Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Son Of Perdition - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Son Of Perdition (206 Views)

Image I found when I googled "Son Of Perdition" few days ago / The Sons Of Perdition / Jesus is the Son of Perdition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Son Of Perdition by Incrizz(f): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
(I had to pposy this on a new thread to allow for referencing)

The son of perdition

Isn't it interesting that JESUS called Judas, who betrayed Him, the son of perdition? A phrase associated with the Antichrist.

The Scriptures fulfilled regarding this statement of JESUS, was a prophecy made by David when he was speaking concerning Ahitophel, popularly known as his trusted adviser.

Psalm 41:9
“Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.”

But why did JESUS call Judas the son of perdition and the Scripture that was referenced as fulfilled was in connection to Ahitophel?

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Mathew 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

Ahitophel was David's trusted adviser to the point that Scripture records that when he, Ahitophel, gives a counsel, his words were like GOD had counselled.
2 Samuel 16:23
“And the counsel of Ahithophel, which he counselled in those days, was as if a man had enquired at the oracle of God: so was all the counsel of Ahithophel both with David and with Absalom.”

But what a lot of us may not have known about Ahitophel was that he and David were friends, close friends, to the point that they went to Church together.

Psalm 55:14
" We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

Ahitophel fellowshipped with David in serving GOD.

Judas fellowshipped with JESUS in serving GOD.

But when Absalom, David's son, called Ahitophel to advise him on how to take the Kingdom from David (who had fled) this is what he, Ahitophel, said,

2 Samuel 17:
1 Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:

2 And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with him shall flee; and I will smite the king only:

Ahitophel, David's friend, offered to kill King David himself!

Ahitophel, who had fellowship with David serving GOD betrayed David unto death.

Judas who had fellowship with JESUS serving GOD betrayed JESUS unto death.

When Ahitophel later saw that his counsel was not followed, he hung himself. (if Absalom had followed Ahitophel's advise, he may have succeeded in killing David because he knew exactly where David was but that was not GOD's plan).

Judas hung himself when JESUS crucified.

One who fellowships or serves GOD but goes ahead to betray to death -is the son of perdition.

The Antichrist, the son of perdition, has been linked to the Pope. Well, maybe true. but while you are watching regarding this, kindly also be on the look out for someone who may have been in our midst and fellowshipped and served GOD with us but has gone ahead to betray GOD and now wants to put his children to death.

Scripture says the Antichrist is a vile person but that he would come peaceably and obtain the kingdoms by flatteries.

Keep your eyes open for someone who we may have thought was one of us.
I am saying the antichrist may be some kind of "man of GOD".
That is why I am not entirely discarding the pope theory. But while your eyes are on the Pope, keep scanning for another.

He will declare himself God and will show forth signs and miracles that if it were possible to deceive the elect,they would have been deceived. But we cannot be deceived.

Don't be deceived but watch and pray

(1) (Reply)

I Need Clarification On This. / 2022 My Year Of GOODNESS & FATNESS / Pastor Seen Fight Demons With Cutlass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.