, there is company's private data nothing else, and I've reported it straight after finding it, and
@TecnoSRC just fixed it within hours.
https://twitter.com/__Sam0_0/status/1480586964168425473

#4 = For the record, NIMC is not storing your data outside of the country, rather the server was stationed in Abuja, probably in an underground room. I will post the map location later.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by khadaffi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
Anyway this news is reassuring.

Meanwhile.....
You will post the map??
Are you a government officials?

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by inoki247: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
lol
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by mp3ree: 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
khadaffi:
Anyway this news is reassuring.

Meanwhile.....
You will post the map??
Are you a government officials?

That's how they will deny it until those informations are sold in the dark web. Don't be surprise when they start accessing your banking info
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
mp3ree:

That's how they will deny it until those informations are sold in the dark web. Don't be surprise when they start accessing your banking info

Make una dey read na... na Boko Haram you be

Hi, Guys my recent post about, open, S3 bucket, I want to say that, that server is not from nigiria's government, it's from
@TecnoSRC and, there is company's private data nothing else, and I've reported it straight after finding it, and
@TecnoSRC just fixed it within hours.

2 Likes

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by seborrhic: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
FreelanceRebel:

#1 - If you hack into any database, it is not possible for you to get a display, you only have access to some junk data

#2 - Sarahareporter are is lying about the story as the author of the article did not mention NIMC or Nigeria in the said article. The original publication from saharareporters stated on their website:

Upon checking the article there is not where Sam mention NIMC or Nigeria. see link below

https://infosecwriteups.com/a-tale-of-5250-how-i-accessed-millions-of-users-data-including-their-national-id-s-fd48ca7ca0bf

#3 - Since I know the story was fake, I follow Sam to his Twitter page and he had already twittered:

#4 = For the record, NIMC is not storing your data outside of the country, rather the server was stationed in Abuja, probably in an underground room. I will post the map location later.
SR is not a news medium na.
It's a blog that fabricates stories,Photoshop pictures and use beer parlor gossips at other times as its source of news.
Sowore used SR to make money from his then APC sponsors during GEJ's time with his lies and propaganda and now the funding source has dried up,since they have no use for him any longer,he has resulted to fabricating tales from his a rse or spinning others.

4 Likes

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Sunday2021: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
mp3ree:

lovers of bad news go and read the original article. The link is there.

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Sunday2021: 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
While some illiterates are already celebrating. God punish all the haters of this country.

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by PrinceInTheNort: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
God bless you op. The problems with Nigerians is that they don't think

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by kettykin: 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
I really hope it is false
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by baralatie(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
FreelanceRebel:

#2 - Sarahareporters (are) is lying about the story as the author of the article did not mention NIMC or Nigeria in the said article. The original publication from saharareporters stated on their website:

Upon checking the article there is nowhere Sam mentions NIMC or Nigeria. see link below

Do not attempt such
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2022
baralatie:

Do not attempt such

If you know NIMC Office, you have to know the Server Location. There is no secrecy about Data-center. Even Amazon, Google, Huawei tells people about their Datacenter location.

The only threat to the server is a missile attack.

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
Lalasticalala you don't need to wait for FACT Checker
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
Every sensible person should know it's fake..it ain't that easy to hack into that kinda important agency..Dem tell you say Dem no get crazy hackers who are ready for counter hacking... grin grin grin
I laugh those wey dey fear unnecessarily... grin grin

(1) (Reply)

TINUBU, AREGBESOLA: Loyalty Is Reciprocal / Ayade: Cross River To Manufacture Military Biscuits / Okigwe 2023: Achiever Darlington Lampoons Princess Miriam Onuoha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.