Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? (1460 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by donogaga(m): 12:17am On Jan 15, 2022
If you marry the right partner, life after marriage is very satisfying.

This is my personal opinion.

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 12:32am On Jan 15, 2022
But why do you ask a question that is likely to give you negative answers?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by neonly: 12:38am On Jan 15, 2022
A life of slavery start honestly dat d bitter truth
Remember when I was a bachelor life was sweet interesting and fun
But now it just abt supplying need to some folks dat don't know how u hustle when u were small they just want to cash out (except our children)

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Amotolongbo(f): 1:17am On Jan 15, 2022
The bitter truth is that no marriage is perfect.
One has to tolerate one’s partner’s weakness if you really wanna enjoy the home.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by wizdomnzube(m): 1:29am On Jan 15, 2022
The bitter truth be say.... na bondage you dey so, nothing so, na slave you don turn to all in the name of marriage, na steady manipulation from your wife u dey like dis....

Your family fit become ur enemy the moment your wife sense say u dey very close to them. So my brothers, make una run from marriage oh.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2022
donogaga:

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by ogawisdom(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
U become a provider till u die grin grin

Billing till u die angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
SUFFERING AND SMILING
not every married individual is really happy or fufilled in their marriage. Most are masking a huge pain with fake smiles but deep down, they're are sad.

YOU'RE STUCK!
Even when you're tired and want out, you can't for fear of what people would say or how society will view you. So, you're stuck to same thing person for life.

NO FREEDOM
Your steps are calculated.

Your moves are watched.

Your movement is restricted. You can't visit friends anyhow and stay as long as you wish or even sleep over at friends'.> Problem.

Your time is shared/sacrificed for others by compulsion most times., you don't get to have enough for yourself.

FINALLY, YOU LOSE YOURSELF!
You live for your family and spouse. YOU, now seldom come first and slowly you forget you exist....

I'm not married but I'm sorrounded by married folks and I see what has become of their life's. Sometimes, I try to remind them that they still exist in this marriage hence the need to wake up and take care of themselves.

Phew!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by TypicallyBrunt(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
The reality is that a successful marriage is dependent on pre marriage preparation and choices and post marriage choices and actions.
If you get both right & chose a fitting partner then marriage can be blissful. If not, then what you get you take.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by janvier27(m): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
Adversity brings out the real you
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by olabrinks(f): 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mercychen:
SUFFERING AND SMILING
not every married individual is really happy or fufilled in their marriage. Most are masking a huge pain with fake smiles but deep down, they're are sad.

YOU'RE STUCK!
Even when you're tired and want out, you can't for fear of what people would say or how society will view you. So, you're stuck to same thing person for life.

NO FREEDOM

Your moves are watched.

Your movement is restricted. You can't visit friends anyhow and stay as long as you wish or even sleep over at friends'.> Problem.

Your time is shared/sacrificed for others by compulsion most times., you don't get to have enough for yourself.

You live for your family and spouse. YOU, now seldom come first and slowly you forget you exist....

I'm not married but I'm sorrounded by married folks and I see what has become of their life's. Sometimes, I try to remind them that they still exist in this marriage hence the need to wake up and take care of themselves.

Phew!
this is such a lie babe. Your negativity is depressing and far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Marriage follows the saying "proper preparation prevents poor performance". Defining what both partners want during the relationship, setting expectations and been truthful about one's weaknesses and strength, real talk on finance, family, friends, career, children etc are very important.

In my case, the only bitter experience I had was my wife's parents interference. They care too much about their children and were the type that wants to be sure you are doing good. They would call everyday and ask personal questions which I found disrespectful. This I had issues with while dating and she told me it will stop once she's married. By the second month, it was the only issue we had in our appraisal. She had to tell them I wasn't confidante with it and they have adjusted to a large extent.

She was able to tell them because we had discussed that extensively before marriage which she felt would stop but it wasn't seeming it would.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
olabrinks:
this is such a lie babe. Your negativity is depressing and far from the truth.

What's negative about this? It's you who has and viewed this with a dark mind. These are nothing but the truth about the everyday life of 80% of married people except those who chose to be in an open marriage.

Your attempt to deny or disagree this just further reaffirms my number one point. Suffering in silence but never admitting it in the open. So, I understand.

Gaskiya.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Rubbiish(m): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mercychen:

Phew!
sad
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Lovebliss2(f): 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
No marriage is perfect!
But I am going to enjoy mine to the fullest! grin
I want to be a blessing to my husband and children.
God help me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 5:23am On Jan 16, 2022
Hathor5:
But why do you ask a question that is likely to give you negative answers?

Let him run away fro his shadow nah, in the evening everyone will understand how far, the number 1 reason for marriage is companionship when they get to 65 and above, wen it's difficult to marry and extreme difficult to start friendship with new friend, they will know advantages of marriage at all cost, no maid, friend or money can effectively replace wife in the life of a man.

,,............so many good ladies are outside there, they would leave them but running after curves at the end, they blame marriage institution, many guys married and treat wife like slave and expected to be treated like king.

