Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas (6284 Views)

Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas / Andre Villas-Boas Set To Sign For Tottenham / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Sleekmaxwell(m): 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2011
It is not official yet.
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2011
Confirmed on Chelsea TV
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
jst like alex ferguson sed, d blues are truly obssessed wit winnin d champions league. D sad story is dat i dont see dem win it in d nxt 8yrs @ least. Y is abramovich damn too impatient?? I believe chelsea's best chance was wen mourhino was in charge bt ofcourse, he was booted out and he went to inter milan and won dt trophy. Tsnt about spendin 50m on torres or 25m on liuz( d new coach mite nt even like dos players). Ts more of spendin money on players dt appreciate in value, jst like chicharito at united.
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
dademola:

jst like alex ferguson sed, d blues are truly obssessed wit winnin d champions league. D sad story is dat i dont see dem win it in d nxt 8yrs @ least. Y is abramovich damn too impatient?? I believe chelsea's best chance was wen mourhino was in charge bt ofcourse, he was booted out and he went to inter milan and won dt trophy. Tsnt about spendin 50m on torres or 25m on liuz( d new coach mite nt even like dos players). Ts more of spendin money on players dt appreciate in value, jst like chicharito at united.

Take ur 8years facts to ur bedroom undecided
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by 1025: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2011

@dademola,
you just confirmed that you have no sense of ur own to say your mind hence u depend on ferguson. what is wrong with chelsea wanting to win champions league? ur ferguson has made himself a toy in the hands of barca and shld concentrate on how to solve that problem rather than saying shits about chelsea.
on chicharito, how many of him are there wasting in man u? bebe is going on loan, manucho was sold for his inabilities to break into the first team. where is obarton, what of gibson and diuof, welback and a host of other young stars. is berbatov living up to his price? is ur ferguson comfortable with his team that cannot stand before barca? well, until u get mind of ur own to start reasoning, i will be here to address ur issues
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by mkpologwu(m): 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2011
Chesi too foko up! Why dem no haya Roger Federal?
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by mkpologwu(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
Chesi too foko up! Why dem no haya Roger Federal or Rafel Nafada?
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
dademola:

I guess it's easy to suffer selective amnesia just because one wants to condemn Chelsea. No wonder you conveniently forgot that Chelsea's best chance (YET) of winning the UCL came NOT under Mourinho, but rather UNDER Avram Grant who took us all the way to the final in 2008. . .and we came so close that we were just ONE KICK away from the trophy - if only John Terry converted his penalty kick. As simple as that! Yet none of you Chelsea haters ever remember that. So it's really ridiculous when people keep suggesing that Chelsea have never come close and would never come close to winning the UCL, or that it is only Mourinho that can win it for us. We've come close several times, even more so after Mourinho's departure. It is only a matter of time before Chairman Abramovich lays his hands on the UCL, a just and richly deserved reward for his extraodinary investment in the club.
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by 1025: 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
Chesi too foko up! Why dem no haya Roger Federal or Rafel Nafada?

@mkpologwu,
stop deceiving urself thinking that only u sabi smoke igbo. many of us here dey smoke ooo. if igbo no dey good for your body, u better leave it before it sends u into the streets.
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by chelseabmw(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
I can officially tell you guys that that Andre Villas-Boas is our next coach
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by cashful(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
its a step forward, wish him good luck during his tenure
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 22, 2011
odiaero:

Take your 8years facts to your bedroom undecided
1025:

@dademola,
you just confirmed that you have no sense of your own to say your mind hence u depend on ferguson. what is wrong with chelsea wanting to win champions league? your ferguson has made himself a toy in the hands of barca and shld concentrate on how to solve that problem rather than saying shits about chelsea.
on chicharito, how many of him are there wasting in man u? bebe is going on loan, manucho was sold for his inabilities to break into the first team. where is obarton, what of gibson and diuof, welback and a host of other young stars. is berbatov living up to his price? is your ferguson comfortable with his team that cannot stand before barca? well, until u get mind of your own to start reasoning, i will be here to address your issues
ur responses are obviously dt of a mumu and a foolish person. D fact dt i quoted sir alex doesnt mean i dnt hav a mind of my own. For ur info, gibson, welbeck are products of our academy,jst like pique, who stars for barcelona. Berbatov was d joint top scorer last season,fool. We didnt spend too much money on d oda plyrs u mentioned. We bot ronaldo for 12m and sold him for 80m. Do u knw hw much chris smallin worth's now?? As for losin to barcelona, i'm proud my team lost to one of d best teams in d history of d game. Go and win d champios league before i reply u again.
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 22, 2011
pro01:

