Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,265 members, 7,957,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family (1284 Views)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Pablo9090: 9:27am On Jan 16, 2022
Good day my fellow Nairalanders!!!, I will be brief and precise to the situation . It all started 19yrs ago, when my father chased my mother away and married another woman , I am the first born and I already have three other siblings , now we are ten , the second wife gave birth to six and she is still pregnant. My dad was financially buoyant to cater for the family because he deals on drugs and due to high demand money flows in but in the last six years things have changed especially when he had problem with Nafdac people , he was banned from selling drugs and he switched to motor parts business which is not as lucrative as drug business. Seeing d situation of things and having known first hand experience of bboth business , I choosed the drug business, since two years now I am doing well but my father usually gives me unnecessary expenses which am not comfortable with , I cater for my younger sisters in school to him it is not enough , he wants me to sponsor my step mum children too citing that am the first born and it is my responsibility , I am really confused , am yet to start my own family and this man is here giving me headache like as if I was the one that brought my step siblings to this world , please if you are in my shoes what will you do ? Please moderators take it to the front page
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Lawlab251: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Damn 10 kids lipsrsealed. Igbos too dey give birth and everyone will be calling northerners. So disgusting.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Tokskob2008: 9:56am On Jan 16, 2022
He divorced your mum and married another wife then asked you to be sponsoring and catering for the other woman's children

Why on earth would you do that

I would have blocked them all off and distance myself from home a long time ago. Your siblings should be ok for you to cater for without adding unnecessary rubbish to it all in the name of extended family.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by greenie77: 9:56am On Jan 16, 2022
In such family setting, your first priority should be your 3 younger sisters (from your mum) , your step mother who is busy having children as if she is in competition with your mother that has already left, should figure out with your father on how to provide for the children they are busy having.

It is not your responsibility, it is theirs and don't allow your father to emotionally blackmail you to take up responsibilities that belongs to him and his wife.

19 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by stacyadams: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Tokskob2008:
He divorced your mum and married another wife then asked you to be sponsoring and catering for the other woman's children

Why on earth would you do that

I would have blocked them all off and distance myself from home a long time ago. Your siblings should be ok for you to cater for without adding unnecessary rubbish to it all in the name of extended family.
...can u imagine that
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by stacyadams: 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
greenie77:
In such family setting, your first priority should be your 3 younger sisters (from your mum) , your step mother who is busy having children as if she is in competition with your mother that has already left, should figure out with your father on how to provide for the children they are busy having.

It is not your responsibility, it is theirs and don't allow your father to emotionally blackmail you to take up responsibilities that belongs to him and his wife.
...here lies the solution..

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pablo9090:
I choosed the drug business, since two years now I am doing well but my father usually gives me unnecessary expenses which am not comfortable with , I cater for my younger sisters in school to him it is not enough , he wants me to sponsor my step mum children too citing that am the first born and it is my responsibility , I am really confused , am yet to start my own family and this man is here giving me headache like as if I was the one that brought my step siblings to this world , please if you are in my shoes what will you do ? Please moderators take it to the front page
They say, "There is no honor amongst thieves". What are the chances that your father will oust your involvement in the drug business should you deny his request to carry the load that is his second wife and their welfare? undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Foodqueen(f): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
Rent aonther apartment and leave him alone with his wife and children.

Take your immediate siblings along, and better their live.

No matter what u do for your step, your father will never say its enough. Cos their mother is there to ginger your papa to demand for more.

She may even make you abandon your siblings to start taking care of hers.

Leave.....

10 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by ImaIma1(f): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please don't bother yourself with catering for his 7 children. If they don't know how to do family planning, that is their problem. You that should be thinking of starting your own family, your father is still breeding kids for you to father.

Don't give in to any emotional blackmail. Let him father his children. You are already helping with your other siblings. If you take care of them, they will keep having more. After all, you are there to cater for them.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Naughtysex: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you believe or think that it's your responsibility to take care or sponsor your step mom's children ,then you are a grown up fóól,

So your father's only responsibility is to just fvck and produce children like Ghana hen?
I'm very sorry to say this, your father's statement is a statement of an irresponsible father

Your life is more paramount, my sister always say this "whatever i do for you is just a privilege not a priority".

Even whatever you do for your siblings (your mom's children) it's a privilege not priority.

Use your brain.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by DenreleDave(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bros..... Ur father sef ehnnnnn no try at all...

But this is my advice, if you know Dt u can help your step siblings, pls help them.. Not for your father sake or their mother sake but for the siblings future...... It doesn't matter how u put it, they are your bloodline.......

