Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? (199 Views)

Breaking - France24 News Agency Detects Presence Of Wagner Troops In Niger / Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? / Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? by LincolnOnyeabor: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
I was watching the news by 4 pm today and saw this scroll by. Imagine my shock. I had to go back to page 2-3 on front page to confirm if what I read earlier was true.

Having followed the case day before yesterday, imagine what this news agency is posting. Now I can see why Trump calls some of them, "Fake News".

Now, this isn't to support any group or cause, but then News ought to be independent, factual, and at least non-baised to an extent even if it cannot be totally un-baised.

Also, more importantly is, "Why do almost all news agency amplify Bad News??"
A nation is progressing, they never talk about it!. Economic Growth or other positives rarely get coverage but any bad news about death, accidents, killings or such stuff and they are all falling over each other to post it.

I mean I don't really get, is it that we've been psyched to always being intrigued and turned on(permit that word) by negative news or what??

Your suggestions and opinions are welcomed.

Mods, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Mynd44 kindly move to front-page.

Re: Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? by helinues: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
I actually stopped watching all those Cable newd before USA election.

AJ used to be one of my favorites media but weeks before the USA election, they had several documents on how Trump won his first term election through media manipulation which was the the same thing they did for Biden.

I was like, who do this people want to fool even though I supported Biden's presidency
Re: Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? by Officialgarri: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ever wondered why people flood a thread where Nigerian army seems to have lots of casualty while threads where the enemies are killed are either scanty or the few who comments would call it a lie...?

Bad news sell more and news outlets need to be biased to suit the narrative of most readers.
Re: Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? by LincolnOnyeabor: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
Officialgarri:
Ever wondered why people flood a thread where Nigerian army seems to have lots of casualty while threads where the enemies are killed are either scanty or the few who comments would call it a lie...?

Bad news sell more and news outlets need to be biased to suit the narrative of most readers.

Your last line is just the Punchline.

Bad News sell. But then, do we sacrifice truth at the altar of profit??
Re: Why Are Foreign News Agency Dyed In The Wool Pessimist?? by LincolnOnyeabor: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
helinues:
I actually dtoppi watching all those Cable newd before USA election.

AJ used to be one of my favorites media but weeks before the USA election, they had several documents on how Trump won his first term election through media manipulation which was the the same thing they did for Biden.

I was like, who do this people esnt to fool even though I supported Biden's presidency

That's the million dollar question I want answer to.

(1) (Reply)

The God Of Ukanafun State Constituency Is Not A God Of Confusion / H.E. Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo: Felicitating A Resourceful, Inspirational / Video:see What Osinbajo Is Doing For Idps In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.