Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar (10330 Views)

When Azikiwe Reported On Lagos Vs Onitsha Football Match In 1940. (photo) / Obi: Bashir Ahmad Compares Lagos Vs Anambra Presidential Results / Eastern Development: Does These Images Show The Level Of Anambra’s Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109645176:

Dumb I never compare Onitsha to Lagos, Lagos is collective efforts by all Nigerians and foreigners, Anambra urbanisation is indigenous efforts, I only counters the idiots their brains filled with ewdu that was comparing Ikorodu and Ajegunle to Onitsha.
Onitsha that is the same size as OAU university campus?

How is Lagos collective effort? What do you mean exactly
How is Onitsha indigenous efforts? Are there no non indigenes in Onitsha? Don't they pay tax
Does Onitsha LGAs receive federal allocation?

Is Anambra state a NET CONTRIBUTOR to the Federation account?

Onitsha was rehabilitated after the war with reconstruction funds?

It would not be significant if there was No Niger bridge? Where did the money for the Niger Bridge come from? All your premises are really wacky and clearly an alternative matrix reality that only makes sense in the four corners of your head

Onitsha is important because of the Niger bridge built with money from OUTSIDE Onitsha . Onitsha has NEVER been a NET contributor to the Federation account unlike Lagos which has always been even from the 1890s
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
The Simple reality is Onitsha would not amount to anything if the Niger Bridge did not pass through Onitsha.

That Bridge was built with Nigerian money from outside Onitsha

Onitsha gets federal Allocation to Local governments areas and also via the state

The question is

Is Anambra state a NET CONTRIBUTOR or NET RECEIVER from the Federation account

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
You folk keep moaning about Federal presence

Is the Niger bridge Federal Absence?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
sherlock229:

What's with this guy and glorying ugly unplanned mess of a city that is Anambra? Are you sick in the head? What's so beautiful about this pic? Open Gutter,no side Walk,no space, all buildings identical with shitty infrastructure, what's this mess?
Anu Lagos is well planned right? Lagos Island is even better part of Lagos not to talk main land and other slum areas in Lagos grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by lightskinnigga: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:
The Simple reality is Onitsha would not amount to anything if the Niger Bridge did not pass through Onitsha.

That Bridge was built with Nigerian money from outside Onitsha

Onitsha gets federal Allocation to Local governments areas and also via the state

The question is

Is Anambra state a NET CONTRIBUTOR or NET RECEIVER from the Federation account

quit embarrassing yourself here.

Where’s the largest market in west africa located?

This is social studies Jss 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
lightskinnigga:
quit embarrassing yourself here.

Where’s the largest market in west africa located?

This is social studies Jss 2

Eboe people repeat his myth a lot .
I have embarrassed many fools before you on Naira land for parroting the same foolishnes

Two questions

How big is the biggest market

1. In terms of Square metres
2. Daily sales in Naira

Don't make it too long just answer the questions directly

Like others before you I do not expect any meaningful response because you have no facts or figures just bullcrap

By the way the largest market argument is totally irrelevant here . How is that relevant to this conversation

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

How is Onitsha indigenous efforts? Are there no non indigenes in Onitsha? Don't they pay tax

It would not be significant if there was No Niger bridge? Where did the money for the Niger Bridge come from? All your premises are really wacky and clearly an alternative matrix reality that only makes sense in the four corners of your head

Onitsha is important because of the Niger bridge built with money from OUTSIDE Onitsha . Onitsha has NEVER been a NET contributor to the Federation account unlike Lagos which has always been even from the 1890s
I wonder when you guys will get sense, stop being Dumbo we are in 21st century, I wonder how you guys reasons so poor, below is Onitsha metropolis and UI
Onitsha metro is 71.2km perimeter, and 186 km area, while UI is 11.9km perimeter and 5.52 area

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

Below is Main Onitsha town size minus other sub towns like Obosi, Nkpor, Ogidi, Ogunike, Nkwelle, Ogbaru, Oba and Nsugbe

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

Below aerial coverage is Ogbaru one of the sub towns that make up Onitsha metropolis, Ogbaru is another local government outside Onitsha north and south

Watch the video and feed your eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jB295tCIw
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109656544:

Below aerial coverage is Ogbaru one of the sub towns that make up Onitsha metropolis, Ogbaru is another local government outside Onitsha north and south

Watch the video and feed your eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jB295tCIw
I will not watch the video
Make your point or naff off
What is Onitsha metropolis?

