Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy (20018 Views)

With Scent Leaf, It Is Goodbye To Irregular And Painful Menstrual Period / How Do Fibriods Affects Your Menstrual Period. / I Need Help Concerning My Fiancée Late Menstrual Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by alphonsojaybaz: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2022
You might be unique in that you have more or fewer. Missed or irregular periods must be evaluated in light of your personal norms.

During the first few years after menstruation begins, menstrual periods are frequently irregular. The hormones that control menstruation may take several years to find a balance.

At the other end of the menstrual cycle, menstrual periods can be very irregular. When otherwise regular periods become irregular, many women realize they are approaching perimenopause and menopause. When you haven’t had a menstrual period for 12 months, you’ve reached menopause.

Missed periods are most commonly caused by pregnancy. If you think you might be pregnant, act as if you are until you know for sure. To determine whether you are pregnant, start with a home pregnancy test.

Other causes of missed or irregular periods if you are not pregnant include:

1. Excessive weight loss or gain: A change of more than 10 pounds in either direction may produce missed periods or irregular bleeding. What’s more, the connection between obesity and missed periods is strong enough that some doctors recommend regular checkups when you are not trying to become pregnant, in order to monitor your menstrual cycle’s regularity.

2. Eating disorders: Anorexia or bulemia re eating disorders in which the ability to maintain a normal menstrual cycle is usually interrupted. The problem here lies in the fact that malnutrition and lack of nutrients can cause a disruption in the production of reproductive hormones, or hormones in general.

3. Increased exercise: A significant increase in exercise, especially when it is accompanied by a change in eating habits to match the increased calorie burn can result in missed periods or irregular bleeding. If you are exercising intensely enough to cause delayed menstruation, make sure you are also getting adequate nutrition.

4. Birth control pills: Pills that contain low doses of estrogen will often make periods lighter and reduce the frequency of periods. Pills that contain progestin-only (POPs, Mini Pills) may result in irregular bleeding between periods.

5. Stress: Missed or irregular periods can be related to stress, and may be a sign that you need to relax more and cut down on stress levels. While it’s possible for stress to result in delayed periods, it’s not very likely. If periods are delayed due to stress, they should begin again within two or three months at most.

6. Illness: Missed or irregular periods can be a sign that you’ve been sick and need to allow enough time for your body to recover. Such illnesses may include mononucleosis, pneumonia, diabetes, leukemia or other cancers.

7. Breastfeeding: Most women experience a temporary loss of periods while they are breastfeeding. This is due to changes in hormone levels, and should not be considered abnormal. They will resume menstruating at the time that they would normal
https://makesensepromotions.com/7-causes-for-a-late-period-that-dont-mean-youre-pregnant/

5 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by WiszyFraud: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Also... Kpanshing too many dxcks without the use of condoms..

lipsrsealed

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Reminds me of Chioma that year after i creampies her pussy
That piils bin mess her up
Mood swings and all other b**shit
But the creampies where worth it grin kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by fergie001: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2022
I know of Number 4 very well.
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by MEGA4BILLION(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2022
Too much consumption of postinor 2

3 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Nekzy66: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by nokspos: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2022
number 4
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by money121(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by TSaveri: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2022
After seeing this I became a trillionaire
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by gboyetade: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Informative
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by drimzsmoke(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2022
No 8. Female genital tract infection

2 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Skillsnigeria: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2022
Noted
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by DontSufferinSil: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2022
ANAEMIA

Anaemia will cause a menstrual period to cease. Menstrual period will return with iron supplement or blood building foods.

Don't suffer in Silence

The pandemic has necessitated rapid access to healthcare inspite of the dwindling numbers of competent Health workers. Information, the right information is all you require to end the misery of an acute or chronic health disorder, even over long distances.

Online Tele docs Nigeria will lead you out of your health predicament with professionalism, empathy and utmost care.

Send us a private email at

onlinedocs4healthngr@gmail.com

Don't suffer in silence anymore.
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by maureensylvia(f): 10:00am On Jan 18, 2022
Okkkk
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by saintruky(m): 10:00am On Jan 18, 2022
@op some persons go say na infection... How come e nor dey ur list?
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Omakraid(f): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2022
I know a woman who said she hasnt menstruated for 2 yrs now and she has never done family planning. Been to health care many times and she has been referred for scan severally which shows all Is well internally. What could then be wrong with her?
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by DontSufferinSil: 10:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Omakraid:
I know a woman who said she hasnt menstruated for 2 yrs now and she has never done family planning. Been to health care many times and she has been referred for scan severally which shows all Is well internally. What could then be wrong with her?

So many conditions can cause it.
Take her to do a hormone profile at a reputable laboratory and send results to

onlinedocs4healthngr@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Danjikanbauchi: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Cheeiiii remember my Damilola that year, she will say baby I have not seen it oooo. She will still come my crip give me enough with different positions, Las Las our eyes clear E don enter grin grin grin
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by DontSufferinSil: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2022
saintruky:
@op some persons go say na infection... How come e nor dey ur list?

Infections typically do Not cause amenorrhea.
The usually cause abnormal vaginal bleeding especially after intercourse
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by nwajesus12(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2022
Polycystic ovaries syndrome

8 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by cmecproblem(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2022
I know a woman who did not see her period one month and she almost lost her mind. Turns out it was because of Covid vaccine she had taken. Quick research online showed that the vaccine could alter female systems in some people. The woman's period came the next month.
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by saintruky(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2022
DontSufferinSil:

Infections typically do Not cause amenorrhea.
The usually cause abnormal vaginal bleeding especially after intercourse

Gbam... But those native/ herbal folks would tell u when a woman has irregular menstruations, na infection dey cause am... N their megaphone dey loud...

4 Likes

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by lekanamisu: 10:34am On Jan 18, 2022
See for yourself.

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Triangles1(m): 10:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Different opinions.
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Jesuschristus: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2022
The person that wrote this didnt pass through medical school.

1 Like

Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by ufotty2001: 10:47am On Jan 18, 2022
Omakraid:
Please how old is that woman?
Re: 7 Causes Of Late Menstrual Period Other Than Pregnancy by Dcaliphate(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Period Twice In A Month / Roles Of Onion In Men Infertility / Nigerian Man Who Was Abandoned After Accident In Vietnam Undergoes Surgery. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.