Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,543 members, 7,837,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia (969 Views)

Israeli Tanks And Troops Enter Rafah As Ceasefire Talks Collapse / Arnold Schwarzenegger Makes Direct Plea To Putin, Russians, And Troops / Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Biodun556(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Biodun556(m): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by MangekyoAlt: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
cheesy grin
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Jokerman(m): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Let me see anyone that will mention USA��here
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
And if Russia send weapons to Cuba and Iran
Same UK will be crying

1 Like

Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Cizarr(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
Unverified news
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Cizarr:
Unverified news
It’s real
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by vedaxcool(m): 2:00am On Jan 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
And if Russia send weapons to Cuba and Iran
Same UK will be crying

They have done worse, remember how they supported Taliban?

Like I said in our previous conversation, a country no matter how small will try to defend their honour, this is what punishing Ukraine for their irrational fear of NATO will eventually lead to conflicts by its border that will costly in the long run.

Ukraine is a sovereign country and must not be invaded because of sovereign decisions it makes
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 2:12am On Jan 20, 2022
Russia support Talibans with weapons?
Where did you get your fake news? Because even the USA did not report this your fake news
vedaxcool:

Like I said in our previous conversation, a country no matter how small will try to defend their honour, this is what punishing Ukraine for their irrational fear of NATO will eventually lead to conflicts by its border that will costly in the long run.

Ukraine is a sovereign country and must not be invaded because of sovereign decisions it makes
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by dermmy(m): 8:07am On Jan 20, 2022
vedaxcool:

But Cuba made that sovereign decision when it approached the USSR in 1962 for the deployment of missiles on its soil in order to discourage another U.S. CIA led invasion of Cuba. What was the result? Americans couldn't sleep after they discovered Cuba was hosting USSR ballistic missiles. They started threatening Cuba with invasion and even a possible tactical nuclear strike. They even violated Cuba's airspace severally with their reconaissance planes.

This is just double standard. Any nation that is security conscious won't allow itself to be encircled by an alliance that is known for its hegemonic expansion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Hanibbal(m): 9:43am On Jan 20, 2022
dermmy:

But Cuba made that sovereign decision when it approached the USSR in 1962 for the deployment of missiles on its soil in order to discourage another U.S. CIA led invasion of Cuba. What was the result? Americans couldn't sleep after they discovered Cuba was hosting USSR ballistic missiles. They started threatening Cuba with invasion and even a possible tactical nuclear strike. They even violated Cuba's airspace severally with their reconaissance planes.

This is just double standard. Any nation that is security conscious won't allow itself to be encircled by an alliance that is known for its hegemonic expansion.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by Fimly: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
dermmy:

But Cuba made that sovereign decision when it approached the USSR in 1962 for the deployment of missiles on its soil in order to discourage another U.S. CIA led invasion of Cuba. What was the result? Americans couldn't sleep after they discovered Cuba was hosting USSR ballistic missiles. They staruted threatening Cuba with invasion and even a possible tactical nuclear strike. They even violated Cuba's airspace severally with their reconaissance planes.

You really have time to address his risible selective blindness or should i say ignorance.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by vedaxcool(m): 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2022
dermmy:

There is really no double standards as Russia is doing exactly what the US did but worse, it has annexed Ukraine's Territory. It has ceased Crimea, prevented Ukraine from passing through certain territorial waters, yet it is not satisfied, it wants war and intends to fully annex Eastern parts of Ukraine where it claims members.

My point is simple, when America bullied Cuba then it was wrong, Russia actions in Ukraine still remains wrong.

While most have taken pro America or Russia, I simply stand with Ukraine which shouldn't suffer for making sovereign decisions.

While I agree with you any nation that has NATO at its borders should be worried a more appropriate action for Russia is to seek countries close to the US and do the same, but abusing International norms set dangerous precedents that makes might right rather than law which might lead to war.

If you recall, Castro shot down an American reconaissance plane down during the missiles crisis. My point has always been countries won't wait for whatever games the US or Russia are playing to stand for their national pride!
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by vedaxcool(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
seunny4lif:
Russia support Talibans with weapons?
Where did you get your fake news? Because even the USA did not report this your fake news

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.amp.html

This is worse!

Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
vedaxcool:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.amp.html

This is worse!
Lol
Why will Russia offer Talibans €100K to kill American troops when same US troops are already planning to withdraw from Afghan since 2 years early.

USA official even deny it
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by dermmy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
vedaxcool:

There is really no double standards as Russia is doing exactly what the US did but worse, it has annexed Ukraine's Territory. It has ceased Crimea, prevented Ukraine from passing through certain territorial waters, yet it is not satisfied, it wants war and intends to fully annex Eastern parts of Ukraine where it claims members.

My point is simple, when America bullied Cuba then it was wrong, Russia actions in Ukraine still remains wrong.

While most have taken pro America or Russia, I simply stand with Ukraine which shouldn't suffer for making sovereign decisions.

While I agree with you any nation that has NATO at its borders should be worried a more appropriate action for Russia is to seek countries close to the US and do the same, but abusing International norms set dangerous precedents that makes might right rather than law which might lead to war .

If you recall, Castro shot down an American reconaissance plane down during the missiles crisis. My point has always been countries won't wait for whatever games the US or Russia are playing to stand for their national pride!

Do you know how many international norms America and its allied partners have abused. Do you know how many dangerous precedents they have set? Russia is just taking a page from their playbook.

This is politics you know? Russia is free to do whatever it deems necessary to counter the west. The west keep doing what is against Russia's interest. The west started the destabilization of Ukraine before Russia came in. The colour revolution they instigated in Georgia and Ukraine didn't go well with Russia. The uprising the west formented in 2014 after Viktor Yanukovych rejected an offer to bring Ukraine into the EU led to the overthrow of Viktor Yanukovych.

The west can't just use thuggery to absorb all Russia's sphere of influence without expecting any response from Russia. Watch and enjoy the game.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by vedaxcool(m): 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
dermmy:

Do you know how many international norms America and its allied partners have abused. Do you know how many dangerous precedents they have set? Russia is just taking a page from their playbook.

This is politics you know? Russia is free to do whatever it deems necessary to counter the west. The west keep doing what is against Russia's interest. The west started the destabilization of Ukraine before Russia came in. The colour revolution they instigated in Georgia and Ukraine didn't go well with Russia. The uprising the west formented in 2014 after Viktor Yanukovych rejected an offer to bring Ukraine into the EU led to the overthrow of Viktor Yanukovych.

The west can't just use thuggery to absorb all Russia's sphere of influence without any response from Russia. Watch and enjoy the game.

Enjoy the politics then. But a word of caution, if you denounce US behaviour then turn around to use the same behaviour as a basis to justify Russia's actions which includes invasion, stealing lands of Ukraine, induced civil wars etc. Then you have accepted and legitimise their actions as being right. If US induced a change of government in Kiev without a single soldier on Ukraine's soil, then why can't Russia repeat similar feat instead of the needless civil war?

When I say going against international norms , I speak of them repeating such actions against other countries or other countries coping same. Then imagine the same happening to your country? You see US and Russia are two sides of the same coin, they rely on the rest of humanity to legitimise whatever puerile squabble they can come up with, whenever the rest of humanity fail to rise above their innocuous stupidity, they win!
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by vedaxcool(m): 10:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
seunny4lif:

Lol
Why will Russia offer Talibans €100K to kill American troops when same US troops are already planning to withdraw from Afghan since 2 years early.

Learn to be honest you claimed that I brought up a baseless news I just showed you facts that it is clearly emanated from the US government, so your false allegation should be withdrawn. Whether it is true or not wasn't your contention.

Unlike you Russian hailers I don't buy the American crap of being some sort of messianic country trying to save the rest of humanity.

I am not even for America I understand that both countries over the years have been in the habit of supporting each other's enemy in Vietnam for instance Russia supported the Vietnamese cogs to fight against the US which inflicted a heavy cost on them while in Afghanistan the US supported the resistance to fight against the Russians which also leads to serious problems for them.

So Russia repeating the same thing is not out of place, it is just a long line of both countries playing with human lives and destroy humanity without any concern.

