Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? (739 Views)

FACT CHECK: Did Tinubu Promise To Reduce Purchasing Power Of Nigerians? / Amaechi Congratulates Tinubu, Promise To Support Him In 2023 Elections / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by peacekante: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
DID TINUBU PROMISE TO PAY WAEC FEE FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS?

I have watch the video circulating online where Tinubu was reported to have promised to pay for all secondary school WAEC fee if he is elected in 2023 election but I didn't not see him make such promise. From what I heard in the video, he was telling whoever sitting opposite him in quote "since 1999, your children west Africa School examination is paid by us. So that no one no matter how poor is left behind" He did not said "I will pay for WAEC if I am elected". Meanwhile, people are now twisting the narrative that he made a promise to pay for WAEC of all secondary students if elected. That is how they twisted president buhari statements during his campaigned in 2014-15 to give false hope of expectations.

All these propaganda is just giving Tinubu more edge over every other candidates.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by SarkinYarki: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
He hasn't even been elected and you are already denying his promise cheesy cheesy..we remember how he said they will Make 1 naira equal to the dollar

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by peacekante: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
He hasn't even been elected and you are already denying his promise cheesy cheesy..we remember how he said they will Make 1 naira equal to the dollar

See, this is a promise that he can more than fufil.
I think differently from everyone. I listened to the video and I didn't hear the man said I will or my administration or my party will. The Jagaban is referring to the work he put in as a governor in lagos state since 1999.

Maybe you should listen to that clip very well. Besides if eventually the Jagaban said so, it is way more achievable by him or any of his leutenants who believe so much In pa Awolowo ideology of free education. Virtually all south West states government pay WAEC for their students. So such promise is achievable.

However the bone of contention here is that he is yet to make any of such promise on national level.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by Massiveglory: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
Na you sabi ooo.
Whether he said he will pay or not,
After what we have been through as a nation in past few years, It is barbaric and disheartening to see young men propagating a Chief Tinubu presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by SarkinYarki: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
peacekante:

See, this is a promise that he can more than fufil.
I think differently from everyone. I listened to the video and I didn't hear the man said I will or my administration or my party will. The Jagaban is referring to the work he put in as a governor in lagos state since 1999.

Maybe you should listen to that clip very well. Besides if eventually the Jagaban said so, it is way more achievable by him or any of his leutenants who believe so much In pa Awolowo ideology of free education. Virtually all south West states government pay WAEC for their students. So such promise is achievable.

However the bone of contention here is that he is yet to make any of such promise on national level.

He can never fulfil anything..Tinubu has never fulfilled any promise in his life ..Tinubu that's won't even allow Lagosians use roads for free will give free WAEC? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Massiveglory:
Na you sabi ooo.
Whether he said he will pay or not,
After what we have been through as a nation in past few years, It is barbaric and disheartening to see young men propagating a Chief Tinubu presidency.
Who is stopping you from voting your own young candidate?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by peacekante: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

He can never fulfil anything..Tinubu has never fulfilled any promise in his life ..Tinubu that's won't even allow Lagosians use roads for free will give free WAEC? cheesy cheesy

Okay. I heard you. Note that tinubu is not my candidate. Osibanjo is. But I have to say it as it is. He never made this promise. If he does, he can more than fufil them.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by PrinceOfLagos: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dem don start rubbish fact check

So this is how they will be checking facts check when he becomes president (God forbids)

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by oyatz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Tinubu hasn't even declared to the public that he will run for office.

Primaries hasn't be held.

Campaign hasn't started.

All what you are hearing are just propaganda by his opponents.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by jetwonder(m): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin Old style of making audio promise! Jagban 2023!!!
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by roundman: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Can you show us where they promised that they will make the naira equal to a dollar?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by SarkinYarki: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
roundman:
Can you show us where they promised that they will make the naira equal to a dollar?

Abeg Gerat ...have some shame ..see the kind of people you are still supporting
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by peacekante: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
roundman:

President buhari made that promise. I am a Buharist and he did made this promise.

See the link below

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/amp/

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by ivandragon: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
It is am 'implied' promise to continue what is already existing... one that can be denied later.

It is the same way PMB asked if the exchange rate of 215 to a dollar pre-may 2015 was ok...

He didn't directly promise to make the naira equivalent to the dollar, but he certainly implied that if voted into power, it would be less than 215... today, we know better.
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Sunday Igboho for President
Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by Shetemi12(m): 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Leave them..let them wail as usual. They have been wailing since 2015, they will continue till as usual

Re: Fact Check: Did Tinubu Promise To Pay Waec Fee Of Secondary School Students? by jude79(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
peacekante:

Okay. I heard you. Note that tinubu is not my candidate. Osibanjo is. But I have to say it as it is. He never made this promise. If he does, he can more than fufil them.

Stop lying, tinubu is your candidate, osibanjo is just a proxy, in case things didn't work out for tinubu.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Magodo: Surprise As Lagos Reneges On Allocation Of 549 Plots Of Land / Pro-biafra Group Accuses FG Of Stage-managing Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / BREAKING: APC Finally Declares Stance On Zoning Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.