Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 (20217 Views)

Nigeria Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2023 (1 - 1 ) On 14th January 2024 / AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Sierra Leone (0 - 0) On 11th January 2022 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by rolams(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Pacesetter123:
Ok,but is the decision to do so in conformity with int'l best practices in football?

I don't think it's ok. Again, I think I am seeing it for the first time.
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by raphy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
emmyluizzz:

so all these countries are poor cos the start using the brand

stop disgracing your generation here

Andorra (From 2022)
Armenia (From 2022)
Belarus (From 2022)
Cyprus (From 2022)
Equatorial Guinea (From March 2020)
Faroe Islands (From 2022)
Kuwait (From 2022)
Liechtenstein (From 2022)
Luxembourg (From 2022)
Malta (From 2022)
Rwanda (From 2022)
San Marino (From 2022)
Vatican City (From 2022)

You rush de give me sermon I hear sir respect
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2022
purplekayc:
. They can still qualify for third place if they defeat Ivory coast and the other game ends in a draw
Yeah they can but defeating ivory coast Algeria have failed to score in their past two games and ivory coast have scored three times in d same schedule that's one reason,,, Sierra Leone for me will defeat guinea or at least get a draw then the table will b

ivory coast 4 goal difference 1

Guinea 4 goal difference 0

Sierra Leone 3 goal difference 0

Algeria 1 goal difference -1

as u can see Algeria must beat ivory coast to b able to progress that is my second reason

Thirdly, lacklustre algeria are not so dangerous attacking wise and unfortunately, for them they are facing a team with d likes of Zaha, Pepe, Haller, cornet e.t.c
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by GeneralDae: 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2022
Enoch3721:
Yeah they can but defeating ivory coast Algeria have failed to score in their past two games and ivory coast have scored three times in d same schedule that's one reason,,, Sierra Leone for me will defeat guinea or at least get a draw then the table will b

ivory coast 4 goal difference 1

Guinea 4 goal difference 0

Sierra Leone 3 goal difference 0

Algeria 1 goal difference -1

as u can see Algeria must beat ivory coast to b able to progress that is my second reason

Thirdly, lacklustre algeria are not so dangerous attacking wise and unfortunately, for them they are facing a team with d likes of Zaha, Pepe, Haller, cornet e.t.c
Sierra Leone cannot defeat Equatorial Guinea and if they are to draw, then they would need to be lucky again. I already knew Sierra Leone can never beat Equatorial Guinea after watching the first set of games. Also, Algeria would find it very tough against Ivory Coast with the Ivorian attack line. Algeria may likely be on their way home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by fattprince(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
TheRealOwner:

I understand. It was the outright dismissive tone that was irking. Still, Under 2.5 is the overwhelming majority of results in matches so far 75%.

That guy was talking as if it never happened shocked
True. The first round only Cameron played over 2 goals with their opponent. Don't mind that guy.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
GeneralDae:

Sierra Leone cannot defeat Equatorial Guinea and if they are to draw, then they would need to be lucky again i already knew Sierra Leone can never beat Equatorial Guinea after watching the first set of games
Boss, shey u funny sha remember 4-4(Nigeria) 0-0(Algeria) 2-2 (ivory coast) and u mention luck, but I expect a tough and entertaining game between d two sides and funny enough d Leone stars drew with d team DAT beat guinea( ivory coast were without zaha, pepe in d starting lineup) and d same team Leone stars drew with again lost to guinea so e no balance
GeneralDae:

Also, Algeria would find it very tough against Ivory Coast with the Ivorian attack line. Algeria may likely be on their way home.
yeah bro they've lacklustre looking depleted, and they just came off as winners of Arab cup, reigning caf champions and holding a 34 game unbeaten run only to lose to EQG i think d best tin they will get is a draw and if they win no qualms, no goals in d past two games, to ivory coast three, hmmm, can they handle a front line of Zaha, Pepe, Cornet and Haller with Kessie in d midfield position I don talk sef
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by GeneralDae: 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
Enoch3721:
Boss, shey u funny sha remember 4-4(Nigeria) 0-0(Algeria) 2-2 (ivory coast) and u mention luck, but I expect a tough and entertaining game between d two sides and funny enough d Leone stars drew with d team DAT beat guinea( ivory coast were without zaha, pepe in d starting lineup) and d same team Leone stars drew with again lost to guinea so e no balance
yeah bro they've lacklustre looking depleted, and they just came off as winners of Arab cup, reigning caf champions and holding a 34 game unbeaten run only to lose to EQG i think d best tin they will get is a draw and if they win no qualms, no goals in d past two games, to ivory coast three, hmmm, can they handle a front line of Zaha, Pepe, Cornet and Haller with Kessie in d midfield position I don talk sef
Algeria cannot survive Ivorycoast. As for Sierra Leone and Equatorial Guinea, the Ivory Coast keeper and defender made those silly mistakes and that doesn't happen all the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
GeneralDae:

Algeria cannot survive Ivorycoast. As for Sierra Leone and Equatorial Guinea, the Ivory Coast keeper and defender made those silly mistakes and that doesn't happen all the time.
yeah ivory coast draw was a little but unfortunately but u have to commend them for keeping d them at bay limiting them to just two goals but let's see what happens on d d-day
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by Pacesetter123(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
rolams:

I don't think it's ok. Again, I think I am seeing it for the first time.
Bcoz to me,it still boils down to inferiority complex by we Africans.The believe that we can't do anything successfully on our own without the involvement or supervision of the Whites is what is keeping us perpetually underdeveloped for ages.
I am waiting for a day a referee from CAF will be invited to officiate a match in UEFA or even COMOBOL organized tournament.
Re: AFCON 2021: Algeria Vs Equatorial Guinea 0 - 1 On 16th January 2022 by rolams(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Pacesetter123:
Bcoz to me,it still boils down to inferiority complex by we Africans.The believe that we can't do anything successfully on our own without the involvement or supervision of the Whites is what is keeping us perpetually underdeveloped for ages.
I am waiting for a day a referee from CAF will be invited to officiate a match in UEFA or even COMOBOL organized tournament.

You are absolutely right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

USA Vs WALES: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (1 - 1) On 21st November 2022 / Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon / Real Madrid Defender, David Alaba Apologizes After Barcelona 4-0 Defeate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.