Wen both parties learn how to reach compromise, marriages would start last longer than expected.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 5:34am On Jan 16, 2022
GboyegaD:
Marriage follows the saying "proper preparation prevents poor performance". Defining what both partners want during the relationship, setting expectations and been truthful about one's weaknesses and strength, real talk on finance, family, friends, career, children etc are very important.

In my case, the only bitter experience I had was my wife's parents interference. They care too much about their children and were the type that wants to be sure you are doing good. They would call everyday and ask personal questions which I found disrespectful. This I had issues with while dating and she told me it will stop once she's married. By the second month, it was the only issue we had in our appraisal. She had to tell them I wasn't confidante with it and they have adjusted to a large extent.

She was able to tell them because we had discussed that extensively before marriage which she felt would stop but it wasn't seeming it would.

I would have asked you to be scheming ur wife out of plans wen doing thing in the family (eg
buying car, land, go for more study, planing to go abroad etc) )and whenever she asks you, you would tell her cos u don't want ur plan to get to his people before execution, so that it would not be able to reality and fulfillment, that would have pained her and forced her to readjust by force.

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Rubbiish(m): 5:51am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

Let him run away fro his shadow nah, in the evening everyone will understand how far, the number 1 reason for marriage is companionship when they get to 65 and above, wen it's difficult to marry and extreme difficult to start friendship with new friend, they will know advantages of marriage at all cost, no maid, friend or money can effectively replace wife in the life of a man.

,,............so many good ladies are outside there, they would leave them but running after curves at the end, they blame marriage institution, many guys married and treat wife like slave and expected to be treated like king.

Wen both parties learn how to reach compromise, marriages would start last longer than expected.
See the way u paint life lol
As if every husband & wife will live to see 65
How many elderly are being taken care of by their spouse? There are likely chances at the age of 65, one of the spouse is likely to be gone. Even those aged men & women living with a partner got remarried at older age after losing their first partner! Most elderly in Nigeria are being taken care of by a maid hired by their children, or the child of a younger relative, not this thing u wrote up there. Reality is different bro!
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 5:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Mercychen:
SUFFERING AND SMILING

YOU'RE STUCK!

NO FREEDOM

Your moves are watched.

Phew!

Is every single person that are happy? You as a case study! Are you happy with urself with situation you find urself at present? U answer within urself and ur conscience is there to tell you if u lie.

You as a single, did u get enough for urself now? Everything you desire to have, did u have it at present?

Because you are a single, you are now a vagabond abi, where u reach when nite fall you sleep abi? What a useless life!

Finally, the money married men or women are bringing to share for the family, are they not part of it? Is the nuclear family not his/her?

Even as single, is it normal not to share ur money to assist ur mum, dad, brother and sisters, even friend and needy?

My brother/sister, with ur write up, it shows how myopic are you , you are also embittered with situation of life, also frustrated and most frightening thing about you is that you are running away from ur shadow.
What you will do today, if you leave it for10 years, you will still do it unless you want to be like stagnant water.

........you are free to twist my comment o, or even bash but a word is enough for a wise......

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 5:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Rubbiish:

See the way u paint life lol
As if every husband & wife will live to see 65
How many elderly are being taken care of by their spouse? There are likely chances at the age of 65, one of the spouse is likely to be gone. Even those aged men & women living with a partner got remarried at older age after losing their first partner! Most elderly in Nigeria are being taken care of by a maid hired by their children, or the child of a younger relative, not this thing u wrote up there. Reality is different bro!

Since its ur destiny not to see 65, I think the message is for those who will see beyond 65

.......thou by ur moniker, its waste of time comment on ur rubbish
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Lovebliss2(f): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2022
.................so many good ladies are outside there, they would leave them but running after curves at the end, they blame marriage institution, many guys married and treat wife like slave and expected to be treated like king.

You got this right, Bro!
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 6:41am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

I would have asked you to be scheming ur wife out of plans wen doing thing in the family (eg
buying car, land, go for more study, planing to go abroad etc) )and whenever she asks you, you would tell her cos u don't want ur plan to get to his people before execution, so that it would not be able to reality and fulfillment, that would have pained her and forced her to readjust by force.

This had really improved and now when we discussed we all when we want to share it. I think it was just her upbringing which I understand and sincerely, the parents have been very reasonable as well.
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Rubbiish(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

Since its ur destiny not to see 65, I think the message is for those who will see beyond 65

.......thou by ur moniker, its waste of time comment on ur rubbish
Hahahaha how old are?
U are already getting emotional lol
Your view about life is myopic, learn to always view life from two sides. I countered your post with facts & not insult, do same to mine. If life was that easy & predictable as painted in your post, we wouldn't have widows & widowers in our society. Look around u & face reality bro
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:04am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

To each their own. I'm not a fan of pushing people into anything with fear. Marriage can go terribly wrong too. It's not for everyone. BUT I was wondering why someone would ask a question to illicit negativity.

bold

100 000 likes!
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

Is every single person that are happy? You as a case study! Are you happy with urself with situation you find urself at present? U answer within urself and ur conscience is there to tell you if u lie.

