Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Super Eagles Player Rating:Nigeria Vs Egypt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Player Rating:Nigeria Vs Egypt (314 Views)

Nigeria Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021: (1 - 0) On 11th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Player Rating:Nigeria Vs Egypt by Tarokboy: 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2022
Great Overall level of play by the Eagles.

Okoye(Goal Keeper)

Though not really tested.However, a good outing for the young lad.Good positioning and composure.Made a good save with his left foot from the only shot at goal by Salah.Many could have been beaten for being idle for the greater part of the match.
However,he should reduce not always lying flat with the ball after a save,it makes him look like a baby goal tender.
Rating 7/10

Zaidu(Left back)

This lads' most impressive game I have ever watched(including his Porto matches).I have always nicknamed him the galloping leftback.
He was so stable today with great passes down the left flanks, feeding Simon and the midfielders.
To me his most outstanding display was his marking out of Salah.Salah became ordinary today.Saidu accomplished his pre-match boast

Rating 8.5/10

Omeruo

Great and composed game by Omeruo.His compactness and combination with Saidiu gave a formidable blockage of Salah and Treziguet's impasse.
He played like he had a point to prove.He eventually did.However,he needs to work on his stamina as he gassed out at some point.
Solid display
Rating 8/10

Ekong:

Top performance from our Captain.
He "bossed" the defence today and no error (quite unusual).
Maintained a high line defence and coordinated the defensive-midfielders very well.
Ranking 8/10

NDIDI/ARIBO

To be honest,we got it right with our defensive midfielders.Obviously these duos' outstanding performances made the defenders do little today.we virtually were in control of the midfield from start to finish,with an occasional bust in attack by ARIBO, we were good to go.
We could have scored more,if ARIBO did not start playing deep towards the tail end of both halves.
The beauty in their performances today was how clean their tackles were.
Top players we got in the midfield.Hope to see NDIDI with Man U soon.The lad has proven his mettle and deserves to be at the top.
Ratings 8.7 for both.

Simon:
Ahhh,we got a baller here.Clearly he was our man of the match.You could hear the crowd roar whenever he got the ball.
Kai,there was this amazing pass and turn he made that was a beauty!!!
Great balance and dribble, though there is room for improvement on his final third.
A great display overall.
Rating 9/10

CHukwueze:
Imagine a Chukwueze do what Simon did today! It could have been something else.
Perhaps his coming back from injury affected his "A"game.You could see bluntness.
I see him improving as the tournament progresses.
A good outing nevertheless.
Rating 7.5/10

Aina(right back)
A good outing for the Torino lad.No doubt,Italy has improved Aina's defensive makeup.His throwings, overlapping and the his ability to use both foot were impressive.
Great bust from the back at some point in the match and an injury prone risk it all crossing to Awoniyi that hit the crossbar.
Rating: 8/10

Awoniyi:
Strong and held the ball really good.
Good understanding with Iheanacho.
Was unlucky not to score.
Great prospects.

8.5/10

Iheanacho
clearly the most intelligent player today.Forming a great understanding with Awoniyi,Good vision,great goal.
Supported the midfield occasionally.
Rating 9/10

Ejuke: 20mins play time.
Great run at some point.Needs to raise his head more often and pass the ball.

Rating 6/10

Sadiq 20mins play time

Rating 5/10

Nwakali: 10mins play time.
Doubt if I saw him touch the ball.

Rating 4/10

Ajayi: 10 mins play time

Rating 4/10

Iwobi: 2 mins play time.
Nice header to safety towards tail end of the match.

Rating 4/10

Technical Team/Manager/Conclusion
I like the fact that when we attack,we use a 2-4-4 and a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1while we defend.This is simply because we have mobile left and right backs and also mobile midfielders.
I like the fact that we substituted players when fatigue was setting in, unlike our World cup match against Argentina when it was left too late.
I like the fact that we played clean football,no unnecessary fouls committed (perhaps no Etebo and Onazi.laughs)These unnecessary fouls had cost us dearly in times past.Even Ndidi played clean.
However,we need to be more clinical upfront.
The match could have easily been 3 to 4 goals in our favour.
Finally,I like the white outfit of our technical and support team.

Rating 8/10
Re: Super Eagles Player Rating:Nigeria Vs Egypt by smartasuen(m): 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
Overall rating not bad, but u see that Ejuke eh, d dude is damn selfish and very bad at scoring. Make Eguavoen no use am for d next match, make dem use Iwobi instead.

(1) (Reply)

Boateng: We Have A Solid Plan To Beat Super Eagles / Paul Pogba Has Not Signed A New Contract With Manunited / Manchester United: Erik Ten Hag Needs 'football Club, Not Commercial Club' - Lou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.