Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,050 members, 7,866,960 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

Who Is More Likely To Make Hell? A Rich Man Or Poor Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is More Likely To Make Hell? A Rich Man Or Poor Man (198 Views)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? / How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Likely To Make Hell? A Rich Man Or Poor Man by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
So there is this story in the Bible about the rich man and Lazarus. I'm sure we all know the story of how Lazarus was at the man's gate with sore that dogs were licking and how the rich man ignored him everyday. And when Lazarus died he went to heaven and rich went to hell and was begging for a drop of water.

Infact most people are of the notion that rich people are evil, wicked, selfish and hellbound. They believe the more poorer you are the more humble and pious you'll be which will make heaven sure for you since they didn't enjoy earth's luxury then The Almighty should at least compensate them with enjoyment in heaven. Below are reasons why I think a poor man has a greater chance of going to hell than a rich man

1. They are lazy: not all but most poor people are lazy to work physically and lazy to use their God given intellect to create wealth. And even when someone thinks for them they start seeing all reasons why such idea won't be a success I.e their pessimism is out of this world.
The Bible frowns at laziness so many times in the Bible.

2. They are selfish: they claim rich people are selfish afterall they see they are suffering so why that "obi cubana" go to buy a Lamborghini of N250 million naira when he can see that my 12 children (they can give birth to so many children they are not capable of catering for) are out of school. How dare he? When Bible said "A man that can not take care of his household is worse than an infidel" to in hell their fire will be hotter than an unbeliever's own. All they know is collect, collect. "Why you no give me?"

3.They are bitter: They are bitter about their wives, children. Bitter about their rich brother or friend that is rich and didn't give them money. They are bitter about the government. They can keep malice and grudge in their heart for long if you did not give them money. They can be very entitled to people's wealth.

4. They have the capacity to commit sin more: A poor man may seem humble and pious on the outside but the reason is because money has not gotten into his hand to perpetrate all the evil fantasies he has imagined in his heart. Whereas we know rich men that are disciplined when it comes to women, food, alcohol and other vices. Do a statistic you'll find out poor men gamble more because they don't understand how money works they just want to get rich quick and spend on their evil desires.

5.They are never happy with others success: It is in a poor man's house I have seen where the son happily told his family members he had gotten admission excitedly and the mother replied harshly "hope you have money to pay your school fees" , The father was just there looking like a zombie that heard nothing. And could not a simple "congratulations my son". It was his uncle that is always calling to find out about his progress and told him congratulations.

6. Love is absent in the family: Where there is no love God can never be there. Siblings rivalry, mother causing discord amongst children, father neglecting and not providing children, hate, household wickedness. All these are common in a poor family.

Therefore I put it to you that a poor man is more liable to make Hell than a rich man.

Share your thoughts
Re: Who Is More Likely To Make Hell? A Rich Man Or Poor Man by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
a man's wealth is irrelevant to the life he is living and/or who he is as a human being... therefore, so long as a man lives a RIGHTEOUS life, there is no reason for him to go to hell (if there was such a place, to begin with)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christians, Send Your Pastor This Gentle Reminder / The Spirituality Of Money By Apostle Azemobor Gregory / Reflection 23: When God Seems Silent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.