Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,908 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) (28375 Views)

How Do You Feel When Your Wife Suddenly Starts Looking Older Than You? / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
One day we were in a arguement of dating or marrying someone older than you.
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)
He asked me if she work, I told him
He asked of her age, I JUST TOLD HIM THAT SHE IS A BIT OLDER THA ME.

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
To my greatest surprise she became angry eith me
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

c) I make her look desperate, that she is loosing interest already

d) I insulted her and she can't trust me again

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

b) I never mentioned her age to these people or the age gap

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I don't see this working out again
I feel so belittled
Gosh

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by SUPERPACK: 1:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
If love is blind, marriage is an eye opener.

297 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by BabbanBura(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gosh234:
I will go straight to the point and make this brief. Recall this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6990203/should-marry
On March this year I got a job as ICT officer in a firm which made me move to Lagos ,we are super excited about this development and everything working out fine (No relationship is perfect, understanding kept us going)

I served in a university, towards completion of my service year, I accomodated a guy who got to know about us
I stood my ground that I can marry irrespective of age, provided it is what I want
The guy came to conclusion that it seems my spouse is older than me, we laughed over it (That ends it)

Secondly my friend Davidson that live in the same compound who is done with his studies, working while waiting on NYSC.
I told him about my woman , how I love her and ready to settle down as soon as things go as planned for me (he have seen her visited once but they never met)

While discussing with my woman last night , I was assuring her how much I love her irrespective of anything then I pointed out the two above incidence
In her words
a) She detest dating underage, how she found herself in this mess she can't tell

b) I should go ahead and tell my mum and elder brother (they just talk via phone) and even all my friends

NOTE
a) I promised her that no one will know of the age difference even if they know she is older

My crime is that I admitted that she is older and I am proud and love her wholeheartedly

I feel so belittled
Gosh

She doesn't love you enough, otherwise it won't matter to her whatever anyone will say about her marrying you.

Do not sweat it to makes thing woo, if you try to make her understand the age thing doesn't matter to u but she won't buckle, then let her be. Otherwise you are surrendering your power (not both the man and woman have unique powers that ensure peace and harmony in the home) to her, and if that happens, you will greatly regret marrying an older woman.

I have seen older and / or richer women marrying younger and / or mean with lesser dough and they are leaving peacefully. So to me, nothing wrong marrying a lady older that me!

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by JASONjnr(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
Older single ladies tends to have this issues ... They always feel like they're making a mistake or that they are not in the right relationship...

The age differences will always be a problem regardless...

If she's willing to let down her guts and behave like she's your mate.. only then will the both of you move smoothly..

But from her replies... and you admitting that it's all your fault.. then you're a simp... A very bold simp..

OP work on your self-esteem and learn to keep your relationship talks to yourself and not discuss it to your friends...

Coming to visit you will be difficult for her as she will feel that those guys will begin to see her as a desperate lady trying to clinch on younger guys just to get married...

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
JASONjnr:
Older single ladies tends to have this issues ... They always feel like they're making a mistake or that they are not in the right relationship...

The age differences will always be a problem regardless...

If she's willing to let down her guts and behave like she's your mate.. only then will the both of you move smoothly..

Buy from her replies... and you admitting that it's all your fault.. then you're a simp... A very bold simp..

OP work on your self esteem and learn to keep your relationship talks to yourself and not discuss it to your friends...

Coming to visit you will be difficult for her as she will feel that 5jose guys will begin to see her as a desperate lady trying to clinch on younger guys just to get married...
I have relocated from East where these guys are to Lagos now
I am not with these people and we don't keep in touch

Never did I agreed that I am at fault
As it stands now

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
BabbanBura:

She doesn't love you enough, otherwise it won't matter to her whatever anyone will say about her marrying you.

Do not sweat it to makes thing woo, if you try to make her understand the age thing doesn't matter to u but she won't buckle, then let her be. Otherwise you are surrendering your power (not both the man and woman have unique powers that ensure peace and harmony in the home) to her, and if that happens, you will greatly regret marrying an older woman.

