Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police (4869 Views)

NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance / Rivers State Nysc State Allowance Is Now Scam By Rivers State Government / Prospective Nysc Corpers Batch C ( November) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Seun(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2011
The Rivers Police Command has announced the rescue of the five youth corps members abducted in the state 12 days ago.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that unknown gunmen kidnapped the four female and one male corps members at Omerelu in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state where they had gone for community service.

Rivers Commissioner of Police Suleiman Abba told NAN in Port Harcourt on Monday that the corps members were rescued in a forest at Omerelu around 8pm on Sunday.

He said one Sanga Prince was arrested in connection with the kidnap, while the other suspects fled.

The commissioner said that the corps members had been handed over to the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig-Gen Maharazu Tsiga "in good health''.
NAN

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5719487-146/police_rescue_abducted_youth_corps_members.csp
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by aquita(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good news! This is a welcome development. Kudos to the Nigerian Police.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by multibabe(f): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
thank God they did not harm them.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by hornysun(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good news!!!
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Ultrame(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2011
About time too.

multibabe:

thank God they did not harm them.

Of course they were harmed! Unless spending a couple of weeks in some kidnappers' den not knowing whether you'll be killed the next second or not passes as "harmless" in your books.

It will take some time before those guys can have a normal nap without suddenly finding themselves in an uncompleted building with masked, machete wielding strangers dancing around them. . . Poor kids.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by stolenstone: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
beautiful! Weldone khaki boys!
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
were they rescued or found left abandoned in the forest?

How come most kidnap victim never tell their stories?
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by mudyluv: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good news. up Nigerian Police
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Iysayah(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
IF it was truly a rescue effort and no cash changed hands behind, then thats a welcome development.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by hornysun(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Iysayah:

IF it was truly a rescue effort[b] and no cash changed hands behind[/b], then thats a welcome development.

I hope so too, but that doesn't really matter now as long as they are safe
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Sijo01(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
I know say One day una(NPF) go make us(Nigerians) proud!. grin grin grin
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by olapluto(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
Can someone please tell El-rofo that the corpers have been released down south. I think now he can see the difference between kidnap and death.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by gunpoint(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
Welcome development. I choose niger-delta militants over almanjeris nd boko haram anyday. Sad but that's were nija is right now.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Iysayah(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
hornysun:

I hope so too, but that doesn't really matter now as long as they are safe
Years of lying has thought me NEVER to trust Nigerian police, they always talk from one side of their mouth. undecided
i will wait for full details.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by strangest(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2011
Thank God no be cpc tyrants kidnapped them, they would have been long forgotten,
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by hornysun(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2011
Iysayah:

Years of lying has thought me NEVER to trust Nigerian police, they always talk from one side of their mouth. undecided
i will wait for full details.

I'm afraid i can't argue with that point, Nigerian police got reputation. so you could be right, i'm just happy that the corpers are freed.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by RexyDon(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
Kudos to men in black, first time in history.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by DBestDoc(f): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
@Dis guy
lol.no be small thing.Thank God either ways,whether they were rescued or found
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by egift(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why is it when people get kidnapped, we don't get any useful info? All we get told is:
- We drank tea together.
- They call me chief.
- We were abandoned in the bush.
- We did not pay a kobo. Etc.

What is going on here - who is fooling who?
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Iysayah(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
hornysun:

I'm afraid i can't argue with that point, Nigerian police got reputation. so you could be right, i'm just happy that the corpers are freed.
they are safe, yeah, but we need to hear from them (corpers). Is there such issues as RAPE. four Nigerian university ladies with supposed non-professional kidnappers! lipsrsealed.
i will wait for details. And i hope its not the usual "found abandoned in the bush stuff".
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why do the kidnappers always flee? undecided

Happy for their freedom though.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
why does the vanguard say that they were released before the police picked them up? I want to get the truth, not what the police wannts us to believe.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/kidnapped-corps-members-regain-freedom-in-rivers/
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by olaeday(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2011
Dis Guy:

were they rescued or found left abandoned in the forest?

How come most kidnap victim never tell their stories?

Gbaaaaam!!! True talk there, let a victim tell d whole public how the story goes
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by DisGuy: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
Na wa O

vanguard said:

“Thus, at about 1930 hours the five kidnapped corpers were sighted and rescued by Mobile Policemen conducting stop and search at Omerenu along Port Harcourt-Owerri road.

NAN said :

Rivers Commissioner of Police Suleiman Abba told NAN in Port Harcourt on Monday that the corps members were rescued in a forest at Omerelu around 8pm on Sunday.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by hornysun(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
Iysayah:

they are safe, yeah, but we need to hear from them (corpers). Is there such issues as violation. four Nigerian university ladies with supposed non-professional kidnappers! lipsrsealed.
i will wait for details. And i hope its not the usual "found abandoned in the bush stuff".

I don't think the corpers will disuse that issue openly with anybody.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Iysayah(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
Nigerian police! angry anyway the girls need to go for FULL HIV/AIDS test.
Abandoned means a lot! when kidnappers dont get what they wanted, they result to other means. i hope i am just imagining things in my head or just too much movies. undecided
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Roland17(m): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2011
lets appreciate the Nigerian Police for this effort, but i ask, why can't such strategy and intelligence be replicated in the Wild Wild North?
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by DisGuy: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
Roland17:

lets appreciate the Nigerian Police for this effort, but i ask, why can't such strategy and intelligence be replicated in the Wild Wild North?

Road blocks? shocked
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by ebube256: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good Job, finally they are waking up to their tasks.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by intelligen(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
Wether they were rescued or found abandoned,am jst very hapi that they ve regained their freedom,kudos to the NP,at least for once they made us proud,tho we stil need to hear frm d corpers.
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by Syenite(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2011
Good news but I just hope those poor girls were not violated? sad sad
Re: 5 Kidnapped NYSC Corpers Freed By Rivers Police by MMM2(m): 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
thank GOD smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc Must Pay Stream 2 Our May Allowance / How To Get Posted To Any PPA Of Your Choice Without Connection / NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream 1 POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.