Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do (2244 Views)

How Do You Forget A Spouse That Has Forgotten You / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) / How Do I Apologize To My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Very manipulative set. I know them well. undecided

No Ishi, not on this one. Trust me it makes you toxic and embittered. The only time a woman stops talking is when she has given up on the man. It is either she is seeking to replace him or she has decided to make him as dormant as he wants to be. So don’t stoop on this one.

cheesy cheesy
You make so much sense.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by socialmediaman: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
descarado:

Don't keep mute. You will snap one day or you will start throwing out negative vibes without knowing it. This may make you transfer the aggression to househelp or somebody you have power over.

If it means nagging, nag.
Make him apologise. Don't start what you won't continue cos time will come when this will create a very big hole in your relationship.

I agree, also calls for a measured approach. Men generally grow and mature with time (though differently) in a relationship. A time comes when even the craziest of men start calming down and start listening more, things like family start taking more important places in their lives. Just like dads and moms who were high handed with their kids start being more respectful as the child grows and continues to table their disagreements
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by descarado: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I am not sucking anything up. His peace isn’t my own peace. I won’t give up my peace because an adult has decided to keep doing the wrong thing.
Mistakes our parents made. They want us to continue enabling that.

How can an adult misbehave and not apologise?
We don't have anything in common until you tender the deserved apology.
I shouldn't tell you what to do.

It's paramount to chose who align with your beliefs before one tie the knot.

One if not the most important trait to look out for in a man is flexibility.
If he is flexible,he will apologise when necessary even if he continues, apology is a must.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by ImaIma1(f): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2022
chatinent:

Don't force anyone to change.

Just change the habit of always trying to force them.

Na una no dey apologize. That's why why you are giving advice tending towards accepting bad behaviour.

OP don't mind chatinet and his other friend up there. When a person offends, he/she should take responsibility and accept the wrong and apologize. Forget men always using ego to cover things up.

As for me, you have to apologize and not form like you are above being wrong.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by ImaIma1(f): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2022
Ishilove:

Do this and he calls you a nag.

Sometimes having a talk and confronting him with questions is the way. Questions like:

Why don't you apologize when you offend?

Am I too small or beneath you that you cannot apologize when you wrong me?

How do you teach your children to apologize when you cannot apologize?

Should I stop apologizing to you when I offend you? And stop telling the kids to apologize when they are wrong?

There are some things that need fire brigade approach. Not all this "speak to him nicely" blah blah.

And when you say it once, you leave it and start taking actions on it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by chatinent: 8:54am On Jan 20, 2022
ImaIma1:

Na una no dey apologize. That's why why you are giving advice tending towards accepting bad behaviour.

OP don't mind chatinet and his other friend up there. When a person offends, he/she should take responsibility and accept the wrong and apologize. Forget men always using ego to cover things up.

As for me, you have to apologize and not form like you are above being wrong.

You are right, sha. I just even realized I offended iyawo mi without knowing and thinking I deserve an apology.

Make I call am fess.

Choi.
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by ImaIma1(f): 9:06am On Jan 20, 2022
chatinent:

You are right, sha. I just even realized I offended iyawo mi without knowing and thinking I deserve an apology.

Make I call am fess.

Choi.

You deserve an apology or she deserves an apology? smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by chatinent: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2022
ImaIma1:

You deserve an apology or she deserves an apology? smiley

Apologized to my queen.

Choi. Such a lovely better half.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 10:35am On Jan 20, 2022
ImaIma1:

Sometimes having a talk and confronting him with questions is the way. Questions like:

Should I stop apologizing to you when I offend you? And stop telling the kids to apologize when they are wrong?

There are some things that need fire brigade approach. Not all this "speak to him nicely" blah blah.

I am bookmarking this comment. cheesy
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2022
ImaIma1:

Words of wisdom.

Graceama come and take notes.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Klass99(f): 2:06pm On Jan 20, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
Klass99:

Seven blessings and 21 kisses kiss, you are my kinda girl.

I'll rather show people what I can do, than talk incessantly or repeat myself (I hate repetition)

Actions really do speak louder than words, when will more people grasp this?

Ladyhippolyta88, I enjoy the posts you share with me as well. It's your shared post that brought me here to Ima's comment and now I am enjoying the ones from Sheblayze too. wink
Glad to share cheesy

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Words of wisdom.

Graceama come and take notes.

Noted
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by crackhaus: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
Make I even go read wetin dey the OP wey make all these NL womens dey hyperventilate... grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by crackhaus: 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
graceama:
Good morning Nl

Please i will like to know the best way to make a spouse that hardly admit/apologize for his wrong doings, to do so without it resulting to arguments.

