Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas (1517 Views)

Eze Chima Was Never A Benin Man Explain By Benin High Chief(video) / “Who Am I To Speak After JAGABAN Has Spoken?" – Ambode At Jim Ovia's Book Launch / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 8:58am On Jan 13, 2022
Y u all argue so much I do not know.

Look it up here -Igbos are made up of first the aboriginal Igbo and the later immigrants call them Hebrew whatever.

Remember in the myth of Eri where Awka was talked about. Here, the Awka's had been b4 the later.

This later Igbos first sojourned in Igala b4 coming down.
Calling them Igala while they are Igbo instead is what I do not understand of this people that want to here anything else asides the name Igbo, in fact for them let Igbo disappear into tin air; name is choking them lol.
Again remember the changing of Igalas capital from Amagedde to Idah(Igbo).

Dude, Igbo history is complex

Igbo came to our current location through a Northern direction.
But at Kogi, there was a split. One group took the direction of Edo and the other took the direction of Benue and then Cross River.
The groups that took Edo direction gave rise to the Indigenous Igbo tribes in Anioma, those who took Benue direction ended up in Ikwo, Ezza,Izzi. Those who took Cross River direction ended up forming Bende, Arochukwu, Ututu,Ohafia, Abiriba.
Others moved straight from Kogi to Anambra River area and formed the Nri and Nsukka groups.
All these groups now kept pushing down until they all met each other again within Abia and Imo state.
Kept pushing until they reached the coasts (Bonny).
I believe during these journey, many Igbos were left along the way, and they settled with their non Igbo neighbors and lost their Igbo language.

When you listen to Abiriba, Bende history, you hear of origin from Cross River direction, yet the name of their ancestors were all Igbos.
For example the ancestor of Abiriba was called "Nnachioke"
So I came to the conclusion that these ancestors were Igbos on the move who had to pass through non Igbo territories, settled amongst them, acquired wives and friends from there who joined in their journey, until they settled to where they are currently stationed. They also in typical Igbo manner acquired cultural practices of these people.

That's my rational explanation of the Igbo migration and the irreconcilable stories of ancestors who were said to be Edo, Cross River, Igala , etc, yet all bore Igbo names and have their descendants speaking Igbo.

Yes that is it.
Just the the biblical Moses story and they also intermarried with the old aboriginal Igbos, like Awka and AmaIgbo.

So now about EZE CHIMA grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by gidgiddy: 9:02am On Jan 13, 2022
A Bini prince with an Igbo name?

2 Likes

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 9:06am On Jan 13, 2022
gidgiddy:
A Bini prince with an Igbo name?

I tell you, it drives me craze grin

1 Like

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by mrvitalis(m): 9:10am On Jan 13, 2022
Op please if u don't know history talk ...Eze Chima was an aro chief sent to Benin to establish trade link ...he was not the first neither was he the last

Like the typical Igbo man he became successful in Benin which drew hate n envy to him ( no be today this thing start ) so he left ...died on his way back home in the present day anioma so his people seeing it's Igbo land felt at home and settled

2 Likes

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 9:28am On Jan 13, 2022
mrvitalis:
Op please if u don't know history talk ...Eze Chima was an aro chief sent to Benin to establish trade link ...he was not the first neither was he the last

Like the typical Igbo man he became successful in Benin which drew hate n envy to him ( no be today this thing start ) so he left ...died on his way back home in the present day anioma so his people seeing it's Igbo land felt at home and settled

Lol -who told you all this.
Have you ever heard of the name Umu Chima still in existence today both in Anioma and Anambra grin
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by mrvitalis(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2022
AfonjaFula:

Have you ever heard of the name Umu Chima still in existence today both in Anioma and Anambra grin
Yes they are in anioma n Anambra but there true origin is aro ...there are aro community in every region of Igbo land from ikwerre to bonny in the south to nsukka in the north

Eze Chima was an aro chief it's not even up for debate

4 Likes

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2022
Perhaps he should had been, Oba Oviama grin

1 Like

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Eze Chima was an aro chief it's not even up for debate [/quote]

Idk where you are from, but at least you agree that there is Aro everywhere including in Ikwere Aro-Ikwere, even in Annang Philip Effiongs village which name was changed after the war, being Aro-Ekpemiong.

There also were existence of Bini Igbo business-relationship as was with Obi Olisa, even with the Nembes as was with King Boy of Brass. However, at least it's of no argument now that this my uncle being myself also an Aro was no Bini Prince.

