Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Widow Narrates How She Was Ejected Out Of Matrimonial Home Without Quit Notice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Widow Narrates How She Was Ejected Out Of Matrimonial Home Without Quit Notice (220 Views)

Landlord, Wife Cut Tenant's Face Over Quit Notice / I Was Raped By Policeman For Not Wearing Face-Mask In Rivers - Widow Narrates / How Police Officer Raped Me Till Dawn For Not Wearing Nose Mask, Widow Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Widow Narrates How She Was Ejected Out Of Matrimonial Home Without Quit Notice by Gemid94(m): 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
Antecedent

Funmilola Ajiyo met her husband, Lawrence Ajiyo in 1999 and they got married in 2006.

She said the deceased, who worked with Total Nigeria Plc, had a fire accident while cooking in his residence in Makurdi, Benue some time in 2011 which later led to his sudden demise.

After the fire disaster, family members who saw her (Mrs. Funmilola) as a threat to the deceased’s properties, hired a lawyer without her prior notice, to help them process the letter of administration.

Mrs. Funmilola had already hired a lawyer for the same purpose. Both parties have been at loggerheads since that time.

Recent development

In the wee hours of Friday, January 14, our reporter received a call from the widow (Mrs. Funmilola) who narrated how some police officers, who were in the company of others who claimed to be court sheriffs from the Lagos High Court, “forcefully” took possession of her matrimonial home without prior quit notice, and threw her belongings out.

“As I speak, they (one Reverend John Otahumele and others) evicted all my tenants (about seven) from their apartments, took over my matrimonial home. I can no longer sleep with my two eyes closed because of the threat to life. I’m calling on all Nigerians to come to my aid. My life is in serious danger. I had to take my only daughter to boarding school just to save her as well from being attacked. All I want right now is justice (cries),” she lamented.

https://thequesttimes.com/i-was-ejected-out-of-my-matrimonial-home-without-quit-notice-widow-cries-out/

Re: Widow Narrates How She Was Ejected Out Of Matrimonial Home Without Quit Notice by doggedfighter(f): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
A widow can't even live in peace the rest of her days in the properties of her late husband all

because of lazy in - laws and relatives who couldn't make money of their own.

Nonsense !

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned As He Objects To Fresh Charges / Hearthless Mother Puts 5-year-old Daughter’s Hands In Hot Water / Mompha Released On Bail After Spending 10 Weeks In EFCC Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.