Define it

You just wake up and start manufacturing your own facts
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

This is Obosi in Idemili north local government another neighbouring town to Onitsha watch and feed your ignorant mind, we are in 21st century, download 3D or 4D satellite map to help yourself.

Obosi town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumRSP3n9YI

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:
I will not watch the video
Make your point or naff off
What is Onitsha metropolis?

Define it

You just wake up and start manufacturing your own facts
That's why you will continue to swim in ignorance, imagine comparing UI to Onitsha grin grin grin is UI bigger than Unizik
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109656658:

This is Obosi in Idemili north local government another neighbouring town to Onitsha watch and feed your ignorant mind, we are in 21st century, download 3D or 4D satellite map to help yourself.

Obosi town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumRSP3n9YI

This is Fela at his best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_bLL7ZGns
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109656717:

That's why you will continue to swim in ignorance, imagine comparing UI to Onitsha grin grin grin is UI bigger than Unizik
I do not recall mentioning UI. Onye amaru akukwo

What has UNIZIK got to do with this conversation? Is it in Onitsha? How is UNIZIK in any remote way connected to what we are talking about?
And you think this Obtuse remark merits those inane smileys
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

What has UNIZIK got to do with this conversation? Is it in Onitsha? How is UNIZIK in any remote way connected to what we are talking about?
And this is where you're comparing to Onitsha grin waiting person no go see for nairaland

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by bomb24: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Interesting assertion! And where do the Yoruba live? smiley
don't stress yourself with that nigga.
who doesn't know yorubas are synonymous with slums.
e get reason why we dey call them slum candidates.
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

This is how Google satellite highlighted Onitsha metropolis, you can see not just Onitsha town, download the app on your phone and type Onitsha Google will cure your ignorance

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109657428:

This is how Google satellite highlighted Onitsha metropolis, you can see not just Onitsha town, download the app on your phone and type Onitsha Google will cure your ignorance
You think you are discussing with clowns?

You just jump from one tree to another and expect me to follow you?

What has UNIZIK got to do with this conversation?

At what point did I mention UI?
Metropolis ko
Nigerian Police ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:
You think you are discussing with clowns?

You just jump from one tree to another and expect me to follow you?

What has UNIZIK got to do with this conversation?

At what point did I mention UI?
Metropolis ko
Nigerian Police ni
Of course you are clown after smoking Ibadan weed
you will be comparing OAU campus to a city grin
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
post=109657717:

Of course you are clown after smoking Ibadan weed
you will be comparing OAU campus to a city grin
The comparison is in terms of size
OAU is bigger than Onitsha
Onitsha is whatever it is as a result of federal presence
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by sherlock229(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
post=109655763:

Anu Lagos is well planned right? Lagos Island is even better part of Lagos not to talk main land and other slum areas in Lagos grin grin
even as those buildings looks like they've suffered from lack of maintenance,they are still more planned than Anambra now ,now imagine them in their glory days,Lagos Island slaps Anambra in everything...
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by OFFICIAL336: 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
I am in Ibadan now. I pity Yorubas. All their development is on paper. Nothing on ground. No wonder they want die put for Lagos
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by OFFICIAL336: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
sherlock229:
even as those buildings looks like they've suffered from lack of maintenance,they are still more planned than Anambra now ,now imagine them in their glory days,Lagos Island slaps Anambra in everything...
You no dey even shame a city the Russians helped your ancestors to tear to the ground is competing with your beloved Lagos.

Let's remove Lagos, no single other SW city stands Onitsha.

FACT
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by ba7man(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
OFFICIAL336:
I am in Ibadan now. I pity Yorubas. All their development is on paper. Nothing on ground. No wonder they want die put for Lagos
You must be in an Ibadan ghetto to arrive at this conclusion.

You no sabi anybody for fresh location?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by ba7man(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

You no dey even shame a city the Russians helped your ancestors to tear to the ground is competing with your beloved Lagos.

