Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban (34174 Views)

Nigerians Take Protests To Mansions Of Politicians / Breakdown Of Politicians Whose Certificates Of Return Were Withdrawn By INEC / Photos Of Politicians And Celebrities At The Polling Booth #NigeriaElection2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by clockwisereport: 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Channels tv fall my hand on this one
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by anyilalaz: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
All leant from the federal government who are in habit of disobeying court orders.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by lincoln08541(m): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nairaland will not like the suspension of Twitter ban
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by IbileIfe: 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
You forgot
247 Nigeria (@247nigeria) / Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/247nigeria
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by pode(m): 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Warris dis, my name is not here, I no go grin
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by luluman: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
smokeindasky:
And so what?
better shut up
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Crafteck1: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Is this necessary
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Druss(m): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Why is my name missing from the list?
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by addicted2Christ: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
aspabay:
I just want someone to explain to me how we lost N10B because of the ban.

And also tell us how much we have made since the unbanning

1. Lots of people advertise and sell stuffs on Twitter. All these add to d per capital income and provide a means for these people to meet their needs. The ban means the Twitter channel was blocked
2. There were some Nigerian influencers who make money on Twitter by mere posting. This too was greatly affected
All these money are pumped back into d Nigerian society. Even govt taxes from these money were missed.
The bedrock of any economy are d Small scale businesses. The ban on Twitter affected a part of this sector... Now, u understand how d country lost money!
Thank u.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by supereagle(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2022
Y
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Fcwilly: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
You forgot to include my name
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by MemoriesAndMe: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Exther:
So they were being monitored? I commend them for not obeying that wicked command
I tire o. I never thought anyone has the time to monitor anyone when all Nigerian youths we're still using Twitter regardless
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by aspabay(m): 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
addicted2Christ:

1. Lots of people advertise and sell stuffs on Twitter. All these add to d per capital income and provide a means for these people to meet their needs. The ban means the Twitter channel was blocked
2. There were some Nigerian influencers who make money on Twitter by mere posting. This too was greatly affected
All these money are pumped back into d Nigerian society. Even govt taxes from these money were missed.
The bedrock of any economy are d Small scale businesses. The ban on Twitter affected a part of this sector... Now, u understand how d country lost money!
Thank u.

Thank you.
How did we come about that amount? Extimates?

Twitter started in 2006, became popular in Nigeria around 2008/2009, can the extimators tell us how much we have made from Twitter since then?

Don't forget Twitter is not the only social media or advert platform available for business owners. Did they also abandon Facebook, Instagram, emails, TikTok, Whatsapp etc? This is even aside those who used VPN to access Twitter.
Going by your explanation, I guess Nigeria will go bankrupt if social media is banned completely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Blackdisciple(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2022
So what about it, shebi dem don uplift the ban
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by smallsmall: 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Even that useless "Liar Mohammed" defied the Twitter Ban, so whats the big deal?
We just have a Mannequin in Aso Rock, datz'all

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by happney65: 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
I'm not a fan of Twitter. But to the public office holders who are members of the APC that defied the ban,I say a big thank you.

A defeat against tryanny and oppressing the voice of the people

E ni ku re
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by tollyboy5(m): 12:16am On Jan 19, 2022
doggedfighter:
To the brave hearts that didn't cower.

Respect !

May the oppressive oppressors on the throne and yet seeking to replicate themselves thus elongating and
prolonging suffering be permanently put to shame .

May they be swallowed by the snakes they bred.

May they be silenced by their own guns.

May the hungry , young and poor whose conscience they bought so cheaply regain their sanity.
Lol, i like you

1 Like

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by blackaxe78: 1:20am On Jan 19, 2022
And Peter Obi will be forming states man.

Chinese!
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Bamzyriches451: 3:02am On Jan 19, 2022
They banned and unbanned theirselfs
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by TheGift: 4:56am On Jan 19, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see more Nigerians and firms defining government orders between now and 2023.

This I have seen.

Defying.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by ufotunang: 7:24am On Jan 19, 2022
They did not allow Nigerians to access Twitter so all those politicians that accessed and used Twitter during the ban should be arrested immediately
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by addicted2Christ: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2022
aspabay:

Thank you.
How did we come about that amount? Extimates?

