Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) (18014 Views)

Protest Hits Enugu Over Failure Of INEC To Register Voters (Video, Pics) / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Dybala11(m): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
Water scarcity, this is somehow ooo...
Although it will be a particular area in Enugu, and not everywhere.
I think the situation is probably the same in most part of Enugu state o, I lived there for months during my NYSC days. I'm talking about 2020/2021 o.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by cherishmichael: 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
Okay ooo.
Dybala11:

I think the situation is probably the same in most part of Enugu state o, I lived there for months during my NYSC days. I'm talking about 2020/2021 o.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Dybala11(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
Okay ooo.
The problem is probably due to the terrain of the place, so many mountains there. The NYSC orientation camp in Awgu is built on a hill sef.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by errigdee: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
nawa oo
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Alba3: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
ObianujuAku1:
sad

Enugu is a rocky area with hills everywhere so it's virtually difficult to get water by just drilling bore holes.
Most houses in Enugu are virtually on top of a mountain.
The name Enugu means Enu ( on top) ugwu (mountain)
Which means on top of mountain.
With this drilling borehole won't be such easy for individuals.
We have similar issues in some parts of delta ogwashiuku precisely.
Government should provide active water board and reservoirs build mini dams in all streams in Enugu and channel the water.
You people keep promoting inefficiency. Which Enugu is on top of hills? Ngwo that's on top of hills even gets water. The problem is the inefficiency of the government to build dams. The single dam in Ezeagu is poorly managed and maintained; it can only supply water to government house and less than 1% of Enugu. Enugu should learn from states in the north or Ekiti with same topography but has close to 10 dams. Raining season water could be dammed in several locations and those springs around Awgu, etc.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by ObianujuAku1(f): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
Alba3:

You people keep promoting inefficiency. Which Enugu is on top of hills? Ngwo that's on top of hills even gets water. The problem is the inefficiency of the government to build dams. The single dam in Ezeagu is poorly managed and maintained; it can only supply water to government house and less than 1% of Enugu. Enugu should learn from states in the north or Ekiti with same topography but has close to 10 dams. Raining season water could be dammed in several locations and those springs around Awgu, etc.

That's my suggestion here.
the government should make good use of every streams in enugu and build mini dams and reservoirs at least 2 to 3 in each local government
well I wish they'll listen.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Toscarel: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2022
We have the solution already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have No Reason To Leave PDP Or Politics - Goodluck Jonathan / FG To Pay N2.75bn Compensation For Coastal Highway Demolitions Today / Police Replies Senator Misau Over Allegation Of SUV Jeeps To Aisha Buhari(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.