If you can't cater for their responsibility, don't even try... But if you can, pls do for the innocent kids..... They didn't bring themselves into the world, they were brought here and met themselves in such situation...

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Saintmary(f): 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
Pablo9090:
Good day my fellow Nairalanders!!!, I will be brief and precise to the situation . It all started 19yrs ago, when my father chased my mother away and married another woman , I am the first born and I already have three other siblings , now we are ten , the second wife gave birth to six and she is still pregnant. My dad was financially buoyant to cater for the family because he deals on drugs and due to high demand money flows in but in the last six years things have changed especially when he had problem with Nafdac people , he was banned from selling drugs and he switched to motor parts business which is not as lucrative as drug business. Seeing d situation of things and having known first hand experience of bboth business , I choosed the drug business, since two years now I am doing well but my father usually gives me unnecessary expenses which am not comfortable with , I cater for my younger sisters in school to him it is not enough , he wants me to sponsor my step mum children too citing that am the first born and it is my responsibility , I am really confused , am yet to start my own family and this man is here giving me headache like as if I was the one that brought my step siblings to this world , please if you are in my shoes what will you do ? Please moderators take it to the front page

So, now that you are getting better financially, what have you done for your mother?

Let's start from there.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by eyinjuege: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
If you're living with him, pack out first.
Afterwards, block him.
If he comes to look for you at work, greet him well and say you will see what you can do.
Have a budget and stick to it. Help the siblings you can help within the budget. Have your savings that you can never touch- Save 30% if possible and unfailingly.
Once your siblings finish school, they should help the younger ones if they can.
You can't cater for 9 children as a young man na. If it was that easy, your dad too should do it na. Or what's his job as their father?
I don't know how parents are able to cater for more than 3 children o, because na to just run away cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by frozen70(f): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
Pablo9090:

This is very simple

Get married as soon as possible and start having your own children, instead is training those that are not your biological

Secondly concentrate on your own siblings and still love your steps

Lastly plan, my brother plan, if you don't plan you may end up training those children he is breeding and that's it

Your dad wants to influence you towards your steps, he will soon get old and thats when you will know how far
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Mariangeles(f): 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Damn 10 kids lipsrsealed. Igbos too dey give birth and everyone will be calling northerners. So disgusting.

Did you specifically read in the op that they were Igbo?
How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mariangeles:

Did you specifically read in the op that they were Igbo?
How did you come to that conclusion?
Drug business and then spare parts business. Easy to tell. Plus giving birth like slowpoke too.
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Drug business and then spare parts business. Easy to tell. Plus giving birth like slowpoke too.

Urgh! angry
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by dominique(f): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
Tell your father it's not the responsibility of the first born to train his younger children. To add insult to injury, kids from a woman that displaced your mother from her marriage? Hell no! Tell your father you can assist with what you can afford, you first borns should stop letting your parents push responsibility that they ought to carry on you. You send them to born battalion?
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by sisisioge: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
Dont be confused....the kids are not your responsibilities, they are your father's. No be you born them....it is that simple. No wonder, he thought someone will clean up his mess hence the reason he kept birthing. They are not your responsibility o! You can only assist as much as you like....if you choose not to assist, no problem. It is a simple something biko.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
Don't be blackmailed, you are not responsible for your siblings and step siblings however, considering our culture, I will say you should do that which you can to support them. Just tell him in plain terms you will do that which you can but you are not accepting their responsibilities. He and their mum should take care of the kids they birthed together.

That said, I have a concern about this drug business for you to say NAFDAC suspended him from the business. Please hope what you sell are genuinely manufactured drugs as these affects human lives.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by eyinjuege: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
sisisioge:
Dont be confused....the kids are not your responsibilities, they are your father's. No be you born them....it is that simple. No wonder, he thought someone will clean up his mess hence the reason he kept birthing. They are not your responsibility o! You can only assist as much as you like....if you choose not to assist, no problem. It is a simple something biko.

It's really surprising that parents actually birth kids for their older children to look after.
Why do they do this? Are the older kids not supposed to have their own children and families ni?
Re: Please Help My Business Is Going Down Because Of My Family by sisisioge: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
eyinjuege:

It's really surprising that parents actually birth kids for their older children to look after.
Why do they do this? Are the older kids not supposed to have their own children and families ni?

No mind them. This particular father is especially irresponsible! 6 extra kids with the 7th on the way!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Heart Warming Photos Of Couples At Old Age / How Do I Break My Addiction To Nairaland? / Holy Moses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.