Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,709 members, 7,862,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri (717 Views)

APC Leaders Rescue INEC Official Held Hostage At Police Hqtrs - The Nation / Brain Behind Force Hqtrs Bombing(habeeb Bama) Caught- Breakng News / ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by jmaine: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
Indications that the bombers of the Police Force headquarters in Abuja last Thursday, may have bitten more than they can chew, emerged Sunday, when the Crack Investigating team, stormed Maiduguri, the Boko Haram headquarters and arrested 58 sect members including some Somali nationals.

Vanguard gathered that the 58 Boko Haram members were moved to Abuja, Sunday,  aboard a military aircraft and are currently being detained at the headquarters of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, amid heavy security provided by both members of the Mobile Police and the Anti-terrorist Squad.

The arrest of the 58 Boko Haram members with Somali nationals found in their midst, according to security sources, confirms the belief by the investigating team that Somali and Sudanese nationals with sympathy to the Boko Haram cause, are working in tandem with the Islamic sect to perpetrate havoc in the country.

Source  =============> http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/police-hqtrs-bombing-police-arrest-58-suspects/
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by jmaine: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2011
redsun:

Maiduguri used to be a liberal city in the north with a lot of naturalized easterners back then.Now the dark veil of islamism has taken over and it has become a dungeon for the condemned

Guess times have changed
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by proudly9ja(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2011
I have nothing against arresting the REAL perpetrators of the crime but as someone who knows of how police arrest innocent citizens and brand them as suspects, I will like the police to please tell us how they came about these 58 people. Did they get intelligence report that these people were involved in the bombing? Do they have any proof tying these 58 people to the crime?

If police had prior knowledge to the so called boko haram 'head-quaters', why did we have to wait this long to 'storm' the place considering the massive killings perpetrated by this groupd over the past few months?
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by hakanai(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2011
redsun:

Maiduguri used to be a liberal city in the north with a lot of naturalized easterners back then.Now the dark veil of islamism has taken over and it has become a dungeon for the condemned

Wrong mind set Mr man.Its the kinda politics being played in this fucking country!People breed evil and after use can't dispose of it! Since you said in those days things were good,would you then say it was a christian,pagan etc state back then or still a Muslim dominated state?If the later is the case then the question is why did the same People of that state suddenly change.
        All this started with the entry of democracy.Especially with the entry of the ex governor .He is terribly arrogant and built a thug like group around him.The death of the late Shehu has also dealt a blow to respect for the throne. The Governor despite objection still imposed a looney who commands no respect contrary to wishes,as the shehu's predecessor .
       People have lost respect for the Government and royal father.No one can say stop!For me its still about power and poverty.So please leave Islam out of it.Its only used as a cover to form a brotherhood for such sects or group.Even the ideology of Boko haram has being objected to by the Muslim Ummah.
          Lastly the sect operation has continuously targeted  people in the state who have risen to condemn there acts.It includes clergy from both xtians and Muslims.Traditional leaders.I tell you alot of people in the state have no regards for them but are prisoners and helpless.They FG is lost in terms of security and has failed the nation.The people are so scared they rather remain silent.
       when the army first military raid on the sect in Maiduguri during there first up rising,Alot of Muslims contributed information that rounded alot of the sect members.Afterwards you know what happened such people became targets for the sect and Nigeria fail to provide them security and that is why people try to be quiet.The situation has also being given tribal and religious colouration.Do you know this same sect was quashed by yar'adua in about 5 states(Yobe,Borno,Adamawa,Bauchi and Kano) and this were serious uprisings and they had being stock piling weapons and explosives then.During the uprising, they targeted all Government establishments and security operatives.In Bauchi they attacked a mosque of another preacher who was critical of the sects teaching.In bauchi it escalated only when they stormed a police station.Doesn't it seem like due to Govt poor tackling of the situation this sect has grown balls.
         It so sad when people now make it look like its because its GEJ in power or its because of the North and south rivalry.GEJ should get up and quash this treat like Obj and yar'adua.take control so people can sleep.Let people believe in the Government again.
          I say blame Governments handling of the situation.Both the State and federal!The people are just victims and helpless.The religious aspect is used to deceive and gain international support from Islamic extremist period !!! who always see the west as purely evil and a treat.Even US has always expressed reservation of them ever connecting with al qeada.Which i think they have finally established due to our porous bothers.I fear we may soon be over run by foreign mercenaries.
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by hakanai(m): 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2011
proudly9ja:

