Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

What Is The Curse Of Adam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Curse Of Adam? (494 Views)

The Curse In Sleeping With A Married Woman / How I Overcome The Curse Of Hatred = Rejection / Little Things You Do That Will Trigger The Curse Of Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2022
What is the curse of Adam? Is man still under the curse of Adam? Was Adam ever forgiven?
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
tctrills:
What is the curse of Adam? Is man still under the curse of Adam? Was Adam ever forgiven?
Read of God's curse and Judgment against Adam in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided

And God never took the curse off of Adam and His descendants. Rather, God sent Jesus Christ to mankind to redeem all those who will trust and submit to him will receive Salvation from the curse and judgment. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Truvelisback(m): 12:01am On Jan 19, 2022
God didn't curse the man because man was created in his own image and after His own likeness rather God cursed the earth for man's sake.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:34am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Read of God's curse and Judgment against Adam in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided

And God never took the curse off of Adam and His descendants. Rather, God sent Jesus Christ to mankind to redeem all those who will trust and submit to him will receive Salvation from the curse and judgment. undecided
Ok, thanks for your contribution.
But have you read 1 Corinthians 15:22?
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:36am On Jan 19, 2022
Truvelisback:
God didn't curse the man because man was created in his own image and after His own likeness rather God cursed the earth for man's sake.
Same thing, just different language. I am not sure you would be too happy if someone curses the earth for your sake.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

Ok, thanks for your contribution.
But have you read 1 Corinthians 15:22?
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Ok? What is meant to be my takeaway from that? undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
Same thing, just different language. I am not sure you would be too happy if someone curses the earth for your sake.
It isn't the same thing as all, and God did lift the curse He placed on the earth. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:51am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ok? What is meant to be my takeaway from that? undecided
All men were cursed with death but through Christ, all men are saved from death. One man brought the curse to all, another man took the curse away from all.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:54am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It isn't the same thing as all, and God did lift the curse He placed on the earth. undecided
What is a curse? You cant curse the earth on my behalf and tell me I am not the one you cursed. Man was going to suffer simple.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
What is a curse? You cant curse the earth on my behalf and tell me I am not the one you cursed. Man was going to suffer simple.
God’s did curse the earth with intention of making life hard for man but He eventually took away that particular curse but not others, so man remains cursed. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

All men were cursed with death but through Christ, all men are saved from death. One man brought the curse to all, another man took the curse away from all.
Are all men in Christ? undecided

All men in Adam implies all those descended from Adam, however all men in Christ does not refer to all men in Adam but instead to those who are in Jesus Christ and according to Jesus Christ they are those who are in the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world. And this is what Jesus Christ taught to us in John 3 vs 16 - 21. Whosoever believes in Him - only those who believe in Him are granted eternal life, redemption from Death. undecided. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:07am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God’s did curse the earth with intention of making life hard for man but He eventually took away that particular curse but not others, so man remains cursed. undecided
Yae until Christ took away the curse of death or is there another curse you are talking about?
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:08am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are all men in Christ? undecided

All men in Adam implies all those descended from Adam, however all men in Christ does not refer to all men in Adam but instead to those who are in Jesus Christ and according to Jesus Christ they are those who are in the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world. undecided
My bible said all men not all men in Christ. It says all men.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
Yae until Christ took away the curse of death or is there another curse you are talking about?
Read Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

My bible said all men not all men in Christ. It says all men.
Is the reference below not from your Bible? undecided
1 Corinthians 15:22?
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:16am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I think you are not understanding the English. It says in Christ all men are made alive not all men in Christ, are made alive. This one is plain English nah
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:17am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
read also, John 5:28-29
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
I think you are not understanding the English. It says in Christ all men are made alive not all men in Christ, are made alive. This one is plain English nah
Again, In Christ - all men in Christ refers to those who are in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
read also, John 5:28-29
28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
In the Gospel of John 10 vs 25 - 30, the very same Jesus Christ also told you that it is His sheep who hear His voice implying that those who hear His voice from their graves are those who are His sheep aka those who belong to the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:39am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, In Christ - all men in Christ refers to those who are in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Sir, you are twisting the word of God. Listen, it says
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ, all will be made alive. It did not say all men in Christ. These are different phases with different meanings. do get it twisted
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

Sir, you are twisting the word of God. Listen, it says
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ, all will be made alive. It did not say all men in Christ. These are different phases with different meanings. do get it twisted
Again, all those in Jesus Christ, according to Jesus Christ are all those who believe in Him and those are the ones who belong in the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In the Gospel of John 10 vs 25 - 30, the very same Jesus Christ also told you that it is His sheep who hear His voice implying that those who hear His voice from their graves are those who are His sheep aka those who belong to the Kingdom of God. undecided

John 10:25-30

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

In John John 5:28-29 not only his sheep but also the sinful and unjust would come forth. those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. remember, his sheep are the righteous ones who listen to his voice and follow him, he shall give them eternal life. no one will snatch them out of his hand.

John 5:28-29

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:46am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, all those in Jesus Christ, according to Jesus Christ are all those who believe in Him and those are the ones who belong in the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided
He never said all those in Christ in 1 corinthians 15
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ, all will be made alive.
note also, He promised his Sheep Eternal life and the wicked, Eternal damnation or Hell.
John 5:28-29

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 1:56am On Jan 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
We both agree, those that believe in him would go to the kingdom of God. That is not the argument. Those that don't believe in him would definitely not go to the kingdom of God.

Luke 13:28

In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

The wicked would be made to suffer while the sheep are in the kingdom. But first, both would be resurrected.
Read again.
Revelations 20.13
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Re: What Is The Curse Of Adam? by tctrills: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Was Adams sin different from the way we commit sins each day? Adam did not know good from evil so how could he sin?

(1) (Reply)

80th BIRTHDAY: Pst Adeboye Donates Dialysis Machines Etc To ABU Hospital, Bauchi / Quran Verse / When God Walked The Earth - Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.