Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests (19664 Views)

2023 Presidency: South-West Undecided On Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi / See Gbajabiamila Outfit As He Contests For House Of Reps Speaker / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by hisexcellency34: 5:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The South-West chapter of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) may isolate Vice President Yemi Osinbajo if he decides to pursue his presiden­tial ambition in 2023 on the party’s platform, Daily Independent has been reliably informed.

One of the leaders, who exclusive­ly spoke with Daily Independent on Wednesday, said it will amount to the “greatest treachery in the history of the South-West” if Osinbajo decides to square up against his benefactor and leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos State governor and APC nation­al leader.

Tinubu on Monday informed Pres­ident Muhammadu Buhari of his de­cision to run for the office of President in 2023.

While describing his desire to occupy the highest political office as “a lifelong ambition”, Tinubu, however, said he had not publicly disclosed his am­bition to Nigerians as he was still in consultations with var­ious interest groups across the country.

On the part of Osinbajo, even though several groups across the country have been calling for him to run, he had said he is focused on his job now as President Buhari’s deputy and will decide on whether he is going to contest at the appro­priate time.

When asked if Osinbajo will also inform President Buhari as Tinubu did, one of his aides told Daily Independent that his principal is very much interest­ed in vying for the number one office in the country.

The aide, who said Tinubu’s declaration won’t stop Osinbajo from contesting, however, said unlike Tinubu, who went to Aso Rock Villa to inform the president of his intention to contest, Osinbajo is waiting for directives from President Buhari on the way forward for the 2023 presidential election.

Speaking with Daily Inde­pendent, a leader of the South- West APC who is a close asso­ciate of Tinubu said they are keeping their fingers crossed and waiting for the vice pres­ident to make his bid known before taking action.

On what they will do if he declares, he said they will be faced with no option than to ostracise him as nobody will have anything to do with him the South-West.

“I have read all the reports so far. While I can categorically tell you that Asiwaju will contest for the presidency in 2023 un­der our party, I cannot say that for the vice president because he has so far denied having any presidential ambition.

“Even if he has, I know it cannot be under APC because to me, I can’t imagine Asiwaju squaring up against his protégé whom he nominated to Presi­dent Buhari as running mate in APC presidential primary. So, Tinubu will ask South-West delegates to vote for him in pri­mary and the vice president will also do the same?

“I believe he (Osinbajo) is a complete gentleman and will not allow some mischief mak­ers make him lose the respect we have for him. Our position is clear if truly he decides to con­test. He may be ostracised and isolated and nobody will have anything to do with him.

“They said he is waiting for directives from Mr. President, without Asiwaju, does Buhari know Osinbajo? If Asiwaju said he wants to become pres­ident today, the number one person that should take that project like his own is the vice president. But so far, he has not said anything about it. Also, he has not condemned all those rubbishing Asiwaju and say­ing that he (Osinbajo) is the best man to succeed President Buhari in 2023.

“Like I said, we are waiting for him to state his position on the 2023 presidency. Then, we too in the South-West APC will clearly state our position on where we belong”, he said.

Also on Wednesday, Rich­ard Akinnola, renowned jour­nalist and lawyer, said he has informed some of his friends who are very close to Tinubu that he is backing Osinbajo for the 2023 presidential election.

In a post titled ‘I Have Decid­ed’, Akinnola, a close associate of the vice president said even though Tinubu is eminently qualified to become Nigeria’s president, he strongly believes that Osonbajo is the best man for the job.

He wrote, “My name is Rich­ard Akinnola. At my age and pedigree, I don’t hide behind a finger. I go by my convictions. I have told some friends who are very close to Asiwaju my posi­tion. They know I have nothing personal against him. But in re­spect of this 2023 presidential race, I stand by and with Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

“I settled this with God and I’m at peace with my choice and decision. I’m not against any­body and I don’t inherit other people’s enemies. Asiwaju has paid his dues and he is eminent­ly qualified but…

“Also in the PDP, I have friends who are eminently qual­ified and have shown interest in the presidency. But as it is, I can only support one person per time.

“I’m not foisting my position on anybody. You are free to dis­agree and follow whomsoever you choose. I have made my choice. That is what democra­cy is all about. It would be sim­plistic to just pin this project to PYO. This is a movement that has taken a life of its own, beyond PYO who has been so much engrossed in state du­ties. There are larger interests involved but I can’t go into de­tails. As far as this project is involved, I’m fully persuaded and fully involved”.
https://independent.ng/2023-presidency-south-west-apc-may-ostracise-osinbajo/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by nairavsdollars(f): 5:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Osinbajo is very popular in the North and South east

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Mynd44: 5:44am On Jan 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Primariy elections is not about popularity in locations, it is about how much of the party members trusts and believe in you

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On Jan 13, 2022
God bless our Vice President.
Our incoming President in Jesus name,
Insha Allah.

Jinjinkoku:
I just want this man as our president in 2023. May we not miss it this time.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
A better Nigeria all around is what we shall encounter.
Nigeria will succeed.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @MANNABBGRILLS come 2023 be say :

Starboy and Zulum for 2023.
Jibabs2:
Osinbajo or nothing

Our own @[/b] be say : STARBOY & Zulum for 2023.

Osinbajo, The great Man.

Our own @[b]
be say : STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Topmaike007:
I like this your combo...

Pls when will APC membership card revalidation exercise end..

I need to collect mine
Our Combo is actually a well selected great Combo to move our nation forward.
That being said,,
Chief Topmaike,
We no too know about this APC revalidation tin o.
We are not actually a card carrying member of any political party in Nigeria.
The only 2 guys we love in Naija politics are our darling Daddy and his amiable Vice.
Now, Zulum has joined the rank.
We only go to the polls on election day to cast our votes for good, honest men that meant well for the nation, no matter the party they are.
And you don't have to be a party member to do that.