Funny the Anioma Aro's where the most headstrong that led the Ekumeku, same areas gave birth to sons like Nzeogwu, Achuzie, Osadebe, Equiano etc, but today are not Igbo
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Yes they are in anioma n Anambra but there true origin is aro ...there are aro community in every region of Igbo land from ikwerre to bonny in the south to nsukka in the north

Idk where you are from, but at least you agree that there is Aro everywhere including in Ikwere Aro-Ikwere, even in Annang Philip Effiongs village which name was changed after the war, being Aro-Ekpemiong.

There also were existence of Bini Igbo business-relationship as was with Obi Olisa, even with the Nembes as was with King Boy of Brass. However, at least it's of no argument now that this my uncle being myself also an Aro was no Bini Prince.

Funny the Anioma Aro's where the most headstrong that led the Ekumeku, same areas gave birth to sons like Nzeogwu, Achuzie, Osadebe, Equiano etc, but today are not Igbo.

Funny how a Bini man named his son Chima
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 13, 2022
[s]Others moved straight from Kogi to Anambra River area and formed the Nri and Nsukka groups[/s].

Fake history.

This piece u wrote doesn't exist.

Igbos don't have same migration history.

Fake
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lolz

There is a particular town in Anambra state I know very well that doesn't have let slone harbor any single aro or aro settlement among them. Their history is devoid of anything that has to do with aro.

Secondly Eze Chima was no aro chief. Stop pushing Abia and mbaise history down our throat. It won't work.

1 Like

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by mrvitalis(m): 10:09am On Jan 13, 2022
AfonjaFula:

Funny the Anioma Aro's where the most headstrong that led the Ekumeku, same areas gave birth to sons like Nzeogwu, Achuzie, Osadebe, Equiano etc, but today are not Igbo.

Funny how a Bini man named his son Chima
Anioma and aro have perfect relationship they know they are brothers .....they both sent re-enforcement to each other during war against the British ...many aro people fought in the ekumeku war too same as anioma in brithis aro war

I'm from mbaise tho
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Akudaisi: 10:14am On Jan 13, 2022
AfonjaFula:

bro umm Chima is all over Igbo land

1 Like

Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Akudaisi: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Fake history.

Fake

bia this Benin baaasstard what is it with u and Igbo? leave us to discuss our history please focus on ur poo eating region
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 13, 2022
Akudaisi:
bia this Benin baaasstard what is it with u and Igbo? leave us to discuss our history please focus on ur poo eating region

E pain am

You guys have been trying to do hard to jam Igbo history together, na only novice go believe such

Imagine such from Ebonyi state claiming nri history?lol

What a fallacy.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 13, 2022
grin
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Princeaniemeka: 11:26am On Jan 13, 2022
OBI EZECHIMA WAS THE FIRST KING( AGBOGIDI) IN ONITSHA AND NOT ARO OR ANIOMA OR ANY OTHER PLACE. IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY VERY WELL. STOP PEDDLING FALSE INFORMATION. EVEN THE FIRST PRIMARY SCHOOL AT AWKA ROAD WAS NAMED AFTER HIM (EZECHIMA PRI SCHOOL). IF YOU DON'T KNOW ASK. SHALOM

quote author=AfonjaFula post=109327231]Y u all argue so much I do not know.

Look it up here -Igbos are made up of first the aboriginal Igbo and the later immigrants call them Hebrew whatever.

Remember in the myth of Eri where Awka was talked about. Here, the Awka's had been b4 the later.

This later Igbos first sojourned in Igala b4 coming down.
Calling them Igala while they are Igbo instead is what I do not understand of this people that want to here anything else asides the name Igbo, in fact for them let Igbo disappear into tin air; name is choking them lol.
Again remember the changing of Igalas capital from Amagedde to Idah(Igbo).

Dude, Igbo history is complex

Igbo came to our current location through a Northern direction.
But at Kogi, there was a split. One group took the direction of Edo and the other took the direction of Benue and then Cross River.
The groups that took Edo direction gave rise to the Indigenous Igbo tribes in Anioma, those who took Benue direction ended up in Ikwo, Ezza,Izzi. Those who took Cross River direction ended up forming Bende, Arochukwu, Ututu,Ohafia, Abiriba.
Others moved straight from Kogi to Anambra River area and formed the Nri and Nsukka groups.
All these groups now kept pushing down until they all met each other again within Abia and Imo state.
Kept pushing until they reached the coasts (Bonny).
I believe during these journey, many Igbos were left along the way, and they settled with their non Igbo neighbors and lost their Igbo language.

