Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Toyota Camry 012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 012 (1510 Views)

My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears / Update Ontoyota Camry 012 / Between Hyundai Accent 012/013 And Kia Rio 013/014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 012 by thinkinghead: 7:48am On Jan 16, 2022
Hello good people, I hope my message finds you well this year. I got my car this last December, the history is amazing, wonderful milage and all that but I realized there some lights indication to which I need enlightenment. 1. CHECK ENGINE, 2. WHIPPER ( yet is actively working) 3. MAINT REQD. 4 I don't know what this stands for( pls find the picture attached to this message.
I trust that I will get professional instructions that will help me in all of this. Regards

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by homeboy205: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2022
thinkinghead:
Hello good people, I hope my message finds you well this year. I got my car this last December, the history is amazing, wonderful milage and all that but I realized there some lights indication to which I need enlightenment. 1. CHECK ENGINE, 2. WHIPPER ( yet is actively working) 3. MAINT REQD. 4 I don't know what this stands for( pls find the picture attached to this message.
I trust that I will get professional instructions that will help me in all of this. Regards

Congratulations,
Wow 60k mileage, that’s nice.

Check engine: you need a scanning tools to determine what is wrong

Wiper: That is not the wiper itself, that is the windshield fluid. Wiper water in short. You need to locate the reservoir and top it up, the light will go off. ( it is always under the hood by front passenger side )

Maintain required: the car might be due for servicing, or if you have service it already you need to watch videos how to turn off the light.

I will be worried about the check engine light

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by osato45: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2022
Use a scan tool to check pull out error codes, the fourth light from the left is the tire pressure sensor, gauge all tires to the right psi and that light should disappear, if it doesn't then one or two of the sensors may not be detected by the ecu hence you may need to replace and reprogramme with a scan tool
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by osato45: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2022
thinkinghead:
use the appropriate oil types for your engine and transmission servicing, check your car manual for this, very important. Go online and download it, if your car manual isn't in the glove box of the car.
Don't use 20w50 oil weight to service your engine, stick with manufacturers recommendation, you can see the oil weight written on the oil cap when you open the bonnet of your car. No let kazeem(local mechanic) kazeem your car because you lack the requisite information

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by skywalker240(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Congratulations bro

Run a scan on it
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by Echocho: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
Your tyres are not gauge

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by ehmmy11(m): 10:14am On Jan 28, 2022
Am guessing you were sold lies .. 60k miles ? 2012 car ? You don’t sound so knowledgeable about cars

That car would have done at least 180k miles, only way it would be 60k miles is if it’s was involved in a serious crash before being refurbished in Nigeria

Get your car scanned by a pro and do the needful then follow the other advices given especially the engine oil and transmission

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by homeboy205: 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
grin
ehmmy11:
Am guessing you were sold lies .. 60k miles ? 2012 car ? You don’t sound so knowledgeable about cars

That car would have done at least 180k miles, only way it would be 60k miles is if it’s was involved in a serious crash before being refurbished in Nigeria

Get your car scanned by a pro and do the needful then follow the other advices given especially the engine oil and transmission

Lower your voice boss grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by MARKone(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
ehmmy11:

You guys just be assuming nonsense. I got my 07' Camry at 93k miles, actual mileage. So what makes you think that OP's 2012 Camry can't come with 60k miles. Bros such toks vehicles dey, only thing is that they are more expensive, you should know that.
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by tripoli007(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
MARKone:

You guys just be assuming nonsense. I got my 07' Camry at 93k miles, actual mileage. So what makes you think that OP's 2012 Camry can't come with 60k miles. Bros such toks vehicles dey, only thing is that they are more expensive, you should know that.

If you believe that’s the actual mileage of your car then I have a castle in the sky to sell to you , there’s no way a car of over 10yrs , will have 93k miles
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by Kingdemu: 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
MARKone:

Bro you dey do like sey you no know Car Talk? They're looking for an easy prey to pounce and shine on. You will never see them shouting "rolled back Odometer" in places like the thread below where Gazzuzz is currently advertising a 2009 Sienna with 93k cos they know he, his fellow BDCs as well as demeanours will return fire for fire cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/6959941/clean-tokunbo-2009-black-toyota
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by MARKone(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
tripoli007:

If you believe that’s the actual mileage of your car then I have a castle in the sky to sell to you , there’s no way a car of over 10yrs , will have 93k miles

Well..it is, unless they've started lying at vehicle history reports. Anyway, i pre-ordered from the US, car was serviced there, next service tag of 98k miles is still on the windshield. I've had a bad experience one time with one toks I bought here, the mileage was massively rolled back, before I found out, it was late. So this time, I was careful. I was just trying to make a point to the person I quoted, you are not obligated to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by ehmmy11(m): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
MARKone:

You can make your point without the insults ….

You didn’t state the year you got it, besides that’s 7k miles to 100k that was a rare good deal an outlier

Modified: oh I almost forgot odometers are also rolled back abroad just so you know it’s not being shipped from heaven
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by MARKone(m): 6:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
ehmmy11:

You can make your point without the insults ….

You didn’t state the year you got it, besides that’s 7k miles to 100k that was a rare good deal an outlier

Modified: oh I almost forgot odometers are also rolled back abroad just so you know it’s not being shipped from heaven

Ok my brother, no hard feelings.
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by ehmmy11(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
MARKone:

Ok my brother, no hard feelings.

One love

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 012 by buygala(m): 10:20am On Jan 30, 2022
ehmmy11:

It seems your brain has been rolled back to toddler specs . .

Why ignore the issues op is seeking help on and choosing instead to rain or his parade?

Is it your car

Is it your money he used to buy it

Are you the former owner of the car to speak with so much assurance that its odo was rolled back?

There are even 1957 model vehicles with less than 100k miles in existence today...Why then does it seem like sorcery for a 2012 car to have 60k miles? ...abi you think say na everybody dey do uber like you or travel to your village for burial on a weekly basis?

Bros, why must you be so stupid?
Re: Toyota Camry 012 by ehmmy11(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
buygala:

It seems your brain has been rolled back to toddler specs . .

Why ignore the issues op is seeking help on and choosing instead to rain or his parade?

Is it your car

Is it your money he used to buy it

Are you the former owner of the car to speak with so much assurance that its odo was rolled back?

There are even 1957 model vehicles with less than 100k miles in existence today...Why then does it seem like sorcery for a 2012 car to have 60k miles? ...abi you think say na everybody dey do uber like you or travel to your village for burial on a weekly basis?

Bros, why must you be so stupid?

K

(1) (Reply)

Prices Of Car Parts In Nigerian Markets,where And When / Advice On Preference For Honda Accord 2008 Or Toyota Camry 2008 XLE, All V6. / Help My Acura Mdx Drive D Indicator Light Is Blinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.