But in the past one month, we have noticed how all the top big wigs and non-politicians alike are all joining APC in their various Constituencies, from Governors, to Businesses owners and Entrepreneurs.
We are looking and researching about the good ones among them already.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

iHart:
I love this man
We Love him too.
Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life don't like him obviously cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.

God bless our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @[/b] be say : [b]STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

PYO : Man of the people.... Sane people we mean.
Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians. kiss

Mexzy4sho:

one can't deny that this combo would be the best to beat currently in Nigeria.
Manna, you make sense for here.
Now, clap for yasef undecided

Crucialgem:

We share the same view man, God bless you, I just hate the way people go about with always saying negative things when good news comes up about our country Nigeria. Most of you guys are the real problem we have in Nigeria
God bless you too crucial gem
You are truly a rare gem on this forum.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45am On Jan 13, 2022
Mynd44:

Primariy elections is not about popularity in locations, it is about how much of the party members trusts and believe in you
Gbamsolutely!!

End of Thread!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by naija4life247: 5:46am On Jan 13, 2022
He will be excommunicated.

48 Laws of Power

Rule-1

Never ever outshine your boss. Tinubu is the boss of bosses including Buhari’s boss. So if Osinbajo does anyhow, he may have to go and contest under Pastor Chris Okotie’s FRESH PARTY after we excommunicate him from APC and from Lagos, even EFCC will be after him. Let him go and ask Atiku what Obasanjo did to him in 2007

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by kenzysmith: 5:46am On Jan 13, 2022
Tunu u Na real mafia he trust. O one

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Ijaya123: 5:47am On Jan 13, 2022
Another baseless opinion from paid political spinners. Tinubu’s version of BMC. grin grin grin

Expect plenty of that in the days to came.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by gasparpisciotta: 5:47am On Jan 13, 2022
Osinbajo is a gentleman, he will not upset the party for a personal ambition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 13, 2022
A Muslim can't rule twice. Same for a Christian. Tinubu bullion van can't upturn arrangements

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by ChocolateWine(f): 5:48am On Jan 13, 2022
The same APC said they didn't have any problem having both of them contesting.

What changed? Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 13, 2022
kenzysmith:
Tunu u Na real mafia he trust. O one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by LegendHero(m): 5:49am On Jan 13, 2022
nairavsdollars:

Which of the South East?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by MiaBeer(m): 5:49am On Jan 13, 2022
shocked
Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by yommen: 5:50am On Jan 13, 2022
Mynd44:

Do party members actually believe in Tinubu. Do you think Hausas will back Tinubu?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by autotrader014(m): 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
For what? Is he not more eligible than thiefnibu?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by LegendHero(m): 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
yommen:

Do party members actually believe in Tinubu. Do you think Hausas will back Tinubu?

As it stand, some of the greatest supporters of Tinubu are found in the North.

They are so dedicated to that cause. I’m pretty sure in like 5 months time, we will have some clarity in the direction.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Ayodekfarms(m): 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
Personally, I'll prefer � boy to any candidate.
This man has shown us time and times again that he's capable.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
The vp still has powers to stifle Tinubu

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Advocate500: 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
post=109323533:

Gbamsolutely!!

End of Thread!
this one is confused at the moment, he is looking for who to employ him between Osinbajo and Tinubu .

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Mynd44: 5:51am On Jan 13, 2022
yommen:

That we shall see as time progresses

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Oddfinder: 5:52am On Jan 13, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Confusion everywhere
See them fighting themselves already..even the Nairaland BMCs that gave Osinbajo the name STAR BOY have turned against him..later they wil say there're united..

15 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Laggafin: 5:52am On Jan 13, 2022
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.. Osinbanjo has tasted power and it will be a miracle if he chickens out easily..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by naija4life247: 5:52am On Jan 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Which of the South East?

He means South Easten Adamawa which shares border with Cameroon

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by adioolayi(m): 5:52am On Jan 13, 2022
Let this man be...which one be ostracized

Doesn't he have right to contest

Na wa ooo

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by Eden007(m): 5:53am On Jan 13, 2022
I am not a fan of any of the above mentioned names, neither am I a political fanatic, but sincerely amongst all the candidates so far rumoured to contest, Osibanjo remains the best so far. He knows exactly what to do to change the situation of Nigeria having seen every wrong doings from the inside.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by omlueh(m): 5:53am On Jan 13, 2022
That's Their Problem, Not Nigerian Wahala.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by eleko1: 5:53am On Jan 13, 2022
sad Nonsense! Bubu and his pipu will do Pa Tee strong thing. Bubu that I knw will NOT handover power to Pa Tee.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by PresidentAtiku(m): 5:53am On Jan 13, 2022
If the principle of rotational presidency means power should shift to the south, then power should also shift to a Christian.

Buhari has done 8 years for the Muslims.

In the spirit of fairness, it is time for a Southern Christian. Tinubu had this ambition to become Buhari's vice in 2015 but it was obvious the Muslim-Muslim ticket won't fly.

Now he wants to achieve that same ambition to the detriment of Christians. It is unfair and he must be stopped.

Christian Association of Nigeria will soon comment on this.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by fasho01(m): 5:54am On Jan 13, 2022
I honestly don't rate osinbajo high at all based on his docile and incompetent tenure with the lifeless one and wonder why the unnecessary hype about him. I also consider him considering to run as treachery of the highest order

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests by KelvinHerbert: 5:54am On Jan 13, 2022
My own opinion over this your write up is
gerraaat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Okon Donates 5 Storey-Building To Tinubu Support Groups In Calabar / Fulani Herdsmen Kill A Seminarian In Atakwu, Enugu / Jamilah Tangaza Declared Wanted By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.