Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals (16205 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's Record For International Goals / Ronaldo Vows To Break The All-Time International Goals Record Of 109 / Reactions As Luka Modric Wins FIFA Men's Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by insidenaijasblog: 4:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Manchester United superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been honoured by FIFA for becoming the all-time leading goalscorer at the international level, Newspremises reports.

The Portuguese has now scored 115 goals for Portugal, breaking Ali Daei's previous record of 109.

Ronaldo received a special in-person award and was also named in the FIFPRO Men's World11 for 2021, at what was largely a virtual ceremony for FIFA's The Best ceremony in Zurich on Monday.

"It's a dream. First of all, I have to say thank you to my teammates, especially in the national team during the last 20 years that I used to play with. I never thought of beating that record," Ronaldo said.

"I have to say thank you to my family, my wife, my kids - soon I will be a father again! I'm really proud, it's a great achievement to be the top scorer of all time."

Asked how he is maintaining his fine goalscoring form at the age of 36,he insisted that he is as motivated as ever to even score goals and win trophies.

"It's a passion, I still have a passion for the game, not just to score goals but to entertain myself," Ronaldo added. "I've played football since I was five or six years old so whenI get to the pitch even in training I still enjoy it and my motivation's still good.

"I'm 37 soon, I feel good and motivated. I keep working hard since I was 18 and I continue. I have that passion and want to continue.

"People ask sometimes how many more years I'm going to play and I say I hope to play more than four or five years. It's all about mentally, because physically if you treat your body good, it'll treat you back."

source: https://newspremises.com.ng/manchester-united-star-cristiano-ronaldo-wins-the-best-fifa-special-award/

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Aufbauh(m): 4:35am On Jan 18, 2022
The award is an icing on a glorious career for CR7.
No doubt his name will be engrain in football history many years to come.

The most satisfying thing in life is your personal goal fulfilment & not the competition you've had with someone.

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by paulolee(m): 5:01am On Jan 18, 2022
congrats man, he really tried with dt goal record, now all eyes are on portugal, poland n italy qualifying for the world cup..
any player dt doesnt make it have no claim or say about any individual award this year n dts why i pity for lewa..
between Portugal n italy, i already know who am going with, wish all the best..

14 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by paulolee(m): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2022
Aufbauh:
The award is an icing on a glorious career for CR7.
No doubt his name will be engrain in football history many years to come.

The most satisfying thing in life is your personal goal fulfilment & not the competition you've had with someone.
nice words....at the end of the day, when he is done with football, we would look at the records n numbers he did n appreciate him the more..
I keep saying dt cr7 n messi shouldn't av been in same generation, one for come maybe after 30 years ahead of others...
am happy I watch both play n the competition was needed..

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by potbelly(m): 5:15am On Jan 18, 2022
The only GOAT we know... cool

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by philcz(m): 5:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Well deserved

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Ocholu: 5:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Let me be real with you OP;

Cristiano Ronaldo in football is the goat. Any other person na turkey.

We all know exactly what those French bald headed men did with the Balon D'ior. The rigged the process for a man who can't boast of 5 goals this season. Now, FIFA have corrected their lapses by awarding the best player for last year to the most deserving. Which is Lewandoski.

After all the sweet mouthing Messi told Lewandoski during the Balon D'ior ceremony, it turns out that he didn't even vote for Lewandoski at all. Such a shame.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by philcz(m): 5:17am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:

nice words....its cr7 dt is taking the competition with messi too personal, cr7 is more focused on individual glory n want to just hear d world say that he is better than messi but its almost impossible
It’s 2022 man. Leave all this 2016 beer Palour analysis one side.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by MisterGrace: 5:18am On Jan 18, 2022
wink Beautiful.

They robbed Wesley Snider, Andres Iniesta, even Cristiano Ronaldo and others to a award a fraud awards he never deserved.

Naija Supreme Court people everywhere.