Twitter started in 2006, became popular in Nigeria around 2008/2009, can the extimators tell us how much we have made from Twitter since then?

Don't forget Twitter is not the only social media or advert platform available for business owners. Did they also abandon Facebook, Instagram, emails, TikTok, Whatsapp etc? This is even aside those who used VPN to access Twitter.
Going by your explanation, I guess Nigeria will go bankrupt if social media is banned completely.

Ok sir. I really love to be objective and set partisan politics aside when issues like ds are being analyzed.
Just so u know, Lagos Chamber of Commerce (LCC) which is quite knowledgeable in that sector and would av done their due diligence gave that indices. Meanwhile, do u understand what Per capital income means? It doesn't mean money in the hand of the govt, just so u know! We can't deny that the world has changed in d 21st century. Social media play a massive role.
Truth is: This govt has failed in all areas. Denying pple "freedom of expression" is just a Hallmark of their failure.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by aspabay(m): 9:53am On Jan 19, 2022
addicted2Christ:

Ok sir. I really love to be objective and set partisan politics aside when issues like ds are being analyzed.
Just so u know, Lagos Chamber of Commerce (LCC) which is quite knowledgeable in that sector and would av done their due diligence gave that indices. Meanwhile, do u understand what Per capital income means? It doesn't mean money in the hand of the govt, just so u know! We can't deny that the world has changed in d 21st century. Social media play a massive role.
Truth is: This govt has failed in all areas. Denying pple "freedom of expression" is just a Hallmark of their failure.

I am an Economist, I know what I am talking about.

Have you read the multiple counter analysis to the LCC postulation? Have you read up the affiliation of the LCC chair which influenced her statements?
Is there anything yet from NBS?

Oh, I see, your analysis is because you feel the government has failed in other areas and so we need to make this look bad as much as can be too.
I am not here to discuss freedom of expression (whatever that means because there are several other SM and outlets to speak your mind), but the impact of the Twitter ban. Do not change the goal post.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by Doyou2019: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
doggedfighter:
To the brave hearts that didn't cower.

Respect !

May the oppressive oppressors on the throne and yet seeking to replicate themselves thus elongating and
prolonging suffering be permanently put to shame .

May they be swallowed by the snakes they bred.

May they be silenced by their own guns.

May the hungry , young and poor whose conscience they bought so cheaply regain their sanity.

FTC well-utilized, for a change grin

How I love you for this, Ma'am!

1 Like

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by doggedfighter(f): 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
Doyou2019:

FTC well-utilized, for a change grin

How I love you for this, Ma'am!

I love you too,papi kiss

1 Like

Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by mrikay: 4:57am On Jan 22, 2022
aspabay:
I just want someone to explain to me how we lost N10B because of the ban.

And also tell us how much we have made since the unbanning

I can answer that if you really want to learn.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by aspabay(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2022
mrikay:

I can answer that if you really want to learn.

I'm listening.
Re: List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban by mrikay: 7:07am On Jan 22, 2022
aspabay:

I'm listening.

Okay. Good Morning. I am sorry of I sounded high handed before. I thought you were one of those BMC guys.

Twitter is more than a social media platform: it is a market place. Many sellers use the platform to sell their products within the local economy. A particular type of business I have noticed doing well on twitter was clothing and shoes.

The total amount of sales (turn over and profits) made by the individual sellers , when put together would exceed 10s of billions. The truth is that the Nigerian economy is worth 100s of billions so if you minus the money from twitter and other platforms... you might not feel the impact. But that does not mean that businesses didn't suffer and people were not forced to go hungry.

Personally, I use twitter to promote my blog. When oyibo people read my articles they see adverts and advertisers (not google adsense o) pays me. The money is small but if thousands or hundreds of us do it you can imagine how much of foreign currency is coming into the country.

I hope you understand. Happy Sunday!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

European Union Answers El-rufai: We Only Go To Countries That Invite Us / Buhari & Tyranny : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri! See Why / Fayose Receives Wike At Akure Airport (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.