Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? (2141 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / If APC And GMB Don't Have The Integrity To Honor Their Word Now... ?? / PDP Lacks Integrity To Query Buhari’s Certificate, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by KFAD(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2005
Christian Leaders

With the systematic pludering of Nigeria by past leaders, leaders with integrity seem almost impossible to get. Will Christian leaders put an end to this?
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by kazey(m): 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2005
why christian leaders? Why not you and I. Curious?
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by buddy(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2005
We need people of integrety to lead our country, people that will have a concience and wont sell the future of the generations to come.
when you and i get the chance lets do what is needful, we really need help in our country o!
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Greatpeter(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2005
We should know those Xtian leaders who want to rule us before I can make assertion.
I say this because some are good and the rest just make the number.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2005
Is President Obasanjo not a Christian leader? Isn't he the one that summoned Benny Hinn to Nigeria the other time, and didn't he call Pastor E.A. Adeboye to pray for him another time?
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by obong(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2005
christians, or any religious leader, woild be worse
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by kemmy(f): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2005
Coincidentally I just got back from class and the topic was on Leadership.

Leadership is about influencing people for a particular course and if you notice,there's always a "PURPOSE" when you think of any known leader....Mandela,Bill Clinton(Politics),Adolf Hitler,Winston Churchill(War),Nnamdi Azikwe,Awolowo,Tafawa Balewa(Independence),Bill Gates,Emegwali(I.T), and so on.When you start to dilute that PURPOSE, people get confused and with time you lose followership.

I believe if you are a church leader or any religious leader for that matter,stick to that purpose,build people of high integrity and trust that they will become great people in any field they find themselves......politics inclusive.
I don't believe that any church leader can directly, by being the President of Nigeria,take us to the promise land,will they put only pepole only they know in offices?. It's just me saying my own sha!
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by sage(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2005
y not muslim leaders too grin grin
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by DEKING3(m): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2005
If you plunge into something not knowing the real reason why you're going into it, you'll fall out very badly. What I'm saying in essence is that if God didn't tell that person to go and he goes, he might have himself to blame.

If we have xtian leaders with intergrity, let him start from his own local church coz, charity begins at home, then from there to his town you know and so......on

God help us.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by mekoyo(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2007
The solution to Nigeria's problem is I and you. We can make it happen if we walk together, If we believe in ourselves. If we trust eachother, If we are honest to eachother, If we live in unity, If we behave like one, If we stand for the truth.

We can make it happen
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by McKren(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2007
This talk of Religion and God in all that we do is sign of lack of ideas.

People will come out to campaign instead of telling Nigerians their plans they tell you "Only God can stop them", "by the Grace of God they will win" and all that trash. I personally get weary of Nigerian politicians as soon as they start calling God.

Talking about Religous leaders (christain & muslim leaders) they are not to be trusted. Most of them are living in affluence, good house, three cars, kids getting education abroad while the congregation are living in abject poverty.
They keep on preaching dooms day and how the present life is worthless and what people should crave for is life after death. Meanwhile they are enjoying all there is to enjoy in the present life.

Dont get me wrong I do believe in God but religous leaders should be responsible to the congregation both spiritually and economically.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Ejarune(m): 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2007
It is good to be a Christian i mean a real Christian because it would help to order your actions to bring fair play, justice and the rule of law. but apart from that we need a leader that is creative and has a vision. if you have a leader that is not creative with a good understanding of the nation and it's people then you would get  a worse government than what we have now.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by donnymikky(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2007
With the systematic pludering of Nigeria by past leaders, leaders with integrity seem almost impossible to get. Will Christian leaders put an end to this?

Yes we need christian leaders like REV KING who mollested his church members at will and set them ablaze for sinning against him. I forgot, he even killed that poor girl all in the name of religion. Any Pastor in the race to the presidency is nothing but an epitom of FAILURE.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by seyenko(m): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2009
What Christian leaders ! where are they? i haven't seen any Christian leader in Nigeria worthy of emulation.
They are either selling your taxes - Joshua Dariye, Alamasegha, James Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion, Jolly Nyame.

