Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors (10570 Views)

Lawan: Ninth Assembly Most Successful In Lawmaking Since 1999 / Ahmed Lawan: National Assembly Under Invasion / Long-serving Legislators Returning To Ninth Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2022
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has admitted that the 9th Assembly under his leadership is not perfect and has made some errors.

Lawan, however, noted that the Assembly will correct its errors before the expiration of their tenure.

He spoke on Wednesday when the Senate Press Corps paid a visit to felicitate with him on the occasion of his 63rd birthday in Abuja.

The Senate President said the Senate and by extension the National Assembly remains committed to serving the interest of Nigerians in the discharge of its constitutional duties.

He added that no amount of name-calling by critics would deter the upper chamber from considering and passing pro-people legislations needed for the development and advancement of the country.

According to Lawan: “We believe that there is a price to pay for anything, but we are patriotic. Let us be called any name, what we want to do and achieve is for our country to be better.

“Tomorrow, some of these people that are calling us all types of names will be writing very good commentaries about what we have been able to achieve in this Ninth National Assembly.

“Majority of Nigerians are happy with what we are doing, we are not perfect, we make our errors and we will correct them.

“We identify with our citizens but we will always do what is in the best interest of our country.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/12/9th-assembly-under-me-not-perfect-made-some-errors-senate-president-lawan/

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Anigreat: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
shocked

Wow shocked

He's indirectly telling Nigerians that he's a certified rubber stamped senate president.

A legislature that is highly influenced by the executive arm of government, is so useless, and such is not worthy to be called a legislature arm of government.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Irupetepete: 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
Werey un se werey Lawan.

Is Lawan mad or something?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
not error,but you peope didnt give a good representation. you people are always in a hurry to approve dullard request

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2022
You are a mumu senator.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Ryda(m): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
"Lawan, however, noted that the Assembly will correct its errors before the expiration of their tenure."

Mistakes you made in 6 years and still counting, you want to correct it in less than 500 days.

Ogbontarigi werey ni yín sá! angry

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Naijanascam: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Udonmeanit........
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by inoki247: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
Bunch of jokers....

Dem dey say two head is better dan one...

Buh diz people with plenty head still dey ar all useless...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by money121(m): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Abbeyme: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Na today
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Younghacka(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has admitted that the 9th Assembly under his leadership is not perfect and has made some Many errors.
Rubber Stamp Senate undecided
How Do They Plan To Correct Their Errors??
The Damage Done By This Administration Will Take Over A Decade To Correct.
Because Election Don Dey Near Everybody Wan Dey Yarn Him Own.
sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by thundafire: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Will make more
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Klington: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2022

Rubber stamping nonsense upon nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by armadeo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
Rubber stamp dude.

Your job could have be done by anyone but you.

Stamp duty president

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by futurerex: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
Rubber stamp you mean?
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Jonah507(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
Errors all through!

Only looking for any thing at all to sign and give approval.

Rubber stamp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by dododawa1: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lol
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Thandiubani(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Of course, he knows it in his mind that he already has failed Nigerians by cowering to the dictates of the executive. When I look at this senate, I see a bunch of ill-minded politicians who are always ready to kowtow to the president just to be in his good book. The effect is that the masses suffer as the lawmakers instead of doing the bidding of their constituents, become slaves to the executive. That’s exactly what we are experiencing today.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by southsouthking(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Rubber stamp with pot bellies.
Bomboklat

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by utenwuson: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Worst assembly of thieffff ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Better Get yourselves together and make Nigeria a better place for us all.

We want no excuse this time around.

God bless Nigeria and all good, honest andhardworking Nigerians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Dailymice: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
angry
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Stevenson20: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Don't worry Mr Rubber stamp, Buhari is still coming with many loan requests
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by israelmao(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
I have never seen a puppet and robotic assembly like ninth assembly.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by bobbybrown007: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
I no fit waste my shame for them, bunches of useless old people.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Bitch ass senate president.

Not like the Saraki’s of this world who had the balls to stand for what’s not right.

Bitch ass Lawan

I said what I said

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by Bromax: 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Just being paid for joking with people's destinies

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by polite2(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lots of errors
Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by jasmine1600: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
Administration that is already known as the worst in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawan: Ninth Assembly Under Me Not Perfect, We Made Some Errors by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
Apologies rejected

Therefore, jejely allow a competent someone who is not a rubber stamp senator take over from you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau: Tribunal Affirms PDP's Caleb Mutfwang As Duly Elected Governor / Nigeria’s Money Supply Hits New All-Time High Of ₦93.72 Trillion In January 2024 / Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.