Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury (628 Views)

APC Leaders Rescue INEC Official Held Hostage At Police Hqtrs - The Nation / Pirates Raid Nigeria Police Armoury, Seize Weapons / Police Hqtrs Bombing: Police Arrest 58 Suspects In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by Afanna1: 11:32pm On May 25, 2011
[b]Robbers raid Nkwerre Police hqtrs, loot armoury
On May 25, 2011 · In News ,
By Chidi Nkwopara

OWERRI – Two Police Inspectors and some others on duty sustained serious injuries when armed hoodlums stormed the Nkwerre Divisional Police Headquarters and literally emptied the armoury.

Vanguard investigations revealed that the rampaging hoodlums, numbering over 10, came into the charge room and identified themselves as officers from Force Headquarters, Abuja, on normal routine checks.

One of the policemen in the division told Vanguard on grounds of anonymity, that the hoodlums talked the policemen on duty into calling the armourer to bring the keys to the armoury.

He said: “As soon as the armourer arrived the scene, the hoodlums forced him at gunpoint to quietly go and open the armoury.

“All the policemen on duty were taken by surprise, especially as other members of the gang had carefully taken over the premises.”

He said all the new AK 47 rifles, bullet proof vests and ammunition were removed by the armed gangsters.

According to him, “the gangsters removed all the new AK 47 rifles, bullet proof vests and the available ammunition. They virtually emptied the divisional armoury before escaping into the dark night with their loot.”

When contacted on his mobile line, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Linus Nwaiwu, a deputy superintendent of police, DSP, confirmed the incident.

He said: “I do not have details of the incident but our police station was attacked by hoodlums.”[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/robbers-raid-nkwerre-police-hqtrs-loot-armoury/
Re: ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by Mynd44: 12:15am On May 26, 2011
Well now i am speechless!!!!!!!
Re: ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by jamace(m): 6:35am On May 26, 2011
Police, again?!!! shocked shocked
Re: ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by hooged: 6:56am On May 26, 2011
Yes ! Sir . Police again o
Re: ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by nwaigbomg(m): 7:51am On May 26, 2011
this is not the first or second time, i remembered when i was at home around 2005, these bandits stormed the that police hqtrs on a cool evening, even before the arived at the hqtrs, they started shooting indiscriminately in the air from umunanta, a town less than 2kilometer from the hqtrs, innocent people were hit by stray bullet on the way.
the sounds of their weapons were deafning, i had to carry my little sister and run, we were nearly hit by a stray bullets, I thank God, i or my little sis. did not die.
that time, they bandits raided the police hqtrs, carted away their weaponry and set all their vehicles ablaze,

before they arrived at the hqrts, police hearing the sounds of the guns, disappeared into thick forest around, the bandits open the cell and free all the inmates

after they have gone, police came out from the forest and started shouting "wey dem, wey dem? i got a repport then, that the bandits sent them letter informing
the police of their coming,

the bottomline is that most of the policemen posted there are lazy, they cannot fight crime, i have never heard a sound of bullet from their gun, even the neighbourhood don't respect them because, they connive with criminals,
i remember my secondary school days i used to go to their barracks to eat cashew and mango,
i know most of the policemen there by names
Re: ]robbers Raid Nkwerre Police Hqtrs, Loot Armoury by anointedf(m): 9:42am On May 26, 2011
Hmmmm. Ole gbe, Ole gba i.e.(Thief carry am, thief snatch am from thief).

(1) (Reply)

Witches Deploy 500 Members To Abuja For Jonathan’s Inauguration / Odonguyan Phcn Staff And Management / Egyptians Decry 'virginity Tests' On Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.