Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass (692 Views)

How Biafra Would Be A Liability To Nigeria / Reasons Why BIAFRA Would Be Difficult (opinion) / If Biafra Had Succeeded. Biafra Would Have Been The Giant Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by tctrills: 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
Let me first state that I have no issue with any group seeking self-rule and independence. My heart goes out to the Tibetians and Uyghur people of China. But then, let's look at the case of Biafra.
50 years after the failed war, the Igbos still clamor for secession. I am not writing to judge their merits as I believe the Igbos are among the most marginalized people in Nigeria, but I want to look at their strategy and their chances.
1st Let's look at their strategy. It's easy to say that the leading secession group IPOB has no effective strategy. Yes they make noise through their radio and social media, yes they partake in small pockets of violence within the region, and yes they have millions of supporters yet they have never been a major headache for the rest of the country.
No one goes to bed thinking about Ipob except maybe in the southeast. Their influence is not felt outside their region hence no one really cares.
Also, They have failed to build any ally across the country or abroad. They are very much on their own. Their strategy of insults is doing no good to their struggle.
Now let's look at geography. The Igbos are actually trapped within Nigeria. They would clearly need the support of the Niger Delta to create Biafra. Biafra would be impossible without the south south.
Finally, they would need a stronger force than the ESN boys in the bush. That is basically impossible as they would need to arm a force. that would mean moving smuggling heavy equipment through the Nigerian border.
Summary, Biafra is not going to happen because of wrong strategy and poor geography.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Investigative: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nawaoo
Who have car charger?
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Investigative: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
And blackberry bold 5 for sale
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by chiagozien(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Investigative:
And blackberry bold 5 for sale
What version

Is it using small pin Nokia charger?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Brexxit(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin

Chai double wahala for Igbos.
The blood of ikonso and other esn operatives killed will go in vain.

Presidency they still won't get, which kind wahala be this.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Yibo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
okoros will chop raw OP
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by ajumma(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:
Let me first state that I have no issue with any group seeking self-rule and independence. My heart goes out to the Tibetians and Uyghur people of China. But then, let's look at the case of Biafra.
50 years after the failed war, the Igbos still clamor for secession. I am not writing to judge their merits as I believe the Igbos are among the most marginalized people in Nigeria, but I want to look at their strategy and their chances.
1st Let's look at their strategy. It's easy to say that the leading secession group IPOB has no effective strategy. Yes they make noise through their radio and social media, yes they partake in small pockets of violence within the region, and yes they have millions of supporters yet they have never been a major headache for the rest of the country.
No one goes to bed thinking about Ipob except maybe in the southeast. Their influence is not felt outside their region hence no one really cares.
Also, They have failed to build any ally across the country or abroad. They are very much on their own. Their strategy of insults is doing no good to their struggle.
Now let's look at geography. The Igbos are actually trapped within Nigeria. They would clearly need the support of the Niger Delta to create Biafra. Biafra would be impossible without the south south.
Finally, they would need a stronger force than the ESN boys in the bush. That is basically impossible as they would need to arm a force. that would mean moving smuggling heavy equipment through the Nigerian border.
Summary, Biafra is not going to happen because of wrong strategy and poor geography.

Cc
FamTomx2
after4
aka traitors
i don dey tell you since
@red
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Sergio104(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Many dreams and yawns by zombies in this land angry

Outta here!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Investigative: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
chiagozien:
What version

Yes
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Akudaisi: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
Abeg who sabi the nearest Amala joint.....yawns ..

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Investigative: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
chiagozien:
What version

Yes

The big pin

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Muna4real(f): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

You didn't give any solutions.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by gidgiddy: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
tctrills:

Trapped within Nigeria? How? Lets just assume that Biafra is only the South East? How would they be trapped within Nigeria? A lot of people look at the map of Nigeria and think that the South East is encircled, it isnt. Some people do not know that the tip of Abia State had water way running straight into the ocean. Oguta in Imo, even Onitsha, has acess to the sea

Swaziland and Lesotho are two independent countries inside South Africa. They have their own armies, currencies, anthems etc

If Lesotho and Swaziland can survive despite being inside South Africa, anyone can survive being inside another country

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by tctrills: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
gidgiddy:

Trapped within Nigeria? How? Lets just assume that Biafra is only the South East? How would they be trapped within Nigeria? A lot of people look at the map of Nigeria and think that the South East is encircled, it isnt. Some people do not know that the tip of Abia State had water way running straight into the ocean. Oguta in Imo, even Onitsha, has acess to the sea

Swaziland and Lesotho are two independent countries inside South Africa. They have their own armies, currencies, anthems etc

If Lesotho and Swaziland can survive despite being inside South Africa, anyone can survive being inside another country
First Biafra basically comprises only the southeast. You should have noticed that the sit at home isn't working in the south-south. Asaba is only separated from Onitsha by a one-kilometer river yet they don't seem to care about the Biafran sit at home order. clearly, they are not part of Biafra. Onitsha and Abia state have rivers connected to the sea same with Oguta. It's a great thing for them but still, they are landlocked by every definition.
Now I never said a landlocked nation cannot survive I only said that Biafra is disadvantaged in its struggle because it is surrounded by the very nation it seeks to break out from.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by tctrills: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Muna4real:

You didn't give any solutions.
I don't have solutions, I only stated the obvious.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by FamTomx2(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
ajumma:

Cc
FamTomx2
after4
aka traitors
i don dey tell you since
@red

Unity Urchin, what ever that keeps you masturbating on BIAFRA issues is okay by me..

Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by ScamHunter: 12:59am On Jan 20, 2022
What did you eat this night? I'm using this opportunity to appreciate my Akwa Ibom family and friends for their love of Ndigbo. If any of you come around Israel, I'll be happy to see you. You all know that no one gave Israel a chance in 1948. I love Akwa Ibom people/ Not just because they're beautiful like Ndigbo, they're also extremely smart like them.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by Allsouls: 1:08am On Jan 20, 2022
tctrills:

Nonsense post like DSS/Nigeria 15 count charges, I call it 15 count nonsense.
Re: Why Biafra Would Never Come To Pass by tctrills: 1:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Allsouls:

Nonsense post like DSS/Nigeria 15 count charges, I call it 15 count nonsense.
Another funny one

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Donates N50m To Niger State Govt To Help Tackle Insecurity / Dennis Osadebay University To Commence Academic Activities Feb. - Okowa / Buni, Bello, 2 Other Govs Working Against APC Convention, Lukman Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.