Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) (18023 Views)

Protest Hits Enugu Over Failure Of INEC To Register Voters (Video, Pics) / Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Moscodee1990(m): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
WTF
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by nonstan(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
Water scarcity, this is somehow ooo...
Although it will be a particular area in Enugu, and not everywhere.

I currently stay in GRA, no water for close to 6months, it is alleged that Government house even sales water to residence. It’s that bad

1 Like

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by BJanta: 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
KingDash:
this is not a country

Which country, Nigeria or Biafla ?

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
Almaigaa:

Na lie.
It's everywhere in the East. grin
ignorance is a disease, who knows if you have ever travelled out of your village before? Bush man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by vole: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2022
goodheart01:

Fool... If you're too stupid not to know this is a Nigerian issue then u have no remedy.

Despite voting in the leaders and paying taxes, we still end up providing basic necessities for ourselves.

-They can't give us light, so we provide for ourselves by using generator.
- They can't give us water so we provide by digging boreholes
- They can't give us security so we provide by safeguarding our lives and improvising as much as we can.
-They can't give us jobs, so we hustle out of our way and try to make ends meet

Yet a mugu like u still feels it's an Eastern problem.
I have never witnessed such a situation in my entire life where people have to queue like this for water here in the south.
I can understand your foolishness and hatred for my region. Continue basking in your foolishness. God will see you through.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Almaigaa: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
Why do you guys hate the East?...
How can it be everywhere in the East??, Abeg clean the dust in your eyes before looking into other people's matter, as if in your area you guys are perfect.

I'm based in Abia and it's same here. It's same story in most parts of Anambra. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by BJanta: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
JEWELofHELL:
Water getting more scarce than fuel in Enugu state.

Really?
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Ournolly: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
Trekking more than 20km to get water?
Some people are so dumb!

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by gbengaeed(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
...which Irawo, are you not surrounded by waters digging the earth for just 15ft you will have water and there are a lot of water project in that area made by house of representative members and local govt. the abandon one were stopped when the State Govt. educate people that the area is not a suitable for residential due to the fact that its prone to flooding. you guy know what you experience in that place in terms of flooding

Simplythebest:
Same thing happens here in Irawo along ikorodu road here in lagos state no water 25 liter of water is now sold at N120. A tanker of water is sold at N25, 000. Just that people are buying the tank water that's why no one is noticing whats going on there. People are suffering more than those once in Enugu. In Enugu u can even see where to fetch free water but not here in Irawo. And u will see abandoned water project here in Irawo. I will snap the water project and post i here if anyone is doubting it.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Almaigaa: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
YourFavorite21:
ignorance is a disease, who knows if you have ever travelled out of your village before? Bush man.

I know the East pass you. I'm based in Aba.

1 Like

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Realmi: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Last time I heard of water scarcity wan in college...so it can happen in a state too....na wah o
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Almaigaa:

I know the East pass you. I'm based in Aba.
shut up, you don't know any where , I'm based in Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by cherishmichael: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
I'm not from Enugu, but a proud igbo citizen, you then that your state is perfect enjoy na, this is how they won't to build a One Nigeria!! Rubbish!!!
Chimookigwe:

You must be from Enugu. Defending failure is your trademark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by ajumma(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
YourFavorite21:
This fool ,why do you always tag me?
Am I the cause of your frustration?? If you tag me again , I will lay curses on you.

because you are a traitor
& you are already cursed

woe betide on you

1 Like

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
ajumma:

because you are a traitor
& you are already cursed

woe betide on you
You are warned.
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by YourFavorite21(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2022
Almaigaa:

See this one. If you are in Anambra now as you claimed, answer this question. How many People in Anambra were killed and eaten by Cannibalist? grin grin grin grin grin

If you answer this question correctly, then I'll believe that you are presently in Anambra. grin
I don't waste my time on miscreants, you are not worthy of a sensible conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by goodheart01: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2022
vole:

I have never witnessed such a situation in my entire life where people have to queue like this for water here in the south.
I can understand your foolishness and hatred for my region. Continue basking in your foolishness. God will see you through.

U have never seen people queue up for water in the South?? Wow... I see. I guess your region also has steady power supply, fuel price is low, adequate security, and oh yes, jobs are readily available for u all.
.. Nigerians and stupidity... Everything about u guys is region and triblaism. And that's why most of u aren't noticing the rape on our survival by our wicked leaders.

