Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) (41908 Views)

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by thisisit: 1:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
HOW ABACHA KITCHEN CABINET KILLED Pa Alfred Rewane, Kudirat ABIOLA and Ken Saro Wiwa.

A key member of that cabinet is one Mr. Buhari, PTF chairman and a former military head of state overthrown by ABACHA but shamelesly agreed to serve his rebellious boy.

Indeed, no principle, just power for the sake of power

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by anonimi: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
humberjade:
RIP

So she was 17 years old in this picture? Interesting shocked

Indeed, she has suffered alot, seen so many horrible things in her life time; losing her husband in that manner, singlehandedly raised five kids, and then losing 2 of them. I pray God grant her soul eternal peace.

Thanks for highlighting the interesting fact of her age at wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by anonimi: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
moralistic:
he was a dick head because he fought the oppression of the igbos against the ogonis... Ken opened the eyes of the rich oil region...and that's what no Rich oil producing state will support your biafra movement...

Enugu was the headquarter of the then South ...oil money was used to beautiful your enugu while the Rich oil region was neglected

Was it not coal that was used as well as oil palm, rubber and other cash crops?
When was oil discovered and when was Enugu the headquarters of the South

5 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by afube: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jakumo:

Wow, you are such a brilliant detective. Who would have guessed that a black woman from Nigeria would also be a "negro"?

You should consider enrolling in the FBI or MI6, considering your genius-level deductive reasoning.

I fear o! do not be surprised if this olodo finds his way to the senate or gove4house!
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by afube: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
I love dat part: " Died in her sleep on SUNDAY"
Wat a good way to go n be with the Lord.......
Rest on ma.....

So people who die on Sunday go to heaven straight! Sunday is not even sabbath to start with, talk less of your stanfing with the messiah.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by afube: 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
Throwback:

Your problem is you don't know what Negro means.

All blacks are Negro.

Negro means Black.

The grandkids are coloured or mulato or half-caste.

Oga all blacks are not negroes! Fulanis,sudanese,Ethiopians and somalis are not negroes o!
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by afube: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
Senomi:

Ipob pigs and their messiah are all delusional fraudsters

She seemed like a decent woman but the moral of the story is 'never build your dream and joy on the foudation of other people's suffering and sorrow '........Ken sato wiwa shed the blood of war at the time of peace! No matter what side he was during the war.......ken should have let Igbos be at the end of the war but he waged a savage war of victimization of Ndigbo in port Harcourt.......seizing people's hard earned property located in Rivers state.........well God is a fair and just Father! Justice has been served! and it will continue to be served in the saro wiwa family unless they repent of their father's treachery! PERIOD .......Truth is Bitter@

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

If not for God I'd so much hate that tribe with a passion after what av passed through in the hands of some of them. They always think they're better than every other tribe. They can even instigate conflicts in another person's state not minding that they're visitors. Just imagine one of them cutting down my mom's cassava and plantains just to widen the pathway created by the village head so as to drive into his farm. He had the guts to tell my mom he'll deal with her just because she confronted him regarding what he did. Just imagine a stranger that if not for God can easily be flushed out of my LG having the guts to insult my mom. That's how they'll start a fight in another man's territory and will later turn around to cry marginalization and will others but themselves

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Jangbajantis: 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jakumo:

Wow, you are such a brilliant detective. Who would have guessed that a black woman from Nigeria would also be a "negro"?

You should consider enrolling in the FBI or MI6, considering your genius-level deductive reasoning.
For having this weight of savagery you may not make heaven.

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by oyatz(m): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
Landmack:

Let’s leave Ojukwu,the afaraukwu tout,and other sane igbos aside.

The question is this...did saro wiwa’s pple covet properties belonging to igbos during the war or not?
I
If No,,,,back ur answer with points
If Yes,,,saro wiwas pple are thieves and covetous in nature. There’s a law against covetousness in the bible and curses accrued to it. If u check well,it could be one of the generational curses the pple of Ndelta especially in Rivers are suffering till today. Name them~environmental degradation,black soot etc

1) In each State, the Government owns the land ,those who build houses on the land are merely tenants.

2) Igbos ran away from Rivers State to core Igbo towns, leaving their buildings behind. The Rivers State Government took over those 'abandoned buildings' and converted many of them to Government properties.

3) Saro-Wiwa was a Commissioner in Rivers State and Local Gov't Administrator during the war, it's possible some of the buildings his Ministry/Council used then were parts of such buildings but this was strictly a Gov't policy and beyond the powers of Ken Saro-Wiwa as a private citizen.

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by wink2015(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
Late General Sani Abacha ( rtd ) wickedly sent to early grave, her late husband the Niger delta activist, the late Ken Saro Wiwa.

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by oyatz(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Verysmart101:

How was he better pls? Who took majority of the abandoned properties owned by Igbos in rivers then? Wasn't it him? While the northerners and westerners returned theirs.The same Ojukwu ur saying he's evil was the same man sarowiwa ran to in 1997 to help beg Abacha to have mercy on him.Shameful people

Saro-Wiwa was killed on Nov-10,1995 and before then, he was already incarcerated in Port-Harcourt prison for over a year.

He never went to Ojukwu to beg Abacha in 1997.

