Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Opinion About Marriage Or No Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion About Marriage Or No Marriage (154 Views)

What The Bible Says About Marriage / `no Marriage In Heaven’; RCCG Parish Opens Online Dating Site. / What Islam Says About Marriage During Ramadan Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion About Marriage Or No Marriage by anu3: 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
Well, it's not enough for me to decide based on much Opinions from people. So, to be on the safer side, I'd like to just stick to God's word and guidance.

Jesus and Paul, a great apostles of his, made it quite clear that it's better to stay single especially for the sake of God's kingdom (see 19:9-12 and 1 Cor. 7 whole chapter); yet if a person marries is not a Sin. Hence, for true believers, it's not very difficult to understand.

For me, it's about godliness. I'm seeking to work on myself to be the Kind of man I should be, so as to be worthy of the kind of the woman that's right.

I don't mean one should be necessarily hunting for virgins, but a CHRISTLIKE woman (not perfect, but Christlike). Not all virgins are christlike. A woman may not be a virgin but changed at heart which is terribly more important. What's the use of being a virgin but miserable or demonic in heart.

I say this because one should be changed too by grace. If that won't work out, then one might as well consider forgetting marriage too. Because anything apart from that will be a proper disaster for me.

The kinds of unions that I find rather Interesting now are like that of Abraham and Sarah, or Joseph and Mary; not the contemporary, Nollywood-themed type as I would imagine before.

1Cor.7.38 - So the person who marries does well, and the person who doesn't marry does even better.

God bless...
Re: Opinion About Marriage Or No Marriage by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
anu3:
1. For me, it's about godliness. I'm seeking to work on myself to be the Kind of man I should be, so as to be worthy of the kind of the woman that's right.

2. I don't mean one should be necessarily hunting for virgins, but a CHRISTLIKE woman (not perfect, but Christlike). Not all virgins are christlike. A woman may not be a virgin but changed at heart which is terribly more important. What's the use of being a virgin but miserable or demonic in heart.

3. I say this because one should be changed too by grace. If that won't work out, then one might as well consider forgetting marriage too. Because anything apart from that will be a proper disaster for me.

The kinds of unions that I find rather Interesting now are like that of Abraham and Sarah, or Joseph and Mary; not the contemporary, Nollywood-themed type as I would imagine before.
1. There is no right or wrong woman. There is just the woman you agree to be married to. undecided

2. It doesn't matter who you are married to after all marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Hosea was married to a woman that pretty much lived for a time like a prostitute, but that didn't stop God from using him. undecided

Basically, you marry does not impact who you are in God's Kingdom. What matters is whether or not you live your very own individual life in submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God, or not. undecided

3. Jesus Christ said where you heart is is where your treasure lies. If you make marriage , and all the other things of this world a treasure of sorts, then you will be easily destroyed by them when they eventually decay. Those who have their treasure in Heaven instead are not easily destroyed when the storms of this world come at them. undecided

As God made it quite clear, it is perfectly alright to avoid marriage since God Himself created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life and allowed others become Eunuchs for His sake - Matthew 19 vs 8 - 12. It is up to individuals to know themselves and chose that which will work best rather than carry unnecessary burdens for the sake of.... carrying it. undecided
Re: Opinion About Marriage Or No Marriage by anu3: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There is no right or wrong woman. There is just the woman you agree to be married to. undecided

2. It doesn't matter who you are married to after all marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Hosea was married to a woman that pretty much lived for a time like a prostitute, but that didn't stop God from using him. undecided

Basically, you marry does not impact who you are in God's Kingdom. What matters is whether or not you live your very own individual life in submission to and obedience to the teachings and commandments of God, or not. undecided

3. Jesus Christ said where you heart is is where your treasure lies. If you make marriage , and all the other things of this world a treasure of sorts, then you will be easily destroyed by them when they eventually decay. Those who have their treasure in Heaven instead are not easily destroyed when the storms of this world come at them. undecided

As God made it quite clear, it is perfectly alright to avoid marriage since God Himself created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life and allowed others become Eunuchs for His sake - Matthew 19 vs 8 - 12. It is up to individuals to know themselves and chose that which will work best rather than carry unnecessary burdens for the sake of.... carrying it. undecided

I see... We surely don't see things alike. No Problem.

All right...

Goodbye.

(1) (Reply)

Fasting And Praying / Let There Be Light V / Stop Talking Like Jesus Is Dead , He's Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.