"The fool never agrees he's foolish thereby wallowing in the vortex of folly till eternity"

3 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by omenkaLives(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
Tinubu sef. angry
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Almaigaa: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
YourFavorite21:
I don't waste my time on miscreants, you are not worthy of a sensible conversation.

This Okoro dey Sokoto dey enjoy himself. But claimed to be in Anambra. The fear of Cannibals in the East is the begining of wisdomgrin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by cherishmichael: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2022
See it's everywhere, i schooled at bio Maiduguri, NAITES water was sold for ₦200 for 25 littes you hardly see water there, this is based on experience soo stop calling only the igbos.
Almaigaa:

I'm based in Abia and it's same here. It's same story in most parts of Anambra. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by dominique(f): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2022
NORSIYK:
This is shameful, does it mean that individuals can't drill borehole in their respective compounds?

The water is not usable as a result of the coal deposits underground. They're not called the Coal City for nothing
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by streetzdreamz(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
ObianujuAku1:
sad

Enugu is a rocky area with hills everywhere so it's virtually difficult to get water by just drilling bore holes.
Most houses in Enugu are virtually on top of a mountain.
The name Enugu means Enu ( on top) ugwu (mountain)
Which means on top of mountain.
With this drilling borehole won't be such easy for individuals.
We have similar issues in some parts of delta ogwashiuku precisely.
Government should provide active water board and reservoirs build mini dams in all streams in Enugu and channel the water.
Now I understand the reason for the scarcity but notwithstanding, in the absence of a large body of water to serve the dam you suggested, a geophysical survey can be carried out to locate a fractured zone irrespective of the nature of the outcrops, they'll certainly have fractured zones. Once a good aquifer is gotten, a reservoir can be erected to serve the community.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by cherishmichael: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
My brother it's everywhere not only the igbos.
nonstan:

I currently stay in GRA, no water for close to 6months, it is alleged that Government house even sales water to residence. It’s that bad

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Almaigaa: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
cherishmichael:
See it's everywhere, i schooled at bio Madugiri, NAITES water was sold for ₦200 for 25 littes you hardly see water there, this is based on experience soo stop calling only the igbos.

Lies.
There is Tap water everywhere in Maiduguri. Their Governors are not like that of the East. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by ObianujuAku1(f): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
OneCorner:

Drilling borehole won’t be easy for billionaires
it's not matter of money but availability.

take a look at the houses in the pictures and tell me if someone that can build a house like that can't afford to drill a borehole.
you hardly get water in the ground in Enugu.
it's a rocky area.
there are bound to be scarcity especially during dry seasons

2 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Amudeneogu: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
In the adminstration of mr. Sulivan chime, he revamped all te iva-vally water reservoer constructed in 1924, as well oj rever and 9th mile boleholes and channeled all tn Enugu but after the administratio, no water again in Enugu why?

4 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by SLOVFO(m): 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
vole:
But wait ooo. Is it Buhari's responsibility to provide you water. I know some yeasterners will call out Buhari now instead of their flat headed red capped leaders. grin
Stop been mischievous my friend. Did you hear them blame Buhari anyway in the report? Africans and tribalism. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Lavisha(f): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
So, they have millions to build prototype buildings but don't have 200k to drill borehole?!

smh
Re: Again, Water Scarcity Hits Enugu State (PICTURES) by Ivory6(f): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
[/color][quote author=goodheart01 post=109361567]

U have never seen people queue up for water in the South?? Wow... I see. I guess your region also has steady power supply, fuel price is low, adequate security, and oh yes, jobs are readily available for u all.
.. Nigerians and stupidity... Everything about u guys is region and triblaism. And that's why most of u aren't noticing the rape on our survival by our wicked leaders.[color=#990000]

They don't need power to get water in the south,
Water is everywhere, we have Wells in the south,if you need water,all you have to do is dig up the earth and you will get water,and rainy season has started like this in warri,only this January, we've had up to 7rain fall if am not mistaken, so tell me,how can there be water scarcity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Police Chiefs Aided My Escape - Kabiru Sokoto / Dino Melaye Plagiarized Richard Buckminster Without Credit / 'Document Linking Pantami To Yakowa Assassination Is Fake' - Kaduna CAN, NSCIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.