When you listen to Abiriba, Bende history, you hear of origin from Cross River direction, yet the name of their ancestors were all Igbos.
For example the ancestor of Abiriba was called "Nnachioke"
So I came to the conclusion that these ancestors were Igbos on the move who had to pass through non Igbo territories, settled amongst them, acquired wives and friends from there who joined in their journey, until they settled to where they are currently stationed. They also in typical Igbo manner acquired cultural practices of these people.

That's my rational explanation of the Igbo migration and the irreconcilable stories of ancestors who were said to be Edo, Cross River, Igala , etc, yet all bore Igbo names and have their descendants speaking Igbo.

Yes that is it.
Just the the biblical Moses story and they also intermarried with the old aboriginal Igbos, like Awka and AmaIgbo.

So now about EZE CHIMA grin grin grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by NaMe4: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2022
Instead of seeking ways of sorting yourselves out of the predicaments you find yourselves in this country, you'd rather waste time narrating fables online.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Akudaisi: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

E pain am

You guys have been trying to do hard to jam Igbo history together, na only novice go believe such

What a fallacy.
the fallacy here is a claim by an osu from Benin having knowledge of Nri grin
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Omanambala(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Anioma and aro have perfect relationship they know they are brothers .....they both sent re-enforcement to each other during war against the British ...many aro people fought in the ekumeku war too same as anioma in brithis aro war

I'm from mbaise tho

You are ignorant if the version of Onicha migration is what you believe. This is really funny....lol. It's shows you know nothing about patterns of migration , traditions and time period of events.

Onicha has absolutely nothing in common with Arochukwu.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Omanambala(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Lolz

There is a particular town in Anambra state I know very well that doesn't have let slone harbor any single aro or aro settlement among them. Their history is devoid of anything that has to do with aro.

Secondly Eze Chima was no aro chief. Stop pushing Abia and mbaise history down our throat. It won't work.

You made it sound as if Aro settled in every town , except one in Anambra.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omanambala:

I only disproved his generalization. It is a dangerous history from him.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=Princeaniemeka post=109331000]OBI EZECHIMA WAS THE FIRST KING( AGBOGIDI) IN ONITSHA AND NOT ARO OR ANIOMA OR ANY OTHER PLACE. IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY VERY WELL. STOP PEDDLING FALSE INFORMATION. EVEN THE FIRST PRIMARY SCHOOL AT AWKA ROAD WAS NAMED AFTER HIM (EZECHIMA PRI SCHOOL). IF YOU DON'T KNOW ASK. SHALOM

So how does this relate to the topic
/quote]
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omanambala:

Umu Chima remain those Aro's.
Then Aro were like the Levites of the Bible who inherited no lands but pastures. Seeing this, the European called them colonies -I ask, were the Aro's colonizing themselves?

Asides from Aro-Ngwa in Ngwa, there's also UmuAro there. There's Arondizogu in Imo. Up to Izza, Nussuka and up north had most of the Aro settlements but their names lost one was Aro-Ndikechukwu and like the Ohafias, there, Ezza etc did their fights.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
Lol, Osagyefo98 you have gone insane
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Lolz

Lol, dude you have gone insane
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

SENT TO BENIN BY WHO?
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Fake history.

Fake

Am still wondering how a Benin Oba named his son CHIMA grin
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
Osagyefo98:

E pain am

What a fallacy.

Lol, so whose claiming Nri history here.
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by christistruth01: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2022
AfonjaFula:

Am still wondering how a Benin Oba named his son CHIMA grin

Chima was the Igbo way of Pronouncing Khime
That is what I heard
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by AfonjaFula: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
christistruth01:

That is what I heard

grin grin grin grin grin
I heard it was the wrong way of pronouncing Ovsviama
Re: SINCE EZE CHIMA WAS BININ PRINCE, HOW COME HIS NAME WAS NEVER Ovia Osas by Idiko1: 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
christistruth01:

That is what I heard

What about the Eze portion of the name?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Peter Obi Will Get 12 Million Votes In 2023 Election, Says Isaac Fayose / Sowore: Who Peter Obi Can't Influence Does Not Exist (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.