Stealing your tithes - to fund private jets their congregation don't need , build schools too expensive for congregation to afford, convert factories to churches then pray for jobs, convert farm land to massive out of state churches then pray for food, turning churches to agrarian institution by collect controversial seed offering which offer no harvest, no sense of social responsibility etc.

Convert your monies in their family controlled banks to fund their life style - Cecilia Ibru, Erastus Akingbola, Atuche, Adigwe, Adenuga etc are all Christians.

Dont get me wrong i am a Christian so i am not condemning the church but the Church is now too worldly to make any impact.

Let's take statistics of recent leaders worthy of emulation - Gani Fawehinmi, El rufai, Nuhu Ribadu and Lamido Sanusi. What religion do they practice? Please let us the sincere, there are no Christian leaders any more they are all too greedy to care that is why with all the churches in Nigeria (5/ Street) - darkness is overcoming our light because there was no light initially in the church but darkness.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by timfalomo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2010
I have observed that many christians do more of believing and talking than acting. This is quite unfortunate anyway. Whereas, the much required change in Nigeria will involve you and I. We are all leaders and we are all stakeholders in this entity called Nigeria. It is not just a responsibility for the christian leaders. I was discussing with an elderly person few days ago and he told me he was no longer interested in voting in this country. I tried to make him realize that staying away from registering and voting will only make it easier for those politicians to rig during elections. This is because they will utilize the slots of the electorates who refuse to come out and vote.

We need a lot of reorientation about politics at this point in time. The Bible refers to us as kings and priests. then why are we shying away from our kingship roles and only concentrating on the priesthood aspect. This is what Christian Political Forum-Nigeria (CPFN) is propagating now. You can log on to their site anyway. It is http://www.nigeriachristianpoliticalforum.com/

Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2010
kazey:

why christian leaders? Why not you and I. Curious?
nice one
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by udezue(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
Leave religion out of Nigerian politics and we'll be good. Naija ppl can be so gullible.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by seanet02: 9:40am On Jul 04, 2010
The most useless and senseless president is obj who is a christian, while the most corrupt and cruel president is ibb who is a muslim, so who do we trust between a muslim and christian president. Lol as there is none.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Katsumoto: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2010
Please leave religion out of politics. Christian leaders are good for fund raising while it appears that Northern muslim leaders encourage their followers to riot. Was OBJ not hob-nobbing with Adeboye while in power? Please leave religion out of politics
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by darqly(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2010
I reckon we don't need christian or muslim leaders so much as we need Men who fear God. Even if it's an animist leader that holds some sort of reverence for his deity,i'm sure he'd do some good. Yes we're a holier than thou society, but most of it stems from pent up frustration due to failed promises of poor leaders.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by Gadols(f): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2010
emphatic YESSSSSSS
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by jamace(m): 5:34am On Jul 05, 2010
emphatic YESSSSSSS

Ol boy, are you a visitor to Naija?
This your response is giving me goose-pimples.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by vedaxcool(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2010
Na wa o is this how some People are daft in this country? So xtians have never ruled this country they are not in the civil servic, universitie,army, National assembly etc please Use you common sense when writting and not underneath your feet.
Re: Will Christian Leaders bring Integrity to Nigerian Politics? by timfalomo(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2010
The fact that someone goes to church does not make him/her a christian really. The fact that some self professed Christians have disappointed us does not also invalidate the word of God which declares that we are kings and priests, and we shall reign on this earth (Ref Rev 5:10). What is required of us in this country is for everyone to come together, putting aside everything that divides us and see to the well-being of this nation. Nigeria belongs to everyone of us whether we like it or not.  This is an open invitation by CPFN to the rebuilding of this nation called Nigeria. http://www.nigeriachristianpoliticalforum.com

(1) (Reply)

Rudolf Okonkwo Apologizes To Dora Akunyili, Says He Is An Idiot. / Breaking News!!Bakassi Prepares For War As It Declares Independence / Has Lagos State Declared June 12 As Public Holiday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.