Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Take Advantage Of Social Media - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Take Advantage Of Social Media (177 Views)

IGP Suspends Female Police Officers For Violation Of Social Media Policy / Is There Any Advantage Of Having A HSE Certificate? / Take Advantage Of The British HSE & PMP Training At Novelle Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take Advantage Of Social Media by magabounce(m): 8:31am On Jan 13, 2022
As seen on LinkedIn
The user’s handle is Goodness Somtochukwu; I hope this inspires you.
A Millionaire at 19

Yeah, that's me �

I didn't want to share this story, but I realized that it could be a source of inspiration for many.

I'm from a humble family of 6, and I'm the last in my family. An unfortunate event happened nine months after my birth, and I lost my dad before I could pronounce 'dada' like others �.

So, I grew up with my mum, a virtuous and industrious woman. She's my role model because I saw how she fought to make ends meet.

She took loans and along with her pharmacy, she gave us the best she could �

So, after high school, I got admission into an expensive state school which I knew she couldn't handle.

However, I had an uncle that came through at the start. I'll indeed be forever indebted to him for starting me off. It didn't last long, and I understood very well�‍♀️

But before then, I had always wanted to earn money for myself. I knew I can't depend on someone forever.

I was the President of my school's Press Club, so writing was already my Forte ✍️

My breakthrough came while I was going through Nairaland. That was the first time I came across Freelance writing. I took interest immediately and registered on Upwork

At first, the money was coming in peanuts, and it was hard getting jobs as there was cutthroat competition on the platform. But I refused to give up �

Well, refusing to give up wasn't the only thing I did. I started saving from the few cents I got. I didn't save with my savings account. I saved with FBNQuest where they gave me 10% returns per annum on mutual funds.

I was 18.

Every month, I made sure I put some nickels aside. So, when my uncle told me he couldn't see me further anymore, I knew it was time. Mum's business wasn't doing well, and everyone in my family was still struggling to come up. I was on my own.

I wasn't exactly lost as I already had something. But I made a decision: I'll not only be rich, but I'll have more than enough to give others.

8 months from that day, I had 1 million naira sitting in my mutual fund's account. I have made over $10,000 on Upwork, and the good life started.

Fast Forward to 2021, I wasn't only saving anymore. I started investing—stock investment, real estate, etc.

It didn't stop there; I gave my mum the nice pharmacy she had always wanted. I paid school fees for other students. I settled bills for the sick. Blessed people that couldn't help themselves, etc

Here's an inspiration for every young person out there that's struggling to make ends meet. Being from a humble home doesn't mean you'll have a humble life too.

Don't give up. The story didn't go as easy as I made it sound here. It was a lot more than that.

Suppose you're like me, without any hope. I want you to know that God works in mysterious ways. Keep at it if you're working on something yet to break through.

And when you start earning, don't spend it on frivolous things. Save and invest.

To every poor young girl out there, there's hope babe ❤️
Re: Take Advantage Of Social Media by Jaycobbs(m): 8:57am On Jan 13, 2022
Great story. Hope you keep winning

cool

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Make Money On Youtube Even Without Adsense / An Advice On How To Becomes Taxi Hailing Driver / What’s The Difference Between A Director And A VP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.