You people like to circulate falsehoods and propaganda against anyone who was on the Federal side during the civil war, largely based on 'bigotted hear-says' from your elders

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by UCyril: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
The family of Ken sarowiwa should apologize to all the families of igbos who lost their properties in PH on behalf of their father. It was a wicked act. Even the hausa Fulani left igbo people properties because the no how bad it's to take another man's property.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
07kjb:

Some one that bought a land deserves an Access road stop being jealous

Did we sell the land to him? Besides he already bought his land many yrs b4 my mom bought hers. B4 my mom was able to acquire de land the pathway to other pple's farmlands was very narrow and vehicles were not permitted to enter but after seeing my mom buy the place he had the guts to use herbicide to destroy some of our crops and as if that wasn't enough he used matchet to cut down our plantains and cassava to be able to transfer poultry feeds to his poultry farm. I know you're an Igbo person because an average Igbo man rarely takes responsibility for his actions so I'm not surprised at ur reply. They only cry foul when the indigenes rise up to oppose their evil behavior.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Verysmart101: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
oyatz:

Saro-Wiwa was killed on Nov-10,1995 and before then, he was already incarcerated in Port-Harcourt prison for over a year.

He never went to Ojukwu to beg Abacha in 1997.

You people like to circulate falsehoods and propaganda against anyone who was on the Federal side during the civil war, largely based on 'bigotted hear-says' from your elders

Who told u he never begged Ojukwu to help him plead to Abacha? Can u swear with ur life on that?
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Verysmart101: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
moralistic:
ipob
Call me ipob but ur a militant
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Throwback: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
afube:

Oga all blacks are not negroes! Fulanis,sudanese,Ethiopians and somalis are not negroes o!

Truly,

Fulani are black with non-negroid features like their narrow nose and thin lips.

Black Sudanese are fully negroid, while Arab Sudanese are obviously arabianized Blacks, hence they are not even fully Black. Somalis are on a special level of racial confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by omoharry(f): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jakumo:

The word Negro is even offensive for him to use . Funny guy.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Offence: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
You can kill the messenger, but you can't kill the message.

Ken saro-wiwa last word before he was killed. RIP to his wife.

My condolence to the bereaved family
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by oyatz(m): 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
Verysmart101:

Who told u he never begged Ojukwu to help him plead to Abacha? Can u swear with ur life on that?

Most likely, you haven't been born during the trial of Saro-Wiwa.

He was arrested in 1994 and was never released until he was executed on Nov-10, 1995 but somehow you believe the wrong version narrated to you by Uncle Linneus (who was learning spare parts trading at Ochanja Market at that time) that Saro-Wiwa went to beg Ojukwu in 1997 to help him talk to Abacha to spare his life!

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Gideon34: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
RIP ma cry
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Babysho:

Guy stop derailing this thread grin

My advice is that you edit your very first post and just put that your last sentence that I highlighted there to save face.
Na you sabi. Save face for irrelevant issue
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by MarkBenn: 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Verysmart101

How was he better pls? Who took majority of the abandoned properties owned by Igbos in rivers then? Wasn't it him? While the northerners and westerners returned theirs.The same Ojukwu ur saying he's evil was the same man sarowiwa ran to in 1997 to help beg Abacha to have mercy on him.Shameful people

He ran to ojukwu in 1997? Ken saro wiwa was hanged by the Nigerian Government on November 10th, 1995.

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by ablejesus26(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Penguin2:
Ken Saro Wiwa...

The first person to say “awa oyel” in 1896 and fought Igbo leaders of old Eastern Nigeria because of same oyel that the Fulanis are swimming in today.

During the war he masterminded the seizure of assets and landed properties belonging to Ndigbo in Port Harcourt and while the north and West returned theirs, Ken Saro Wiwa never relinquished his.

Such a greedy man he was.

RIP ma’am!

Tell your husband he was a dickhead undecided

If you write this shenanigans claiming to be from Igboland,shame unto you.
This your reasoning has no connection with Igbo.
You are a very useless person if you write this nonsense claiming to be Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by bhella10: 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
christejames:
May her Soul rest find eternal Rest...

I just hope the urchins of that desperate man from Lagos doesn't use her and her husband to score some cheap political points as they did to our revered MKO.

Watch as his urchins come after me.
Ignorance is bliss
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Penguin2: 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
CauserOfMigrain:
u will die of stray bullet

And by that too shall u go.

Very soon than you ever imagined.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Verysmart101:

Call me ipob but ur a militant
terrorist..now that nnamdi kanu has denied you and your family, what are you going to do about it
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by osazuwa23: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by osazuwa23: 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
not true ethiopians somalians sudamnese all all blacks no such thing as negroid. The craddle if black cilization lucy was found in ethiopia
Throwback:

Truly,

Fulani are black with non-negroid features like their narrow nose and thin lips.

Black Sudanese are fully negroid, while Arab Sudanese are obviously arabianized Blacks, hence they are not even fully Black. Somalis are on a special level of racial confusion.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by humberjade: 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
Landmack:

Yea signing the dotted lines means you’re ready for the good ,bad and ugly times of life. Some may have it good..some bad. Some may have it very good...some may have it very bad.

In her case she lost the love of her life to a brutal regime
Lost two sons

Isn’t that too much for a woman at that age to bear.

Yeah, too much...she was indeed a strong woman

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by dammyco(m): 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors Wike & Ortom Reconcile, Hug Each Other As They Meet (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore As A Corper In Adamawa (NYSC Throwback Photo) / Presidential Results From Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.