From today, the short ekpiya's awards are all Supreme Court awards.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by tiswell(m): 5:18am On Jan 18, 2022
christiano doesn't deserve anything in the year under review sad

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by sparog(m): 5:19am On Jan 18, 2022
Nice
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:19am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:
congrats man, at least he gat something, messi won d ballon, lewa won d best n fifa gave him this to console him, if its messi, cr7 fans will say its bcoz he is fifa son..
me am jus waiting for the season to end, I want to see his next move, if he would stay with united n try fight for trophy for anoda season or seek anoda new challenge with anoda team..

I will like to see CR7 with Man Utd next season.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by paulolee(m): 5:19am On Jan 18, 2022
philcz:
It’s 2022 man. Leave all this 2016 beer Palour analysis one side.
lolz...d post didnt mention u or ur name, n besides na drunkards dey sabi beer palor analysis so I'll just pass..
its funny how u quote me to say trash wen u can jus read n ignore d post....av a nice day man

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by paulolee(m): 5:20am On Jan 18, 2022
tiswell:
GOD BLESS U

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by iluvdonjazzy: 5:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Great
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by philcz(m): 5:20am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:

u can jus read n ignore na
Type like a grown up first.

6 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by sparog(m): 5:21am On Jan 18, 2022
tiswell:

Read you no go gree read, na una type dey talk school na scam.

Did he just become the all time leading goal scorer this season under review? Something he’s been working on for the past 20years

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS Ororoooo,

When you are good you are good.

C.Ronaldo, you can't deny he is one of the Greatest Player to ever played the game of football.

Gbefun........

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by NORSIYK(m): 5:25am On Jan 18, 2022
Congrats to him.
What a well deserved award.

He remains the only GOAT

9 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by zacchybros: 5:26am On Jan 18, 2022
This life only recognizes the successful. Just succeed, new category of awards will be created for you.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by TheKing4040(m): 5:28am On Jan 18, 2022
Ororo for a reason..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by DesChyko: 5:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Nice one.
You mean after reading this:
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly been honoured by FIFA for becoming the all-time leading goalscorer at the international level

You still went ahead to post this (and spell his name wrong cry )
tiswell:

In what year did he make that particular landmark? undecided

1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by tiswell(m): 5:34am On Jan 18, 2022
sparog:

Read you no go gree read, na una type dey talk school na scam.

Did he just become the all time leading goal scorer this season under review? Something he’s been working on for the past 20years
professor John bull
now getat!!! sad

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Christane: 5:35am On Jan 18, 2022
tiswell:
Na u deserve everything?

5 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Christane: 5:36am On Jan 18, 2022
G.O.A.T
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by adetayoonas(m): 5:37am On Jan 18, 2022
Ocholu:

We all know exactly what those French bald headed men did with the Balon D'ior. The rigged the process for a man who can't boast of 5 goals this season. Now, FIFA have corrected their lapses by awarding the best player for last year to the most deserving. Which is Lewandoski.

Was surprised too. He saw Lewandowski as a threat. Why did he vote for Neymar who knew cant win it

After all the sweet mouthing Messi told Lewandoski during the Balon D'ior ceremony, it turns out that he didn't even vote for Lewandoski at all. Such a shame.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Christane: 5:37am On Jan 18, 2022
I really admire c cr7 work rate despite d fact dat he would be 37 soon ..he still got it ...hardwork with talent =greatness

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by Ifybwoy7: 5:38am On Jan 18, 2022
A footballer I truly admire even though age isn't on is side anymore but I'm so glade I watched him play. ORORO give person football memories no be lie. I hope CR7 plays till 40. men's international all time score.

13 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Special Award For All-Time International Goals by adetayoonas(m): 5:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Ocholu:

Was surprised too. He saw Lewandowski as a threat. Why did he vote for Neymar who knew cant win it

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? / Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Uk Pool Week 21 4/4 Live Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.