Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR (10974 Views)

Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter / Buhari Ministers, Twitter Yet To Begin Talks On Ban / Reno: Buhari, Osinbajo Still On Twitter Yet NBC Orders Stations To Deactivate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by Kenn55: 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2022
deji17:
They have 3 months to do it.

There was no concrete agreement. I suspect Twitter has made some vague promises without actually putting pen to paper. If there was, Twitter will have collaborated FG statement. Twitter seem to ignore them and allow FG fool themselves.
FG said they will only lift the ban when Twitter complies with their demand.
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by deji17: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Kenn55:

There was no concrete agreement. I suspect Twitter has made some vague promises without actually putting pen to paper. If there was, Twitter will have collaborated FG statement. Twitter seem to ignore them and allow FG fool themselves.
FG said they will only lift the ban when Twitter complies with their demand.

There was no concrete agreement? Were you part of the negotiating team? It is one thing not to like the govt, it is another thing to not to wish your country well. When they open their office, will you then be happy? I doubt it.
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by NaMe4: 1:04am On Jan 14, 2022
VaselineCrew:
Is nairaland that you lot are commenting on registered in America?

Is it registered in China? Uk?

So why should another website come and register here by force?

I don’t get it.

I play a game on the App Store called “Modern Combat”, should they also register in Nigeria too?

Where does it end?

That would mean every website owner must register in every country on earth with access to the internet.

Not many people understand the implications of the senseless 'arm-twisting' this administration is attempting to achieve.
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:10am On Jan 14, 2022
VaselineCrew:
Is nairaland that you lot are commenting on registered in America?

Is it registered in China? Uk?

So why should another website come and register here by force?

I don’t get it.

I play a game on the App Store called “Modern Combat”, should they also register in Nigeria too?

Where does it end?

That would mean every website owner must register in every country on earth with access to the internet.

no mind them

APC need twitter up na election year we are on na
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by Kenn55: 3:41am On Jan 14, 2022
deji17:

There was no concrete agreement? Were you part of the negotiating team? It is one thing not to like the govt, it is another thing to not to wish your country well. When they open their office, will you then be happy? I doubt it.
Don't get me wrong. It is a suspicion and I don't think there is anything wrong in that suspicion knowing how this government behaves.
Secondly, you guys are always quick to bring in love or hate in discussion, is this supposed to be an emotional blackmail or what?

For instance, my love or hate for Buhari or any other person does not have any impact. What will have an impact is Buhari leading the country well. You guys should stop bothering about who loves or hates anyone, it doesn't change anything.
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by SKINDOGGY: 4:53am On Jan 14, 2022
Mk una dy deceive una self, na bcus of election in lift am
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by chaloskyx: 4:59am On Jan 14, 2022
LOL LIKE I SAID NIGERIA NEEDS TWITTER NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND GOVT THAT CANNOT SUSTAIN ITSELF AND IS BEGGING FOR HANDOUTS JUST TO PAY SALARIES IS THAT ONE A GOVT
Re: Twitter Yet To Register In Nigeria Despite Lifting Of Ban - ICIR by wink2015(m): 6:24am On Jan 14, 2022
Maxymilliano:
We know the lifting of ban was for political expediency towards 2023 and nothing more.

Foolish government with fish brain

You have said it all. It is for political convenience as we count to 2023 election year.

The federal government feel uncomfortable and too embarrassed dragging this Twitter. drama further

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Edogbo: Why Yahaya Bello Should Be President (Video) / Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost / 2023: Young Professionals In Diaspora Give Jonathan One-Week Ultimatum To Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.