Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? (525 Views)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / I Saw Told I Have A Viral Infection / How Do I Cure Lip Infection?modified: I've just been diagnosed with herpes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by umuerri1(m): 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
I’ve had stomach cramps for a year now off and l. Accompanied with typhoid
Now I have severe weight loss, constant pooping, and intermittent appetite.

Went to the hospital this morning and did a Stool test and they found Giardiasis
Could it be responsible for my weight loss?? I’m so scared also doctor told me my blood level is 30% also I have typhoid
Could that be responsible for the blood level?
Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by Charleys: 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
umuerri1:
I’ve had stomach cramps for a year now off and l. Accompanied with typhoid
Now I have severe weight loss, constant pooping, and intermittent appetite.

Went to the hospital this morning and did a Stool test and they found Giardiasis
Could it be responsible for my weight loss?? I’m so scared also doctor told me my blood level is 30% also I have typhoid
Could that be responsible for the blood level?

Why did you not ask the doctor all these questions?

1 Like

Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by eliyke(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
:ojesus,only you?

Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by umuerri1(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Charleys:

Why did you not ask the doctor all these questions?

I did
Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by missyojo(f): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2022
I'm having exactly what you are experiencing now thou mine is constant stooling after eating and weight loss. Dr said it Diarrhea, she didn't prescribed drugs for me. instead she asked me to go an run Tryiod scan and see an Encrimi ologist. Before now, I have done some scan like ECG, TFT, Urinalysis etc.

Please did your Dr prescribed drugs for you. If yes, please kindly put out the name here.
Thank you
Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by umuerri1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
missyojo:
I'm having exactly what you are experiencing now thou mine is constant stooling after eating and weight loss. Dr said it Diarrhea, she didn't prescribed drugs for me. instead she asked me to go an run Tryiod scan and see an Encrimi ologist. Before now, I have done some scan like ECG, TFT, Urinalysis etc.

Please did your Dr prescribed drugs for you. If yes, please kindly put out the name here.
Thank you

Bro how did your test results come out with the ECG and urinalysis? My urinalysis came out normal but I haven’t done ECG I believe there is nothing wrong with my heart,
And yeah I just started treatments this evening.. They put me on ciprotab IV drips for Typhoid so far then metronidazole for infection as regards intestinal problems and infections
And some few drugs too, I’d complete the list for you when I get home.. The doc also gave me Some ulcer drugs too e.g Omeprazole.

Brother, here’s my WhatsApp number 07053485466
Re: Just Been Told I Have Giardiasis, What’s That?? by missyojo(f): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
umuerri1:

Bro how did your test results come out with the ECG and urinalysis? My urinalysis came out normal but I haven’t done ECG I believe there is nothing wrong with my heart,
And yeah I just started treatments this evening.. They put me on ciprotab IV drips for Typhoid so far then metronidazole for infection as regards intestinal problems and infections
And some few drugs too, I’d complete the list for you when I get home.. The doc also gave me Some ulcer drugs too e.g Omeprazole.

Brother, here’s my WhatsApp number 07053485466

I'm not a Bro. I'm a female
I have an heart beat issue called heart palpitations. My heart beats faster than usual that's why Dr said I should go and do some scans and test. I have been booked to see a cardiologist for heart next month.

Then as regards the stooling and weight Loss, Dr ask me to go and do Tyriod scan after have done Tyriod test oo. She then booked me to see an Endocrinologist next week.

I wasn't given drugs only BP drug was given to me.
One of the scan showed fibroid, I don't know if it's the ECG as I left the results in my office while urinalysis is normal. After showing her all the results from the scan and test too she asked me to go and redo urinalysis and Left blood something something, samples of my blood was taken from my left arm.

Please kindly help me check the name of the drugs for the stooling and weight loss.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Finally There's A Cure To That Illness - Faforon / 3 Causes Of Death During Childbirth, Everybody Should Know / Get A Good Website For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.