Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Is Happening To Nairahost - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Happening To Nairahost (1162 Views)

Whats Happening To Akin Alabi? / What Is Happening To The .ng Domains? / What Is Happening To Smartwebng Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening To Nairahost by Kamali(m): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2007
I got a link here about web hosting with nairahost but unfortunately it has been a bad experience,the 2 sites i have hosted with them to date is always down, if anybody knows anybody there ,he should please tell them that business is not done this way.They are costing the site owners money.
The 2 sites are supawareinnovations.com and paymasterlimited.com
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by naijacutee(f): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2007
As far as I can see, both sites are fully functional. Can I just be a pain and ask why you've got that music on the second? (It's the same music that used to be on the Alaba.biz website)

As for Nairahost, I did send them an e-mail um, about 4-5 months ago. . . Still no response. Maybe they are busy.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by eolutosin(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2007
@ naijacutee: kindly provide a screenshot of the email message you sent 4-5 months ago. We do everything possible to respond to all emails and tickets within few hours.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Kamali(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2007
I have tried again,still the sites are not yet accessible.As for the music,maybe the same person designed both site.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by kazey(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2007
@naijacutee

I would be greatful if you make accusations with evidence to support them. Nairahost has a web based ticketing system and once you send an email to us you get an automated reply with the link to the ticket, and once the ticket has been replied you are notified too.

What I would require is a link to the ticket, or a screen shot to the ticket which indicates that the ticket has been open for 4-5 months, without response. Thanks.

Note*
1. Clients can login to their client area to check the status of their tickets
2. Non- Nairahost clients have a link to check their tickets status and are not required to login to their clients area.

@kamali
We think the problem is from your ISP not our servers because the site is accessible from different locations. Nairahost is surprised that instead of contacting them in regards to the issue you decided to go and complain in a public forum.

Please email us if you do have problems, we are always happy to respond to your emails.

You can tell how we take client related issues seriously, by our response time to this forum post, considering we aren't active here.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Kamali(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2007
You gave a yahoo id with which we can get to you.A trace of your log will show that i do use the tickets but the response to the tickets are not as fast as nairahost@yahoo.com.I have always chatted with this add but sometimes the response i get is not satisfactory(a case in question is our not being able to send mails out from outlook using paymasterlimited.com).
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Kamali(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2007
i can not even login to the client area.
It is given the error below
Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by kazey(m): 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thank you for contacting us via email, as you can see we have responded to your enquiry via email. I encourage the admin of this forum to close this thread, because all the claims are false.

Reasons
1. The sites are accessible from different locations.
2. naijacutee cant provide evidence to substantiate her claims.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by kazey(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2007
Kamali:

You gave a yahoo id with which we can get to you.A trace of your log will show that i do use the tickets but the response to the tickets are not as fast as nairahost@yahoo.com.I have always chatted with this add but sometimes the response i get is not satisfactory(a case in question is our not being able to send mails out from outlook using paymasterlimited.com).

Nairahost never uses yahoo i.e nairahost@yahoo.com to correspond with its clients. I do not know where you obtained such an information from. We have a contact us page, and every information is clearly stated there without ambiguity. From our webpage that is http://www.nairahost.com.ng you have a link that says Contact Us, which is link to http://www.nairahost.com.ng/contact.php which has a submit ticket link.

I do not know where you got the yahoo address for nairahost because there is no where on our website that it states you to use that email addresss to correspond with us. We even have a support ticket advisory that every client gets upon signing up with us, which I guess you choose to ignore.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by naijacutee(f): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2007
Sorry guys, It is far from my intention to publicize you negatively, I was only trying to share my experience with your company. If you check your message log, you'll see that I did send in fact an enquiry concerning the acquisition of .com.ng domains - which I never got a response to. Unfortunately, this was sent through your ticketing system,  and it would be very impractical for me to take screenshots of my desktop after each e-mail. I am not a paying customer, I was just making enquiries. Also, I never received a confirmation e-mail to my e-mail address (@msn.com) but then, the fault may well have been with me. I have nothing to gain by negative publicity, and I do appreciate that you guys are taking customer complaints seriously.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by smartsoft(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2007
Who say nairahost dey Bleep up ?
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Kamali(m): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2007
Quote from Kazey
Nairahost never uses yahoo i.e nairahost@yahoo.com to correspond with its clients. I do not know where you obtained such an information from. We have a contact us page, and every information is clearly stated there without ambiguity. From our webpage that is http://www.nairahost.com.ng you have a link that says Contact Us, which is link to http://www.nairahost.com.ng/contact.php which has a submit ticket link.

