Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. (116858 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) / Meeting! Topic: Is Our Culture A Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ikomi(m): 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2007
Akkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn

odu ke mmong

aba ke mmoo

aba ke ndede

In short Akan all of the above. cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by uyai(f): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
ndito ka mmi abadie? abasi adiong afid nyin, Amen. etim ba, eke iwana awan. Yak ndiseme owo eba ke idem ommo.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ikomi(m): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2007
I say Amen to that too. Whatever that means.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by snazzydawn(f): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2007
@ ikomi if only you knew what that meant (the last paragraph)
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ikomi(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2007
Now u tell me. What does it mean? If it doesn't say any good let me retrieve my Amen. sad
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by snazzydawn(f): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2007
not telling
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by uau(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
idung isongo,
ami ndi eyen akwa ibom. mmana ke uyo, nka nwed ma ke uniuyo. nke kod computer science.nnam utom ke lagos idaghe ami.

tie sung oooh.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by uyai(f): 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2007
yak obong aba ye afo.

ami nke ka nwed ke CCC, afaha oku. Uniuyo ayaiya idahami. Ema ediong Itu Road about six years ago. I don't know how it is now.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by snazzydawn(f): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2007
yes o uyai, itu road is very goooodddd. You need to see the new Uyo village road, just like London. If you enter Uyo now, you will miss road from Itam Junction. So you were in CCC? I was in Itak and we used to hate CCC girls and Adiaha Obong. The feeling was mutual as the 3 schools never saw eye to eye. We used to call you girls sanga nanga ama.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by uyai(f): 12:23am On Aug 22, 2007
my sister Love44 went to itak. yes! we never got along. We all thought adiaha obong was too thrashy because of their yellow uniform. Itak girls were doing shakara because of mma makara who later left the school. CCC is the best. the girls from there know how to strut. we were always invited to play for state events so Itak has nothing on CCC. I graduated 1999.

Kai! i miss home. i haven't been home since i left in 2001. i remember Aka road, oron Road and definitely Itu road. There is a market on the street that is open untill very late at night don't remember the name, the government was trying to get rid of it 6 years ago. my days at CCC are still best days of my life. i miss home. i miss uyo and Etinancry
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by uyai(f): 2:54am On Aug 22, 2007
@snazzydawn, Mbok Mkpo Adadie ke Idong? Uyo abadie in general.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by presido1: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2007
abadie y'all
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by snazzydawn(f): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2007
uyai se fi ibuot nte CCC. So Uyo is now idung?! lol. Well, the rivalry was really healthy. Adiaha Obong girls are still what they used to be- TRASHY!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by VIPICO(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2007
@snazzydawn,
Great job, gurl!
Amenam eti eti, ayen eka mmi.
Don't mind ppl that still want to bring up Igbo/Ibibio dichotomy.

Afo ado ayen eka mmi. Thats all I know.

And for those that want to curse themselves out here, eka iso

Nuff said
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by BabaTony: 10:52am On Oct 24, 2007
idung , etiedo ooooo, ami ndi ufa ke mboho emi, ami ndung ke ikot ekpene, ami nke ka nwet ke rsust ye uniport , ami ndo engineer. esong idem ooo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by neneinyan(f): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
i b fine efik gal,nko amediono nyin ndito efik nyin iye ikan.sosongo.
mendotinoooooooooooooooooo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by scientist(m): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2007
grin grin grin i know what the brouhaha btw ikomi and akan is all about? grin grin grin they're fighting over who would win  snazzy to their side  grin grin grin WHAT A SHAME? angry angry angry angry  ndo akob usem eyin ANANG  grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by olawunmi05(f): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2007
My husband is from Akwa Ibom, I can only speak these few words:

'mesere o o'
'abadie  - idioko'
'sosong etietie'  (thank you very much) cheesy

Beside a family friend use to call me 'eka Eno' (hope the spelling is right, i.e. mummy Eno) cheesy.  I'm still trying to learn the language, though it's not easy. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by saucekid(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2007
nene inyan:

i b fine efik girl,nko amediono nyin ndito efik nyin iye ikan.sosongo.
mendotinoooooooooooooooooo

9ice, lets relate then
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by lifegal(f): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2007
Akwa-Ibom Isongo!!!, Cross river eno mbang ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

song ubok ndito akwa ibom grin
hmnnnnnnnnn eme edong idem cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by enfuse(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2007
Ibibio Isongo!
Ukang Nyin aba die? Imi namm tutu. Ami ntoe Eket. Eket Idodion o!
Nam utom ke Eket but dong ke Calabar. Etie sungooooo!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by laudate: 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2007
olawunmi05:

My husband is from Akwa Ibom, I can only speak these few words:

'mesere o o'
'abadie - idioko'
'sosong etietie' (thank you very much) cheesy

Beside a family friend use to call me 'eka Eno' (hope the spelling is right, i.e. mummy Eno) cheesy. I'm still trying to learn the language, though it's not easy. smiley

You are doing well, keep it up! Make an effort to learn more words, and you will see your vocabulary grow! grin Good work!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by aniekan28(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2007
Annang MMa !. mbo imaka ibono o!, iiyyaaa iyai.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Shentz(f): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2007
This is what i am talking bout a place US!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Zequisha(f): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2007
my husband is from akwa ibom but i can barely speak the language. I will be very pleased if someone can help me learn. Am so eager to learn the language. sosongo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by akeye(f): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2007
am from Obudu oh
any body 4rm my place
o mo oh.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by ukokeekong: 2:33am On Nov 30, 2007
Zequisha,

I will happily teach you the language.

Write to me: qi1t@yahoo.com
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by sylvex(f): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2007
Nditou Akwa-Ibom ke nairaland mmesere oooo.

Atte Isong oooo - (Iyah)!!!!

Eka Isong oooo - (Iyah)!!!!!!!

Uyo Isong oooo - (Iyah)!!!!!!!!!!!

Akwa-Ibom ekom doooooo (Iyahhhhhhhh)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

thumbs up to all the Akwa-Ibomites
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2007
Ufoknwed nta ifiok? LOL, I have not heard of the expression in a long time. By the way, I am an Ibibio man too, from Uyo. Raised in Calabar, as well as my village. I have wonderful memories of my beloved country, Nigeria. So, how's Uyo now? like London, as one poster wrote? what's really happening back home? have not been home in a while. Come, I get question, do they still award bursaries to students back home? And the trade fair? Is it still around?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Zequisha(f): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2007
ukokeekong

Did u a mail. Eagerly waiting.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by kojeiwa(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2007
Can i call a girl from Akwa Ibom a calaber girl?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by davidif: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2007
is that Akan of access high school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Simple Yoruba Words / Phrases And Sentences? / Yoruba Mythology / Ogoja, Cross River Where Cameroonian Mothers Iron Their Daughter's Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.