I have seen older and / or richer women marrying younger and / or mean with lesser dough and they are leaving peacefully. So to me, nothing wrong marrying a lady older that me!
I have done well to explain to her that it means nothing if she really love me

She hide all these from her friends too

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by JASONjnr(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gosh234:

I have relocated from East where these guys are to Lagos now
I am not with these people and we don't keep in touch

Never did I agreed that I am at fault
As it stands now
She see me less her class
Her words are insults to me
I am ending it because something worse than this may occur in future

Good for you...

Always go for ladies you're far older than... Say 5 to 6yrs older than..

That way, you will be in control of the relationship and not give a 2oman the chance to always talk down on you because she will always see herself as someone that you should be calling aunty...

27 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2022

10 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by sisisioge: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2022
grin grin grin

You guys will not kill me. It is a sensitive matter for her....bad enough that she got into it without knowing, worse that you're discussing it with your friends. I remember mistakenly dating a guy who is 2yrs younger. We are in the same professional space and he is way better than me. We had been at this date me I no date you I date you briefly for about 8yrs before he came clean with the age difference thing to me. It was mad o....I just dont like the idea of being older than him even though it didnt seem so and I never suspected for 8years! The moment he told me, I just wasnt really interested anymore. Yes it is silly but it is what it is.

Biko stop discussing the matter with people...she sef should stop dating children tongue. Sorry, had to throw that punch in so you could see how it feels wink

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by crackhaus: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:
grin grin grin
You guys will not kill me. It is a sensitive matter for her....bad enough that she got into it without knowing, worse that you're discussing it with your friends. I remember mistakenly dating a guy who is 2yrs younger. We are in the same professional space and he is way better than me. We had been at this date me I no date you I date you briefly for about 8yrs before he came clean with the age difference thing to me. It was mad o....I just dont like the idea of being older than him even though it didnt seem so and I never suspected for 8years! The moment he told me, I just wasnt really interested anymore. Yes it is silly but it is what it is.

Biko stop discussing the matter with people...she sef should stop dating children tongue. Sorry, had to throw that punch in so you could see how it feels wink

I'm more intrigued that you didn't know for 8years.

Isn't that guy a legend like this?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by VlamesIffect(f): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
grin grin grin why you sef no lock up...you dey talk too much....

See ehn I've dated ladies wey i senior...even when they later find out them no believe grin grin all na maturity...babe wey dey look up to me as her elder brother...the respect ehn, even till today....when she found out say she use 3 years senior me.... she was on my laps.....she no fit stand up...but it is what it is.....if you were mature enough i assure you it wouldn't have made a difference.....women love a man that is in control that's all....have money or not be a man & be in control & no dey talk too much.....

As e be now...if i be you i go sit her down talk sense into her head....then leave am no push am....if she no respond take am as loss but learn from am no fvck up next time...

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by crackhaus: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh
She doesn't love you enough.

Please NOTE, it's not that she doesn't love you. It's that she simply doesn't love you enough.
Some women have this issue, nothing new.

Just start moving on and have it at the back of your mind that henceforth, you will be dating yourself even if she claims she has forgiven you and wants to be with you.

29 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Biglittlelois(f): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
VlamesIffect:

See ehn I've dated ladies wey i senior...even when they later find out them no believe grin grin all na maturity...babe wey dey look up to me as her elder brother...the respect ehn, even till today....when she found out say she use 3 years senior me.... she was on my laps.....she no fit stand up...but it is what it is.....if you were mature enough i assure you it wouldn't have made a difference.....women love a man that is in control that's all....have money or not be a man & be in control & no dey talk too much.....

As e be now...if i be you i go sit her down talk sense into her head....then leave am no push am....if she no respond take am as loss but learn from am no fvck up next time...

Are you gay

Your gender says female undecided

16 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by VlamesIffect(f): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Are you gay

Your gender says female undecided

SHIM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Biglittlelois(f): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
VlamesIffect:

SHIM

SHIM like trans?

Prove it or you lie undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by VlamesIffect(f): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

SHIM like trans?

Prove it or you lie undecided

I don't get it you want to see a weener & vijay? grin

Come meet me in abuja. I hope you a girl?

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by mardis: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
You talk too much, must you tell everyone she is older than you? If she was younger would you still go about telling people that? It is very immature of you gaskiya.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by hpk(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
OP you're supposed to be the Fossil in your relationship but the simp in you has blinded you from objectivity.