This victimhood story that you Russian hailers are parading is absurd to the extreme. Ukraine is the victim of Russians action and that is just the simple point I am making whether you will get it or you don't get it remains your problem it makes little or no sense why any emerging economy citizen will be rushing arms in the air to justify the actions of a country that has been in the habit of only colonialism but imperialism of different kinds justifying such behaviours makes no sense but it in your world it makes absolute sense and I accept that.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by dermmy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
vedaxcool:

Enjoy the politics then. But a word of caution, if you denounce US behaviour then turn around to use the same behaviour as a basis to justify Russia's actions which includes invasion, stealing lands of Ukraine, induced civil wars etc. Then you have accepted and legitimise their actions as being right. If US induced a change of government in Kiev without a single soldier on Ukraine's soil, then why can't Russia repeat similar feat instead of the needless civil war?

When I say going against international norms , I speak of them repeating such actions against other countries or other countries coping same. Then imagine the same happening to your country? You see US and Russia are two sides of the same coin, they rely on the rest of humanity to legitimise whatever puerile squabble they can come up with, whenever the rest of humanity fail to rise above their innocuous stupidity, they win!

There is nothing new Russia is doing that the U.S. has not done worse. Russia is just taking a page from U.S. playbook.

1 Like

Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
All this your long story don’t Change the fact that the news was fake just like same news said Saddam have WMD or Libyans are suffering under Gadaffi or Assad government used gas on rebels when same Assad already defected the same rebels
vedaxcool:

Learn to be honest you claimed that I brought up a baseless news I just showed you facts that it is clearly emanated from the US government, so your false allegation should be withdrawn. Whether it is true or not wasn't your contention.

Unlike you Russian hailers I don't buy the American crap of being some sort of messianic country trying to save the rest of humanity.

I am not even for America I understand that both countries over the years have been in the habit of supporting each other's enemy in Vietnam for instance Russia supported the Vietnamese cogs to fight against the US which inflicted a heavy cost on them while in Afghanistan the US supported the resistance to fight against the Russians which also leads to serious problems for them.

So Russia repeating the same thing is not out of place, it is just a long line of both countries playing with human lives and destroy humanity without any concern.

This victimhood story that you Russian hailers are parading is absurd to the extreme. Ukraine is the victim of Russians action and that is just the simple point I am making whether you will get it or you don't get it remains your problem it makes little or no sense why any emerging economy citizen will be rushing arms in the air to justify the actions of a country that has been in the habit of only colonialism but imperialism of different kinds justifying such behaviours makes no sense but it in your world it makes absolute sense and I accept that.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by olugabbie(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2022
vedaxcool:

I believe in equality. If Mexico decides to form military alliance with China today, will the US allow it to happen?

A sovereign country has the right to protect itself by any means. But when a country's right to security is violating another country's right to security, then it is unacceptable. Iranian nuclear program is for two things, power (electricity) & security (nuclear weapon). If Iran becomes a nuclear state today, the likes of Israel & US will stop threatening to destroy Iran. So to Iran nuclear weapon guaranties security. But to the rest of the world, it creates insecurity. Ukraine shares a huge land border with Russia. If Ukraine becomes NATO member, the security of the Russia will be compromised. It is a fact.

I am not pro-Russia. I am pro common sense. Let's put US in Russian shoes, before we judge the Russians.

2 Likes

Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by olugabbie(m): 7:57am On Jan 23, 2022
seunny4lif:

Lol

This is an allegation that jas not been proven.
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by seunny4lif(m): 11:15am On Jan 23, 2022
olugabbie:

This is an allegation that jas not been proven.
I know
That is what I was trying to prove to him then he said I’m pro-Russia
Once you disagree with them then you are called Anti-USA grin

I witnessed how NATO destroyed Libya and watched many of friends killed by so called (Freedom Terrorists) oh I mean fighters according to NATO and those useless Gulf nations
They destroyed Libya
Re: Britain, Canada Send Weapons and Troops To Ukraine To Defend Against Russia by leofab(f): 1:21am On Jan 25, 2022
Politics

(1) (Reply)

OPEC Backlash ; Saudi Prince Indirectly Warns Of Global Jihad Against The US / Is Geneva The City Satan Lives? / Watch Video Subway Comparison: Russia Vs The USA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.