I guess it's easy to suffer selective amnesia just because one wants to condemn Chelsea. No wonder you conveniently forgot that Chelsea's best chance (YET) of winning the UCL came NOT under Mourinho, but rather UNDER Avram Grant who took us all the way to the final in 2008. . .and we came so close that we were just ONE KICK away from the trophy - if only John Terry converted his penalty kick. As simple as that! Yet none of you Chelsea haters ever remember that. So it's really ridiculous when people keep suggesing that Chelsea have never come close and would never come close to winning the UCL, or that it is only Mourinho that can win it for us. We've come close several times, even more so after Mourinho's departure. It is only a matter of time before Chairman Abramovich lays his hands on the UCL, a just and richly deserved reward for his extraodinary investment in the club.
wot i'm sayin is dat, continuity,@ times, is d key to problems like chelsea's. U talk of avram grant. In ur heart, assumin he was still in charge in 2009, do u think he wil hav won d ucl??tsnt a curse, chelsea will continue to smell d food, but dem no go chop am. Dia isnt any difference btwn u guys and our noisy neighbors at d eastlands. I heard paul scholes will soon finish his coachin course, Maybe u guys shud wait for him
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by lepa001(f): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2011
Only tyme will tell, I luv my BLUES joor
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Leonoel202(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2011
cool shocked sad lipsrsealed tongue I am very sure that he will fail. He thinks he can impersonate Mourinho, Chelsea are bound to fail
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
1977: Born in Porto 17 October
1993: Works as a trainee under Sir Bobby Robson at Porto
1994: Achieves Uefa C coaching licence in Scotland
2002: Becomes part of Jose Mourinho's staff at Porto
2004: Follows Mourinho to Chelsea
2008: Moves with Mourinho to Inter Milan
2009: Appointed manager of Academica
2010: Named Porto boss
2011: Wins league, cup and Europa League in first season

This young man Andre Villas-Boas is now Chelsea new coach!
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by kbdrim(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
These are interesting times, Abramovich is a chess player trying to play funny, First u appoint a 33 yr old who is young enuf to be fergusons grandchild, who happens to also be mourinho's protege, im just thinking what if he succeeds? wins the league and maybe the champions league at the expense of the special one, it wud certainly dymistify them and if he looses, well he is still young and has got time, surely interesting times ahead in the premier league
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by kbdrim(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
klaus3011:

next season's prediction,
1st, man -united
2nd , arsenal
3rd, manchester city
4th, liverpool/tottenham
5th, chelsea,
1st chelsea 2nd man city 3rd arsenal 4th man united 5th liverpool
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by ocephraim(m): 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
mtchewww, Y s Abrahamovic so impatient, Tym ll tel sha
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by vislabraye(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2011
From fry pan to fire.( I had a dream this morning that Chelsea scored a magnificent goal against Man U thru a long range short. Man U new keeper fumbled, )

Abrahamovic may make things worse than it already is. By the way, Drog wants a contract for 3 seasons
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by mobillon: 12:42am On Jun 23, 2011
Chelsea has once again been Fleeced! people are getting good at fleecing Chelsea these days. They paid a record fee for the hapless Torres. The fees Liverpool swindled for Torres, they used it to buy 2 world-class players, Suarez and Andy Carrol and still had some change.
  How can you pay $21mil as transfer fees for a coach? Mourinho won the Champions league before being picked up by Chelsea, this new guy just won the EUROPA which is a cup for failed teams. My favourite for Chelsea was the highly tactical and motivational Frank Rikaard. It was Rikaard that assembled the stars in Barca, it was him that insisted Barca brought Messi to Barca at the Tender age of 11, He also brought  Etoo, Ronaldinho and won a champions league without controversy. Guardiola only inherited the solid structure and solid foundation that Rikaard built.

Once more Abramovich has overpaid for another obedient sheep that will obey without question, his every WHIMS and WHIMPERS, this sheep is no Mourinho, and will never succeed like Mourinho. It's doom for Chelsea!
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by boombell: 3:08am On Jun 23, 2011
Nice development for Chelsea.Remember age is just a number,your boss remain your boss if you are well trained from your home to respect whoever is at the head of affairs.Did GEJ older than everybody in Nigeria?
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by iyaegin: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2011
Am a full Blue Blooded Chelsea fan who has always observed the trends with Chelsea. unfortunately 2004 when we hired Jose Mourinho is not 2011 when we are hiring this chap who i feel is yet to cut his teeth on the big stage.and i stand to be proven wrong that he will not last December and if he does definitely not the end of the season.
i hope he has signed a good deal and packaged a good sign out clause for himself am pretty sure he would need it.
If chelsea could send ancelotti packing one season after winning the league am not quite sure how this chap i cant stand to mention his name can make it. and for the guys quoting some pedigree about hobnobbing with mourinho thats just paperwork; the portugese leaugue is no better on the big stage the EPL and the CL you need the technical knowhow and more importantly the experience. my chap just happens to have none of these.
we watch and see.how the clock ticks
Re: Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas by timbros(m): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
@iya egin

Come May 2012, i go ask u 'how far'?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2-0) Sunday 4th October 2009 / Newcastle Vs Liverpool (1 - 0) On 1st November 2014 / Liverpool Vs Norwich (5 - 1) On 4th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.