Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) (3408 Views)

UNIBEN Student's Avatar Costume Goes Viral (pics) / Students Of FGC, Warri Blast Their School For Making Them Clear A Dunghill / PHOTO: Young Girl Rejected By Catholic School For Refusing To Shave Her Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by g7conet: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
Joshua Martinangeli, 7, is too ill to go to school. But the German student can still interact with his teacher and classmates through an avatar robot that sits in class in his place and sends a blinking signal when he has something to say.

"The children talk to him, laugh with him and sometimes even chitchat with him during the lesson. Joshi can do that quite well, too," Ute Winterberg, headmistress at the Pusteblume-Grundschule in Berlin, told Reuters in an interview.

Joshua cannot attend classes because he wears a tube in his neck due to severe lung disease, said his mother, Simone Martinangeli.

The project is a private initiative paid for by the local council in the Berlin district Marzahn-Hellersdorf.

"We are the only district in Berlin that has bought four avatars for its schools. The impetus was COVID-19, but I think this will be the future well beyond the pandemic," said district education councilor Torsten Kuehne.

"It does happen from time to time, for various reasons, that a child cannot go to class in person. Then, the avatar can give that child a chance to remain part of the school community," Kuehne said.

He added that he had already brought up the project in political discussions at a state level.

"I like it either way because I like the avatar," said student Noah Kuessner when asked if he is looking forward to seeing Joshua again.

"And I would like it better if Joshi could really come to school," said another classmate, Beritan Aslanglu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefxl3CmKeU

Source

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Aidejay(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
when some people are 1 billion years ahead of you.
I don't think naija educational system has experienced any technologically based advancement in the past 10 years. if no be projectors and online payment of fees what else?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by MufasaLion: 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
Why was I born in Africa?

angry

4 Likes

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Snitch24(m): 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
Why was I born in Africa?

angry
To make a big difference
Make use of your brain

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by MufasaLion: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2022
Snitch24:

To make a big difference
Make use of your brain

Man, I'm using it.

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Snitch24(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
MufasaLion:

Man, I'm using it.
What do you do to earn a living

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by MufasaLion: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Snitch24:

What do you do to earn a living

Sorry, that's none of your business.

6 Likes

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Snitch24(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
MufasaLion:

Sorry, that's none of your business.

Ooh I'm so sorry boss

3 Likes

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Christinaog(f): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
Snitch24:

Ooh I'm so sorry boss

Them don humble this one grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Kiddogarcia(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2022
Vawulence on this thread,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by robinso01(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nigeria left the group chat. In Nigeria, we're still dealing with one sick 70 old man contesting for Nigeria president come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by seanwilliam(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Innovative .. Buhari shey you Dey see your life??

Anyway we are your best plug for any types of gift cards , funds and digital assets.
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Snitch24(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Christinaog:

Them don humble this one grin
Lol
I just hate unproductive arguments bro
No Time

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
Follow my signature for $96 airdrop
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Tomilola360: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Aidejay:
I don't think naija educational system has experienced any technologically based advancement in the past 10 years. if no be projectors and online payment of fees what else?

u go still carry the online receipt go bursary cheesy

fukcing crazy

4 Likes

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Cheryph200(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
Interesting
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by stamapro(m): 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Wow, giant stride, if this avatar show for some country, one day, teacher go come class see say e don lose. I love my country
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by freshkpomo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Aidejay:

Yet some empty skull are planning to force another analogue president down our throats because of tribal sentiment.. tribal sentiment that put us in same shit with Buhari and OSIBANJO...

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Aidejay(m): 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
Tomilola360:

u go still carry the online receipt go bursary cheesy
fukcing crazy
Asin!!! nonsense rubbish.
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Osiris12: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
Science is bae

Schooling in Nigeria is not worth the effort
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by LogicBomb8: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
How will our education sector advance? there is a great deal of corruption going on in our universities but no one seem to notice all that matters is stealing when it gets to ur turn
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2022
Over here na to carry religion for head we sabi

1 Like

Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by wiseone28: 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
Aidejay:
It begins with you
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Science...
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by wonlasewonimi: 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
Facebook renamed itself to Meta platforms because of something like this.
They are currently building a metaverse(think universe) where our avatars will do most of our chores.
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by HillaryNelo(m): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2022
D only me and u sabi na to complain
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 16, 2022
Snitch24:

To make a big difference
Make use of your brain

Bro the only thing they sabi for here na to person to low budget math geek and that doesn't pay if you don't get out of the country
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 16, 2022
wiseone28:
It begins with you

And you too sir !!
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 16, 2022
LogicBomb8:
How will our education sector advance? there is a great deal of corruption going on in our universities but no one seem to notice all that matters is stealing when it gets to ur turn

Bro them no even steal again na oppressing students from average families and hyping the yahoos . Guys that didn't attend class at all for my set na first batch them name dey for grad list. Crazy sh!t man
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Snitch24(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2022
mayorkun101:

Bro the only thing they sabi for here na to person to low budget math geek and that doesn't pay if you don't get out of the country

To be realistic it's More better here
If you're determined

For Instance
When last did you pay tax
Re: Avatar Robot Goes To School For Ill German Boy (images) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2022
Snitch24:

Ooh I'm so sorry boss

I love how you handled the situation. Some people don't worth a dime of your time, so no need arguing. Just tell them they are right and argument closes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Teacher Narrated His Experience Teaching In the classroom the UK / I Need A Bsc Biochemistry Project Topic / Study In The UK : Step By Step Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.