You as a single, did u get enough for urself now? Everything you desire to have, did u have it at present?

Because you are a single, you are now a vagabond abi, where u reach when nite fall you sleep abi? What a useless life!

Finally, the money married men or women are bringing to share for the family, are they not part of it? Is the nuclear family not his/her?

Even as single, is it normal not to share ur money to assist ur mum, dad, brother and sisters, even friend and needy?

My brother/sister, with ur write up, it shows how myopic are you , you are also embittered with situation of life, also frustrated and most frightening thing about you is that you are running away from ur shadow.
What you will do today, if you leave it for10 years, you will still do it unless you want to be like stagnant water.

........you are free to twist my comment o, or even bash but a word is enough for a wise......

I don't argue senselessly.
Read the title of the post again and tell me what aspect of marriage I was supposed to talk about. Since you're so dumb not understand, let me explain it to you. It says to talk about the "BITTER TRUTH" of after marriage and that I did straight up!

That is how you people fail in essay. They say talk about something, you come here sounding all emotional. I wonder how this one passed waec.

For your info, I'm not uncultured like you as regards the bolded.
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2022
donogaga:

That is when you would see that the 2 of you are both children of Satan.
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:14am On Jan 16, 2022
ogawisdom:
U become a provider till u die grin grin

Billing till u die angry angry angry

Were you not already a provider to yourself before marriage?

Na wa, what a generation!
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 8:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Rubbiish:

Hahahaha how old are?
U are already getting emotional lol
Your view about life is myopic, learn to always view life from two sides. I countered your post with facts & not insult, do same to mine. If life was that easy & predictable as painted in your post, we wouldn't have widows & widowers in our society. Look around u & face reality bro

Counter? If you say so, I repeat again , since you hope not to leave above 65 ,that is why you are not thinking of vacuum of wife at that critical time of period in life of a man, so let those who wish to leave long comment , everyone knows that no job in Nigeria today, doest that stop them not go schools? Its foolish like you that will abandon it just cos no job, going by ur analysis o, only a foolish will think he will die young and cos of that no need of married.

U talked about widow and widowers, the last time I checked, the children of widowers are finding every means to get wives for their aged dad, if you are not myopic, you will think in that direction that, why doing that even when they know dad doesn't need child again?

And for the maid, the vacuum of wife fill no maid in the universe than can effectively occupied it, you can confirm it by going to elders around u and not myopic reasoning from frustrated young adult.

Date a loving and culture lady you say no, when they frustrated you because of worldly physical structure you lure towards, you start blaming marriage for ur deliberate failure.

Byeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Rubbiish(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2022
Fiscus105:

Counter? If you say so, I repeat again , since you hope not to leave above 65 ,that is why you are not thinking of vacuum of wife at that critical time of period in life of a man, so let those who wish to leave long comment , everyone knows that no job in Nigeria today, doest that stop them not go schools? Its foolish like you that will abandon it just cos no job, going by ur analysis o, only a foolish will think he will die young and cos of that no need of married.

U talked about widow and widowers, the last time I checked, the children of widowers are finding every means to get wives for their aged dad, if you are not myopic, you will think in that direction that, why doing that even when they know dad doesn't need child again?

And for the maid, the vacuum of wife fill no maid in the universe than can effectively occupied it, you can confirm it by going to elders around u and not myopic reasoning from frustrated young adult.

Date a loving and culture lady you say no, when they frustrated you because of worldly physical structure you lure towards, you start blaming marriage for ur deliberate failure.

Byeeeeeeeeeee.
You are just talking like child!!!
How old are u?
@ first paragraph
Lack of jobs in Nigeria is not stopping people from going to school, but student are also advised to start learning skills right from the same school, reason entrepreneurial studies was introduced to all department in our universities just like GST! As you are planning to enjoy your spouse at 65, I also brought up the perspective that the opposite could happen & u got emotional!

@ second paragraph
The way u generalize bespeaks how senseless u are! So every widow & widower in your neighborhood remarried at old age?? You obviously still have a lot to learn about life. I told u to look around your neighborhood & face reality!

In life, as u are planning for the best & also plan for the worst! Life is not way one...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by ogawisdom(m): 10:03am On Jan 16, 2022
author=Dtruthspeaker post=109411068]

Were you not already a provider to yourself before marriage?

Na wa, what a generation![/quote]

Providing for ur self is different from providing for 5 or 6 ppl even an idi.ot kws dt
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2022
ogawisdom:

Providing for ur self is different from providing for 5 or 6 ppl even an idi.ot kws dt

After providing for yourself, where you not the one who used your own hand to add one person then you used your penis and sperm to add the other 3 or 4 persons as extra?

When you put your hand in fire, you must want a burning and the pain thereof!
Re: What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage? by bigjackass: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
Your body will calm down and you will realize that love is not enough reason to get married

(1) (Reply)

So I Got Back From A Date And This Discussion Ensued Btw me & My Sister. / Finally This Is How Our Wife Wanted You To Be / Child Rape In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.