I have nothing against arresting the REAL perpetrators of the crime but as someone who knows of how police arrest innocent citizens and brand them as suspects, I will like the police to please tell us how they came about these 58 people. Did they get intelligence report that these people were involved in the bombing? Do they have any proof tying these 58 people to the crime?

If police had prior knowledge to the so called boko haram 'head-quaters', why did we have to wait this long to 'storm' the place considering the massive killings perpetrated by this groupd over the past few months?

Gbam !!!!
Anything goes.Such that mass arrest heavy violation of peoples right and all that.I am even told that in Abuja,all the usual indomie joints owners are being rounded up and all that.You know now.Extra judicial killings and violation of rights.Do you know a police recently told me that the police usually had allowance for maintaining informants!Guess what they don't have them anymore and as such have no such information.Only if out of strong will you risk your life and health to give information free information.
While all our SSS and the others do is attach priority to the people in power.The SSS PR director was on channel last time,i was disappointed in her reasoning.All her instances of security centered on providing GEJ security and not the nation.The successful foiling of the other attacks came from public information.She was even trying to argue that the police is rarely corrupt.Citing the example of successful security as protecting Presido before and after elections.What of the likely targets.Mammy market was attacked twice.from the first attack things should have changed based on recommendation to prevent another occurrence in another mammy market.Police stations have being attacked several times and yet no single change of protocol.Leading into the HQ attack.I tell you after this attack,give a month security will be back to business and vulnerable to attacks again.They only act after and for awhile then disappear. Neglect and clear senseless.
The SSS still attach priority to Government in power than the nation as a whole.In other countries anyone even the president can be there enemy if your action compromise national security.Ours is different they act as an extended arm of the presidential body guards.They SSS still leaves in the past and acts like its in the military era.
Forgetting that in today world and Nigeria.Its the people and nation that matter above all others.They SSS should provide the preventive solution and the police/others provide actions.
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by rumomonga(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2011
9ja Police i hail oh. Innocent citizens in trouble.

Why is it  that decisive actions are only taken when terrible situations befalling ordinary Nigerians starts bringing the top notches into the picture.
If lion enter village devour poor man pikin, end of bad omen. If d same enta to devour rich man pikin, dm go say na abomination.
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by adamabdul: 12:51am On Jun 20, 2011
Innocent people, Ystday aroud 7pm a police was attackd and all d policemen inside are suspected dead, Gwange police statn maiduguri
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by BetaThings: 2:01am On Jun 20, 2011
rumomonga:

9ja Police i hail oh. Innocent citizens in trouble.

Why is it  that decisive actions are only taken when terrible situations befalling ordinary Nigerians starts bringing the top notches into the picture.
If lion enter village devour poor man pikin, end of bad omen. If d same enta to devour rich man pikin, dm go say na abomination.
Decisive or deceptive?
58 guilty people were just waiting somewhere to be picked up?
This is typical make-believe, the guilty are walking free!
Re: Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri by rumomonga(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2011
BetaThings:

Decisive or deceptive?
58 guilty people were just waiting somewhere to be picked up?
This is typical make-believe, the guilty are walking free!
lwkmd oh. 9ja we hail thee oh

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Made An A In Bible Knowledge / Nigerian man-lover Chika Nwafor Divorces German Husband / Salami Rigged Osun And Ekiti For Acn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.