Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,898 members, 7,866,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:19 PM

Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People (403 Views)

Horrific Bloodshed And Killings In Oyigbo: Full Story By Premium Times (Photos) / Pat Utomi: Fulanis Made Me Rich, They Did More For Me Than My Own People / Punch Newspaper Cartoon About Buhari And Killings In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by Ajmoziz(m): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
So yesterday was reading about the activities of the Taliban in Afghanistan and that sent me down a metaphorical rabbit hole through most of the conflicts going through the world right now. I will not bore you with the details but then I started to see pick up certain similarities.
For a long while,I always wondered what the sit at home orders are for.like it is weakening the economy of a region already weakened, combined with the ruthless and merciless killings of several individuals especially indigenes who " have made it" and I heard kidnapping is joining the menu now.
So what could be the reasons for hurting people you say you want to save from the tyranny of those up north.
And I think I have gotten something of an answer and I am praying I am wrong.its a radicalisation strategy,that's all it is
Presently the average Igbo man doesn't actually believe in Biafran,most people think that there really is no point,some even bring up the case of South Sudan that has been in civil war since their establishment. as long as things are okay for him,he doesn't mind,marginalization does not matter to him,he has a good life,he can eat,he can work,he feels safe,he is okay with his quiet life and if he sees an opportunity for him or any of his children to leave the country for greener pastures,he will take it. So Nigeria or Biafra ,whatever they are doing,na for their pocket.average man thoughts .
But now these things are being threatened,his small business 8s dying out due to sit at home,his children's education are suffering,his hopes of japa growing slim by the day,he doesn't feel safe at all.and worst the apathetic nature of those in power to do anything,yes he knows,deep inside him, they have never cared but now it's glaring no body cares at all.
Then theres the hate . anytime any news that dare mention about east or Igbo, people start coming out of the woodwork to insult,to point fingers,to just plainly display their hatred.
So here's the man,no hope of leaving,no hope of survival, suffering hatred for just existing.and someone comes along and tells him,in Biafra none of these things could have happened to him,and the only way to ensure his children do not suffer it is to fight for it and hands him a gun.with the education standard dropping,brain washing will be a whole lot easier and getting people to die for a cause will not be hard anymore.my two cents anyway
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by Jessi04: 3:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by heniford2: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Trying to understand this Op buh looks like his brain has been sold for few coins

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by Ajmoziz(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
heniford2:
Trying to understand this Op buh looks like his brain has been sold for few coins
What are you having problems with,I might need to tweak the write up a bit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by heniford2: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ajmoziz:

What are you having problems with,I might need to tweak the write up a bit
all
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by Ajmoziz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
heniford2:
all
All is not an answer
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by udele1: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by Muna4real(f): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ajmoziz:
So yesterday was reading about the activities of the Taliban in Afghanistan and that sent me down a metaphorical rabbit hole through most of the conflicts going through the world right now. I will not bore you with the details but then I started to see pick up certain similarities.
For a long while,I always wondered what the sit at home orders are for.like it is weakening the economy of a region already weakened, combined with the ruthless and merciless killings of several individuals especially indigenes who " have made it" and I heard kidnapping is joining the menu now.
So what could be the reasons for hurting people you say you want to save from the tyranny of those up north.
And I think I have gotten something of an answer and I am praying I am wrong.its a radicalisation strategy,that's all it is
Presently the average Igbo man doesn't actually believe in Biafran,most people think that there really is no point,some even bring up the case of South Sudan that has been in civil war since their establishment. as long as things are okay for him,he doesn't mind,marginalization does not matter to him,he has a good life,he can eat,he can work,he feels safe,he is okay with his quiet life and if he sees an opportunity for him or any of his children to leave the country for greener pastures,he will take it. So Nigeria or Biafra ,whatever they are doing,na for their pocket.average man thoughts .
But now these things are being threatened,his small business 8s dying out due to sit at home,his children's education are suffering,his hopes of japa growing slim by the day,he doesn't feel safe at all.and worst the apathetic nature of those in power to do anything,yes he knows,deep inside him, they have never cared but now it's glaring no body cares at all.
Then theres the hate . anytime any news that dare mention about east or Igbo, people start coming out of the woodwork to insult,to point fingers,to just plainly display their hatred.
So here's the man,no hope of leaving,no hope of survival, suffering hatred for just existing.and someone comes along and tells him,in Biafra none of these things could have happened to him,and the only way to ensure his children do not suffer it is to fight for it and hands him a gun.with the education standard dropping,brain washing will be a whole lot easier and getting people to die for a cause will not be hard anymore.my two cents anyway

This one is decieving himself. Which Igbo man are you talking about? The one in your dreams?
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by udele1: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Ipob And The Perceived Advantages Of Sit At Home And Killings Of It's Own People by heniford2: 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ajmoziz:

All is not an answer
then get the Answer since all is not the Answer naw grin

(1) (Reply)

Federal Executive Council Pegs New Fuel Price(pms) At N302 Per Liter / Is It True CBN Is Mopping Up N5, N10 Notes Out Of Circulation? / PDP To Reduce LASG Daily Driver Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.