If you want me to forward you a mail nairahost sent to me about my account details indicating that you chat with clients using yahoo messenger ,i can do so.
Stop painting a picture of innocentee,there is no point lying about anything.I confirmed afterwards that the sites could actually be reached outside our office but i would add lies to any of my claims.You also said you are not active here in Nairaland,you and i know that is not true,your number of posts on nairaland tells the story.
When there are issues,a bit of honesty will surely help.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by kazey(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2007
1. Nairahost does have yahoo live support , but does not use, and never has it used yahoo email for correspondence. Your invoice contains our correct email address so is your account created account and so is the support ticket advisory.
2. Kazey is not an active member of nairaland, was a long time ago but not currently.
3. Please take the initiative of providing a proof not just use a "burden of proof" to argue on a situation.

I have no more to say in regards. I still do not understand the basis of opening a thread in a public forum on this case considering the following fact.

1. Your site is only not accessible from your office
2. You did not take our support ticket advisory seriously
3. You are not a new customer and you are well aware of our protocol regarding contacting support for help

I think you are a trouble maker, and I would take measures to avoid it from repeating in the future. We do not mind criticism or complaints based on tangible fault on our part, and we would be willing to apologies or make amends, if such applies, but when it falls on false pretenses, we do have to control the damage so it does not repeat again for the sake of our public image and harmony. Please do check your email.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by syskay(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
You guys should please tread softly. The Web Hosting Business is a pretty sensitive one and it requires extreme patience, both on the part of the Host and Client.

A newbie client of mine once designed a Powerpoint presentation and expected it to work perfectly as his website. When his warped concept of web design refused to yield any positive result, he later insisted that the problem must be from our server.

When one thinks of the fact that some clients can barely handle the mouse effectively, it becomes imperative to handle the case of some customers with kid gloves, for the sake of peace.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by beetintin(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
Kazey,

na wa for you o. Why the tough talk now. You should understand the type of people you are dealing with.
Maybe you should have helped closed this thread by replying to Kamali's email. Trying to disprove his claims
here is helping to aggravate the issue.

@syskay,

God bless you jare. Wisdom is profitable in all things. wink
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by niyyie(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2007
I could access both websites.
I agree with syskay's point of view.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by my2cents(m): 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
1) The customer is always right - sad and ridiculous, but true

2) The customer is reason you are in business. So even if you feel like throwing them off 3rd Mainland bridge (does this bridge actually exist? I am just pulling the name out of a hat tongue), you have to pretend to be the happiest person on earth. The better you treat them, the better the chances of you milking them for more money. Why? because they feel like someone actually cares about them wink
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Afam(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2007
Customer always right ke? No be for Naija. I walk some of them out. Customers that will do business with you don't have time for problems. Don't waste time with troublesome ones or else you will regret it.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by RuuDie(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2007
does anyone on this forum have any idea what hostingng's services are like ? any of their customers in da house ?
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by my2cents(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2007
blogger1,

duuuude, this is the 5th posting promoting your services (under different topics). is it that hot in houston? tongue
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by niceuzor: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
Repect to the Great Nairaland Webmaster

plz[b] blogger1[/b] - mind the way u talk to the king of web-design

my2cent   - Oga what going on na you finally forget me?

@topic

Nairahost again,haba
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by dearstan(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2007
@topic

Its normal for servers to sometimes have downtimes even if they claim a 100% uptime, not excluding nairahost.

But it all boils down to how misunderstandings are worked out at the end of the day.

I can personally say that nairahost host support system is efficient. Atleast all tickets i have raised have been duly and promptly responded to.

@poster
It would be advisable to contact your host first before posting on a public forum. Posting on a forum should always be a last resort.
Re: What Is Happening To Nairahost by Tosbi(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2007
Well, i don't understand all this issues about Nairahost. But one thing i know 4 sure is that i have hosted some of my site with Nairahost and i have no cause 2 regret it. they are simply great and okay as far as i am concern. I will like u give them some time to sort things out and i am sure they definately will. Please take things cool man.

(1) (Reply)

Choosing A Name For Your Website-enough Of Naija This And That / Продвижение неизбежно / Please Review Www.newnaira.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.