Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,671 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth (1360 Views)

New Range Rover Evoque Wins Best SUV/Crossover Car Of The Year Award / Photos Of The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee / Watch:Jeep Cherokee's Front Tyre Pops Off And Smashes Into Oncoming Nissan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by Jakumo(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Despite having no intention to buy a vehicle any time soon, I must say that the 2019 and newer Jeep Cherokee is in my view one of the best looking and most offroad capable 4WD vehicles in current production. I fell in love with the aerodynamic yet rugged curves of this vehicle the instant I set eyes on the Trailhawk version online. Amazingly this vehicle's 3.2 liter 6-cylinder engine puts out a whopping 270 Horsepower, which is more than the 265 Hp generated by previous V8 engines in the larger and heavier Jeep Grand Cherokee. Technology is advancing!

Currently selling for close to $40K USD, a purchase of this nature is well beyond the buying power of this Jeep fan, BUT, I recently saw a flood-damaged 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk sell for just over $10K USD, or 5M naira in an online auction. This suggests that over the next few years, this truck will go for as low as $2K or one million naira in a non-running yet easily repairable condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTeIg5zJD7g

Feast your eyes on this beauty and you will agree that from a purely visual perspective this is one stunningly fine set of wheels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by Jakumo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
For anyone wondering if this Jeep is just a pretty face that cannot handle serious offroad driving, check out this video clip in which the various four-wheel-drive settings are examined by a satisfied 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjux3Tw6F90

1 Like

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:47am On Jan 17, 2022
I stubbornly refuse to believe that $40K is not chicken feed for the one and only Jakumo kiss

1 Like

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by Jakumo(m): 3:33am On Jan 17, 2022
GabrielYulaw:
I stubbornly refuse to believe that $40K is not chicken feed for the one and only Jakumo kiss

Oga Gabriel I would need to sell my mother-in-law for scientific experiments in order for this optimistic presumption to become true haha. I've never in my life owned a brand new car. My "newest" automotive purchase is a 13-year old Mercedes CLK550, while the oldest is a 39-year old Mercedes 500 SE.

Not long ago, I had the privilege of driving a brand new car for the first time when I rented a Chevy Camaro for a memorable road trip stateside. Truth be told, I was a bit underwhelmed with that car, as it pulled slightly to the right on the freeway and had a huge blind spot due to the tiny side windows that made lane changes very dicey.

That said, I consider myself an expert defensive driver who is available for chauffeur duties at reasonable rates paid in hard currency. For an affordable surcharge, I can pack heat to address enemies of progress who may be tempted to disturb the peace of my esteemed passengers.

Returning to the subject of this thread, I am confident that I will become the proud owner of a 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with the 3.2-liter V6 engine no later than the good year 2030, PROVIDED THAT a good deal materializes in that modest time frame and that Uncle Vlad Putin has not ignited WW3 by that time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jakumo:

Oga Gabriel I would need to sell my mother-in-law for scientific experiments in order for this optimistic presumption to become true haha. I've never in my life owned a brand new car. My "newest" automotive purchase is a 13-year old Mercedes CLK550, while the oldest is a 39-year old Mercedes 500 SE.

Not long ago, I had the privilege of driving a brand new car for the first time when I rented a Chevy Camaro for a memorable road trip stateside. Truth be told, I was a bit underwhelmed with that car, as it pulled slightly to the right on the freeway and had a huge blind spot due to the tiny side windows that made lane changes very dicey.

That said, I consider myself an expert defensive driver who is available for chauffeur duties at reasonable rates paid in hard currency. For an affordable surcharge, I can pack heat to address enemies of progress who may be tempted to disturb the peace of my esteemed passengers.

Returning to the subject of this thread, I am confident that I will become the proud owner of a 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with the 3.2-liter V6 engine no later than the good year 2030, PROVIDED THAT a good deal materializes in that modest time frame and that Uncle Vlad Putin has not ignited WW3 by that time.

Lol. You have an amazing sense of humor and that is one of the most likeable things about you. And I recently learned that you are one of those Nairaland OGs who have been active here since the early 2000s. I doff my cap for you.

And by the way, since you live in the states, why not get Tesla's new Cybertruck. It has to be better than the Jeep by far and the Jeep brand doesn't have a sterling reliability rating so far as I know. You can even equip the Cybertruck with solar panels for on-the-go recharge, plus rocket launchers to protect your VIP clients wink wink

I don't have a car yet, but I do have my eye on a late model Tundra or 4Runner. Would love a sedan though, but the fact is that Nigerian roads are now so bad that driving on most of them is akin to driving in the Dakar Rally! So, a SUV or truck that's capable of at least limited off road adventure is required.

I still remember your waxing lyrical about the CLK. You even opened a thread for it and that made me take an interest in that car. It sure looks sleek and is a 2-door, which makes it all the more desirable in my eyes. And oh, feel free to sell off your mother-in-law. At least for the first time you can reap some benefit from her existence grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by sultaan(m): 1:50am On Jan 18, 2022
You should have test drive a grand Cherokee limited or summit edition, you would have loved it.

Just call any dealership and schedule a test drive of all those American cars Nigerians say you should never buy the go drive the Japanese brands, you will be surprised the Korean are good too

1 Like

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by Praxtech: 2:50am On Jan 18, 2022
Jakumo:
Despite having no intention to buy a vehicle any time soon, I must say that the 2019 and newer Jeep Cherokee is in my view one of the best looking and most offroad capable 4WD vehicles in current production. I fell in love with the aerodynamic yet rugged curves of this vehicle the instant I set eyes on the Trailhawk version online. Amazingly this vehicle's 3.2 liter 6-cylinder engine puts out a whopping 270 Horsepower, which is more than the 265 Hp generated by previous V8 engines in the larger and heavier Jeep Grand Cherokee. Technology is advancing!

Currently selling for close to $40K USD, a purchase of this nature is well beyond the buying power of this Jeep fan, BUT, I recently saw a flood-damaged 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk sell for just over $10K USD, or 5M naira in an online auction. This suggests that over the next few years, this truck will go for as low as $2K or one million naira in a non-running yet easily repairable condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTeIg5zJD7g

Feast your eyes on this beauty and y.ou will agree that from a purely visual perspective this is one stunningly fine set of wheels.
My first generation w211 pumps 306HP
460 NM torque
Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by rovalin(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hey, thanks for sharing this awesome review of the 2019 Jeep Cherokee! I totally agree, the design is top-notch, and it's impressive how powerful and capable it is off-road. Technology sure is taking vehicles to a whole new level! But I feel you, the price can be a bit steep. That flood-damaged Jeep Cherokee you mentioned sounds like a real bargain, though, and it's incredible how prices can drop over time. On another note, have you ever heard about Jeep Rover? I came across some cool info about it recently. You might find it interesting too!

2 Likes

Re: Jeep Cherokee For 2019 Best SUV Design On Earth by Octopusssy(f): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
Jakumo:

You are quite a character cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How A Car Engine Can Be Knocked / Photos: Things To Check As First Time Car Buyers / PHOTOS: A 21years Old, SS3 Boy Built A Car From Scrap In Kebbi State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.