Let's remove Lagos, no single other SW city stands Onitsha.

FACT
Onitsha is like a big Idumota . Very rowdy, dirty, haphazardly designed , i never wind down my window when driving through cuz i don't even want to breathe it's air and I'm always glad to be out of there everytime.

It's large but to be honest, it's rubbish, not worth boasting about.

Give me Enugu, Owerri, even Awka anyday........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Tochj(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
Cosbyrich:
Onitsha is just 52 sq km according to google.Lagos is more than 1171 sq km and much more,more developed than the entire Igboland.
Onitsha is a town in Anambra
While Lagos is a state
The comparison shud be btw
Lagos and Anambra
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by OFFICIAL336: 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
ba7man:
You must be in an Ibadan ghetto to arrive at this conclusion.

You no sabi anybody for fresh location?
I am in Ondo now, just in front of FUTA. I am going to Abuja from Lagos.

SW is criminally overrated.

The way you guys boasts on Nairaland someoned who never visited will think it's more developed than Dubai.

I shook my head in shame when I passed Ile Ife.

Na only mouth una get.

I read in one made in Yoruba analysis that Akure is in top 10 most beautiful capital cities in Nigeria.

This proves you guys don't travel.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by ba7man(m): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

I am in Ondo now, just in front of FUTA. I am going to Abuja from Lagos.

SW is criminally overrated.

The way you guys boasts on Nairaland someoned who never visited will think it's more developed than Dubai.

I shook my head in shame when I passed Ile Ife.

Na only mouth una get.

I read in one made in Yoruba analysis that Akure is in top 10 most beautiful capital cities in Nigeria.

This proves you guys don't travel.
What are you chatting??

Isn't it your people that keep denigrating Southwest constantly, especially Ibadan till we started posting pics of the better areas?

I've been all over the Southeast and you guys are the ones that overhype those your towns and villages, calling them names like Small London, Japan and Dubai of Africa etc but are just empty buildings in the bushes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by aribisala0(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tochj:

Onitsha is a town in Anambra
While Lagos is a state
The comparison shud be btw
Lagos and Anambra
Lagos is a city within Lagos state that used to be the former federal capital
There are several other cities in Lagos State

Lagos is not the only city with the same name as its state
e.g

Enugu
Ondo
Sokoto
Bauchi
Kano
Kaduna
Oyo
Ondo
Katsina

1 Like

Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by Tochj(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2022
aribisala0:

e.g

Enugu
Ondo
Sokoto
Bauchi
Kano
Kaduna
Oyo
Ondo
Katsina
Which city inside a city
Are you sure you know where Lagos is?
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by walefresh3(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
aribisala0:

e.g

Enugu
Ondo
Sokoto
Bauchi
Kano
Kaduna
Oyo
Ondo
Katsina
you just dey disturb yourself with dis people... Onitsha wey no get project worth 6m dollars dey compare itself with almighty Lagos...everypart of Lagos develop pass onitsha...Oyo State it's developed than all ibo states...
Re: Lagos Vs Onitsha: Images Show How The Cities Have Become Similar by walefresh3(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
I always ask myself , why do ibo always lie to themselves ? Why...
No capital projects that worth 6 billion dollars in any ibo City... Purchasing power there is poor.. igr is very poor... If I may ask ... Pls can you tell us what make onitha the richest city...

Onisha wey no man worth 500m dollars dey live.... No international airport...
It's not generating anything compare to asaba.... For natural resources , onisha poor , capital resources , onitha poor , human resources onisha poor....No popular celebrate or recognized government officials that live there...

Abeg the only place you can call a rich city in Nigeria it's ETI OSA LG In lagos... Followed by garki / maitama in Abuja , port Harcourt , asaba , ibadan and any other south south cities...
Reasons I placed ibadan above all cities in ibo Land is this...
8 months of vat report showed that ibadan alone generated more money from purchasing power than the whole of Southeast....

IBADAN GENERATED 69B
SOUTHEAST GENERATED 29B

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Serving Reps, Badaru’s Aide Dump APC For PDP In Jigawa / What Does Nigeria Contribute To The World? / Efcc Re-arraigns Femi Fani-kayode On 47-count Charge Of Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.