Unplug yourself from that old lady or PERISH.

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Biglittlelois(f): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
VlamesIffect:

I don't get it you want to see a weener & vijay? grin

Come meet me in abuja. I hope you a girl?

Lol I'll pass grin

Enjoy smiley

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by sisisioge: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
crackhaus:

I'm more intrigued that you didn't know for 8years.

Isn't that guy a legend like this?

We met when we were both getting inducted into a professional body like that. At that stage, age bracket was mostly plus or minus two....it was safe to match cos we finished school same year and had a lot in common. He is all taller and more advance too grin. Besides, when the age discussion came up, I told him mine and guy conveniently agreed its same birth year. I wasnt really into him then but we were always in and out of each other's lives. All the while, I had been vocal about not liking that kind of relationships whenever discussed it....funny, he was always asking me angry. Then when we got really seriously, he woke me in the middle of the night to confess. It was a big deal for me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

Sis Oge, throw more punch, chuckles
She clearly know the age and everything before anything
Don't play victim card on her behalf

I didn't discuss her age if you read well
She is older than me and never her age

Ancient human
I greet you

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by kaboninc(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gosh234:

In her words

NOTE

I feel so belittled
Gosh

She wants to end the relationship. Please let go.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by crackhaus: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:

We met when we were both getting inducted into a professional body like that. At that stage, age brackage was mostly plus or minus two....it was safe to match cos we finished school same year and had a lot in common. He is all taller and more advance too grin. Besides, when the age discussion came up, I told him mine and guy conveniently agreed its same birth year. I wasnt really into him then but we were always in and out of each other's lives. All the while, I had been vocal about not liking that kind of relationships whenever discussed it....funny, he was always asking me angry. Then when we got really seriously, he woke me in the middle of the night to confess. It was a big deal for me.
A true legend indeed. cheesy

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by kaboninc(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:

We met when we were both getting inducted into a professional body like that. At that stage, age brackage was mostly plus or minus two....it was safe to match cos we finished school same year and had a lot in common. He is all taller and more advance too grin. Besides, when the age discussion came up, I told him mine and guy conveniently agreed its same birth year. I wasnt really into him then but we were always in and out of each other's lives. All the while, I had been vocal about not liking that kind of relationships whenever discussed it....funny, he was always asking me angry. Then when we got really seriously, he woke me in the middle of the night to confess. It was a big deal for me.

There are other reasons. Not age and you wanted out.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by sisisioge: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gosh234:
Sis Oge, throw more punch, chuckles
She clearly know the age and everything before anything
Don't play victim card on her behalf

I didn't discuss her age if you read well
She is older than me and never her age

Ancient human
I greet you

Dont be upset,it is what it is grin

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by sisisioge: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
kaboninc:

There are other reasons. Not age and you wanted out.

Not really, I just clam up with the age thing....it has happened to me more times than I care to recount. I just feel right with my age mate or someone slightly older. No younger biko.

12 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
VlamesIffect:

Please am not playing games with her
Am not decieving her or hiding our age

Open the link on the post
Bet me you will be back here to edit your comment

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by kaboninc(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
sisisioge:

Not really, I just clam up with the age thing....it has happened to me more times than I care to recount. I just feel right with my age mate or someone slightly older. No younger biko.

You mean you threw away 8 years just because of a 2 year age gap?

Okay then.

19 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
kaboninc:

She wants to end the relationship. Please let go.
my mind......
Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
mardis:
You talk too much, must you tell everyone she is older than you? If she was younger would you still go about telling people that? It is very immature of you gaskiya.
Is her age my problem?, Do I care about that?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story) by Gosh234: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
crackhaus:

She doesn't love you enough.

Please NOTE, it's not that she doesn't love you. It's that she simply doesn't love you enough.
Some women have this issue, nothing new.

Just start moving on and have it at the back of your mind that henceforth, you will be dating yourself even if she claims she has forgiven you and wants to be with you.
thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Sent To Prison For Failing To Marry A Lady He Got Pregnant In Lagos / Parents Gave Their Baby A Snake To Play With Since They Can't Afford Toys / My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.