Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Internal Body Odor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Internal Body Odor (166 Views)

Body Odor Home Remedies / What Can I Do To Stop Internal Body Heat And Foot Hotness / Why Do Men Smell Down There? How To Eliminate The Odor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internal Body Odor by gmxab: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2022
Please guys, I have had body odour for a while now. I am male and 28 years old. Hygiene is a watch word for me and i donot repeat clothes or inner wears. Whenever people give me funny looks or make funny faces when i pass or walk in the room, i die slowly on the inside. I am now being looked down on by people who donot even have as much self esteem as i do. There’s times when i get wild stares. I act tough but when i get home at night, i cry my eyes out. I’ve been to a couple of hospitals but its always to no avail. Some say its in my head, others give me anti biotics that donot help. Most doctors i’ve met are usually very dismissive and not patient enough to walk through options with me. I noticed on days when i masturbate, it’s usually worse than before. I dont know if its due to masturbation or if its something else. I’ve done all the baseline tests such as liver,kidney, diabetes, blood sugar and alot of others. They all come out fine all the time. I’ve masturbated for about 10 years consistently. Could this be the cause? In the past i’d also masturbate without bathing immediately. Do we secrete hormones which make us more smelly when we masturbate? Please help guys. I cant live like this. I haven’t taken alchohol in about 8 months but during my younger years, ( 17 to 26), i used to indulge beer. I never abused it though as it was always the usual one or two bottles per sitting. Also, its not hygiene as i shower all the time. I also use expensive deodorants and all and i donot keep pit hairs. Also, i noticed that liquid dettol makes its worse, far worse untill after a day or so when it wears off my skin. Also, deodorants that contain alchohol are a no go area for me and its makes me way more smelly. When i also eat sugary stuff or milk or cereal, i get very smelly as well. In the past i used to take alot of sugar and milk. I used to lick raw milk alot as well. I really dont know the origin of my problem so i’m trying to list all habbits i have indulged in. Are they special hospitals where i can visit or are there special creams i can use on my pits? If i wear clothes that are not cotton, its also worse. I used to be very fashionable but because of this, there is a limited amount of clothes i can wear nowadays. I see people move about with the underarm area of their shirts covered in sweat and they dont even smell bad. In my case i dont even perspire alot to the point of wetting the underarm of my shirt yet i smell quite badly. I can be totally dry in my pits yet smell badly. Its not in my head as i’ve had people tell me or make funny reactions like frown or rub their noses when i walk in the room. I can’t go on like this. I’ve tried alot to endure this. My confidence and self esteem is a shadow of its former self.
Re: Internal Body Odor by airminem(f): 10:57am On Jan 20, 2022
You will be okay las las
Re: Internal Body Odor by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2022
Disclaimer: This is a product of research and should not be taken as medical advice.

It is a common misconception that sweat itself causes body odor. In actual fact, human sweat is almost odorless.

Body odor occurs due to bacteria on a person’s skin breaking down protein molecules within sweat and producing odor as a result.

The human body can produce a range of substances that carry a smell, known as odorants. Many of these are important for regular bodily function and, in small quantities, do not lead to unpleasant odors.

However, an excessive accumulation of these compounds on the skin can cause noticeable smells.

A person’s skin contains both eccrine and apocrine sweat glands.

Apocrine glands start to function at puberty and are associated with hair follicles in the underarms and groin. These glands produce a viscous, protein-rich sweat that is initially odorless.

However, as bacteria break down the abundance of proteins, they will produce odorant molecules in greater concentrations, causing body odor.

For treatment, you have a few options - Aluminum chloride, Botulinum toxin (Botox), and surgery. It is recommended you work with a dermatologist to discuss the best treatment plan for you.
Re: Internal Body Odor by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2022
This is serious.

Maybe reduce your protein intake and stop taking fresh fish and diary products.

I once stumbled on a random documentary of a young white girl with fish smell and that was where I heard proteins like diary products and fish are a contributing factor to BO. She was given some prescriptions too to help combat the odour ( I don't even know the name of the pills.) You might want to look up the video on YouTube and see if you can get one or two tips to help you.

I also heard activated charcoal pills help too. Have you tried taking activated charcoal pills? Also get the activated charcoal powder and be mixing with your soap. Get the local black soap and stop using toilet or medicated soaps. They can make it worse. Mix the local black soap with charcoal and be bathing with. It should help.

Increase your fruit intake. Take plenty of pineapples and watermelons.

Finally, pray against foul spirit. Just in case. And stop masturbating! Haba! Ten years is enough to do a lot of damages.
Re: Internal Body Odor by thorpido(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2022
See a dermatologist.The issue could be due to skin infections,a hormonal issue or your diet.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taking On The Queries Of Asthmatic People On Wearing A Face Mask During Covid-19 / Continental Life Insurance: All You Should Know [detailed] / Why Can Chronic Prostatitis Cause Repeated Urination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.