Thanks
It's surprising no one has asked you to tell us what he did exactly.

And this one you're busy counting his wrong doings, is it that he just enjoys hurting your feelings deliberately over and over again?
Because if this is the case, then it's not apologies you should be looking for, but an escape route.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ishilove:

Don't forget to come back and tell us of the wonderful answers you get in response to the questions abeg.... I would very much like to read what your manipulative other tells you in responds to those questions of yours grin
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2022
graceama:
Noted
Please don't forget to regale us with details of the comebacks for asking the particular questions abeg. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by graceama: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please don't forget to regale us with details of the comebacks for asking the particular questions abeg. undecided

I don't really understand you
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
graceama:
I don't really understand you
Nevermind! grin
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Don't forget to come back and tell us of the wonderful answers you get in response to the questions abeg.... I would very much like to read what your manipulative other tells you in responds to those questions of yours grin
It will like end up with more arguments but nothing tried, nothing gained. grin
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Mariangeles(f): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Kobo ehn! O wa l'ara yin. cheesy
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Mariangeles(f): 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nevermind! grin

So, Kobo can reply someone with never mind in this life time? grin
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ishilove:

It will like end up with more arguments but nothing tried, nothing gained. grin
Oh, you will definitely gain more insight into the workings of manipulative mind. grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
So, Kobo can reply someone with never mind in this life time? grin
There's a lot you don't know about me. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by ImaIma1(f): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Klass99:

Seven blessings and 21 kisses kiss, you are my kinda girl.

I'll rather show people what I can do, than talk incessantly or repeat myself (I hate repetition)

Actions really do speak louder than words, when will more people grasp this?

Ladyhippolyta88, I enjoy the posts you share with me as well. It's your shared post that brought me here to Ima's comment and now I am enjoying the ones from Sheblayze too. wink

cheesy

Accepting it will later cause big problems as someone mentioned. It's best to discuss it. But many guys here try to make it seem like marriage is a slave-master relationship where the man can get away with anything.

Conspicuously enough, men are scarce on this thread. They know they are guilty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mariangeles:
Kobo ehn! O wa l'ara yin. cheesy
As in? undecided

Wait a second... why do you chose to type in yoruba language to me though? undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by ImaIma1(f): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ishilove:

wink

It's not going down well with some people that believe they have the answers to EVERYTHING though. But they know better than to quote me wink

2 Likes

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Mariangeles(f): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There's a lot you don't know about me. undecided
Well, the nairaland you that I know never give up on an argument.

Kobojunkie:
As in? undecided

Wait a second... why do you choose to type in Yoruba language to me though? undecided

You seem to understand it. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
descarado:

Don't keep mute. You will snap one day or you will start throwing out negative vibes without knowing it. This may make you transfer the aggression to househelp or somebody you have power over.

If it means nagging, nag.
Make him apologise. Don't start what you won't continue cos time will come when this will create a very big hole in your relationship.
Nagging should be a no-no abeg! There is absolutely no benefit to that behavior, but a potentially hefty psychological price to be paid by the one who nags. undecided

If the goal is to resist transferring aggression to others, I would recommend instead that people who find themselves in such environments find other ways to relieve stress eg. Join a gym or sports, try gardening, Journaling etc., anything but nagging abeg. undecided
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

Well, the nairaland you that I know never gives up on an argument.
You seem to understand it. undecided
That is not true of my person or my nairaland character at all. undecided

I can pretty much read and comprehend all 3 of the major Nigerian languages in Nigeria ... well, mostly yoruba and Igbo. Just wandering why you chose to write in yorua here when you have been on a igbo spree for some time now. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Mariangeles(f): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is not true of my person or my nairaland character at all. undecided
Hmmm. undecided

I can pretty much read and comprehend all 3 of the major Nigerian languages in Nigeria ... well, mostly Yoruba and Igbo. Just wandering why you chose to write in Yoruba here when you have been on a Igbo spree for some time now. undecided

You do? I mean, you can read and understand those Igbo that I type? cheesy
Re: The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hmmm. undecided
You do? I mean, you can understand those Igbo that I type? cheesy
I quit when I am done... I even unfollow threads out of boredom and that happens several times in each a day. grin

Ofcourse, i grew up in Lagos and i schooled near the north so I would say I am your typical well rounded Nigerian. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocation Sale.. / My Experience With Two Of My So Called Friends / Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.