Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class (71231 Views)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Murdered Nabeeha Bagged 1st Class – Uncle / Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by iamL(f): 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Acidosis:
Just imagine that the Twitter ban hasn't been lifted. Saw his post on Twitter and within some hours, he got over 40,000 likes. Twitter made his story viral. Instagram or Facebook could never have done this.

The funny thing is another guy from the same school posted his story on LinkedIn. He graduated with a CGPA of 4.92 and cleared all his ICAN papers with 11 awards within 3 years. Na congratulations I don see so far

The swift do not always win the race neither the mighty the battle.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by iamL(f): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
U will never see intelligent and hard working guys like this on NL as redpiller.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
iamL:

The swift do not always win the race neither the mighty the battle.

Sure. The emphasis is on the fact that, if the ban had continued, he may not have seen that opportunity.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Senorprinz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
I love the way you elucidated your points, it shows that you're not just talking out of sentiments. I must agree that we have different opinions to the malady we're currently facing in Nigeria. In as much as I agree with the points you raised with regards to the white men always taking advantage of Africans, you still seem not to get the point here. Since our independence we've had abundant opportunities to be one of the richest countries in the world, even before the discovery of crude oil we were still destined for greater heights, but what happened, you'll still blame the White man for the depths we've descended into. We Had our destinies in our hands post 1960, but our leaders still choose to be tools at the hands of the brits, all because of the selfish interests of our leaders. Yes, they enslaved us, they colonised us, but what have we been able to do with the huge sums of cash falls gotten from crude oil, why couldn't our leaders look out for their citizens by rejection proposals that would counter the development of our nation, yet they accepted such offers because they thought of themselves alone.

The white man has been harvesting our best resources, but that wouldn't be possible if they didn't have greedy, selfish, bigoted allies down here to aid them in 'evil acts'. This country will only move forward once we get rid of self centred leaders we've been unfortunate to have since independence, the White man will always try to steal our best, but, we'll be able to resist them if we have leaders who are selfless and growth oriented.

I don't know if you're a Christian, but, becoming a Christian doesn't stop the devil from constantly attacking you, it's now your mindset as a true Christian that'll enable you resist those attacks.

If we can all adopt a mindset of growth, development and selflessness in this country, we'll begin to create a country that can rival the best in the world, our best resources wouldn't have to go elsewhere to get developed.

Oyiboman69:
not until recently, the Chinese and rest you mentions up there, are just beginning to rise up.

however, Africa which is endowed with natural resources than any other continent in the history of mankind will not be allowed to rest cos it is seen as a hunting ground for the white. you said that they only succeeded due to African greed but you forget to note that the likes of oba ovberhawen of benin and the like of Nana of ebrohimi just to mention a few, fouth them and they were exiled...was it the use of mirror and tobacco the the white used in fighting them as you claimed. What about jaja of of opobo during the trade and how the forcefully imprisoned him in overseas.

I am not a historian but I can still remembered the few which I was taught in my secondary school days,and if for all you can think of is what they wrote about how our leaders betrayed their people, then you're not being sincere to yourself and humanity at large. when they ended the slave trade, then, they sat comfortably in their land and devided Africa as their conquered land and they introduced colonisation which many of our leaders both here in Africa and the ones who have attained education after the slave trade both in America and Europe fought them and many died in those struggles.
After our leaders fought to gain our independence which they surpose to leave Africa entirely but they don't, they still sponsored their spy through neocolonialism and all, coup de tat to any individual who is not in their support....

the French still has their own colony and organizations in Africa, the British has their own such as common wrath which the queen is the head 2,like Nigeria and Ghana etc,the Portuguese is not left out,the Germans, Belgium,what about the Americans which not until 1994 during the apartheid that south Africa is free and lager percentage of their lands is still in the white....

what about the Almighty China that has just recently taken Hong Kong from the British?...Africa has never been at rest from one trouble to another and the the white will always come to our rescue which is always in their best interest.

what do you think will happen if you put the best of individuals in an environment?...you can answer that.

Nigeria has always been an environment which is never comfortable for our best,thanks to the outside forces who had made sure Africa died of a perpetual servitude so that they can succeed in their land.
Why is it that the black man country is always backward?,is it that all the African leaders at time were greedy?...

Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Oyiboman69: 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Senorprinz:

I love the way you elucidated your points, it shows that you're not just talking out of sentiments. I must agree that we have different opinions to the malady we're currently facing in Nigeria. In as much as I agree with the points you raised with regards to the white men always taking advantage of Africans, you still seem not to get the point here. Since our independence we've had abundant opportunities to be one of the richest countries in the world, even before the discovery of crude oil we were still destined for greater heights, but what happened, you'll still blame the White man for the depths we've descended into. We Had our destinies in our hands post 1960, but our leaders still choose to be tools at the hands of the brits, all because of the selfish interests of our leaders. Yes, they enslaved us, they colonised us, but what have we been able to do with the huge sums of cash falls gotten from crude oil, why couldn't our leaders look out for their citizens by rejection proposals that would counter the development of our nation, yet they accepted such offers because they thought of themselves alone.

The white man has been harvesting our best resources, but that wouldn't be possible if they didn't have greedy, selfish, bigoted allies down here to aid them in 'evil acts'. This country will only move forward once we get rid of self centred leaders we've been unfortunate to have since independence, the White man will always try to steal our best, but, we'll be able to resist them if we have leaders who are selfless and growth oriented.

I don't know if you're a Christian, but, becoming a Christian doesn't stop the devil from constantly attacking you, it's now your mindset as a true Christian that'll enable you resist those attacks.

If we can all adopt a mindset of growth, development and selflessness in this country, we'll begin to create a country that can rival the best in the world, our best resources wouldn't have to go elsewhere to get developed.

you're not far from the truth also....
Let me put in some few points...oil was not discovered after the white men leave as they made you to believed, in fact, oil in Nigeria was used in fuelling their ships and plane during the second world war and the evidence is still there somewhere in Enugu state if I may recalled. go check one of this video from one Tony Nnamdi from YouTube and watch. you said our leaders should have taken advantage of their absence since independent and you maybe right... remember we're still operating with the templates they leave for us such as our constitution and the rest,our structural system of government, religion and they still control us,the major investment in Nigeria today such as those oil companies are all owned by the white and if you try to do against all these,you'll be sanctioned. through globalization,and we opened our market for free trade,that is why our textiles industry dies just to mention a few....
Any leader who is trying to make any African country great is either killed or removed... I maybe wrong but I can remember the way johe pombe magufulli of Tanzania died in his young age and how he is moving that country and like I said,I maybe wrong though in my assertion.

I'm also not disregarding the incompetence and greediness of our leaders but I'm also conscious of the templates we're operating on and that has been a yardstick for our under development as a country.

as for the harvesting our best...the problem is not new cos when they came during the slave trade, they selected our best, strong, young who can work in their cotton plantations, and their underground railway during their industrial revolution and this is not new now cos it is the same way they're still using but in different forms....

It all depends on how you're viewing it...but don't discredit the view of others in this same issues...

Africa is design to fail for since we're still under the control of the white men...they're also aided by the support of Afro pessimist which concluded the the black race is born to fail...as you said, our leaders are also a contributory factor but not the major problem,God bless you....
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by iamL(f): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
Acidosis:

Sure. The emphasis is on the fact that, if the ban had continued, he may not have seen that opportunity.

Time and unexpected events befalls us all. We just pray to be fortunate.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
IMASTEX:

I need not debate that further. Thank God the country still has you. You can decide to remain. Funny enough your kinds are only concerned because you haven't gotten the opportunity yet and it looks like many are leaving you behind. I know a pastor who wasn't doing that bad, he believed & ask for prayers for Nigeria. Discouraging people from leaving. He finally fled with his family last year. As for the young boy, he will be encouraged to move and others willing to do so legally. He is obviously an intelligent boy, thus knows what to do. No matter how hopeful & familiar you are of the country. You don't know more than the president, governors, politicians generally. Yet those guys built their based abroad. Imagine a president doing medical tourism, going for relaxation, using foreign education for the kids, etc. You think you should believe in the country more than them.

Honestly...., my post had nothing to do with staying here all my life....if I can travel in and out,why wouldn't I??

People move from one place to another..... that's not new to the sun.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by jonsnujee: 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

Honestly...., my post had nothing to do with staying here all my life....if I can travel in and out,why wouldn't I??

People move from one place to another..... that's not new to the sun.
I would like to know more about mukabbir school okara. Tell me this education platform is good for kids.

Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Panda7(m): 2:11am On Jan 23, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:

Source: https://www.legit.ng/people/1452524-nigerian-man-scored-8-as-waec-bagged-1st-class-offer-us-govt/

B4 u know US don push am go Afghanistan. anyway I had a better result when I went to the Nigerian school
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Senorprinz(m): 3:14am On Jan 23, 2022
I respect your opinions concerning this issue, I'm just saying that regardless of any hold the whitemen have over us, they still can't operate without the help of willing hands from within this country, the white man is Very greedy In his dealings, he always tries to reap more than he has sown, but if we stand our ground as one and reject every deal that is anti growth and anti development, he'll be forced to make a fair deal so he won't loose out completely, currently Nigeria is too divided ambition wise to resist the tactics the whitemen are using against us. Yes, crude oil was first discovered in Olobiri in 1956, four years before our independence, but a particular region of this country decided to cut a deal with the white man for the sake of enriching their personal pockets and favoring the white men. When crude oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia were very broke then, they were in a worse position than us, but they made a reasonable deal with the white men and the rest is history, the Saudi government might have enriched their personal pockets with the windfall they got from crude oil, but it didn't stop them from developing their country into what it is today. Regardless of the control the white men have over our affairs, our leaders still had to opportunity to develop this nation, but they choose their 'personal development' over the development of the country as a whole, I agree that the white man has a certain level of influence over affairs in this country, but it's only possible because of the people we have as leaders. Would you still say that it's the white man that would advise our politicians to embezzle public shamelessly, bros, imagine superior at work told you to spend your childrens school fees on partying and sleeping around with prostitutes, would you listen to him, I bet you wouldn't because you value your children's development over frivolities, even when you're threatened to go against their development you'll keep fighting for them till your last breath because you know they look up to you for growth and development. The thing is that our leaders don't care about the common man in this country and the white men are taking advantage of their greed and selfishness, I'm very sure the white men wouldn't be harvesting our best resources if they didn't care about their country's growth. What stops Nigeria from harvesting their best too, just as UAE and Saudi Arabia has been doing, as at 2020, our major oil buyers were India, Spain, Netherlands and Belgium, this means that we could still have gotten buyers for our crude oil even if Britain refused to buy from us, we could have completely broken off from their clutches if our leaders wanted, but due to the selfish ambitions of a particular region in this country, they decided to retain their evil convenant with the Whiteman because they knew it would favor them personally. The people holding back this country are from within this country, the Whiteman is just taking advantage of their selfishness to enrich their own country, if we want this country to move forward we need to first break off from the clutches of a particular region in this country (because it's through them the Whiteman has been able to retain control over us pre-independence and post-independence), without them as saboteurs, I believe we 'might' be able to get a better footing for ourselves.

Oyiboman69:
Let me put in some few points...oil was not discovered after the white men leave as they made you to believed, in fact, oil in Nigeria was used in fuelling their ships and plane during the second world war and the evidence is still there somewhere in Enugu state if I may recalled. go check one of this video from one Tony Nnamdi from YouTube and watch. you said our leaders should have taken advantage of their absence since independent and you maybe right... remember we're still operating with the templates they leave for us such as our constitution and the rest,our structural system of government, religion and they still control us,the major investment in Nigeria today such as those oil companies are all owned by the white and if you try to do against all these,you'll be sanctioned. through globalization,and we opened our market for free trade,that is why our textiles industry dies just to mention a few....
Any leader who is trying to make any African country great is either killed or removed... I maybe wrong but I can remember the way johe pombe magufulli of Tanzania died in his young age and how he is moving that country and like I said,I maybe wrong though in my assertion.

I'm also not disregarding the incompetence and greediness of our leaders but I'm also conscious of the templates we're operating on and that has been a yardstick for our under development as a country.

as for the harvesting our best...the problem is not new cos when they came during the slave trade, they selected our best, strong, young who can work in their cotton plantations, and their underground railway during their industrial revolution and this is not new now cos it is the same way they're still using but in different forms....

It all depends on how you're viewing it...but don't discredit the view of others in this same issues...

Africa is design to fail for since we're still under the control of the white men...they're also aided by the support of Afro pessimist which concluded the the black race is born to fail...as you said, our leaders are also a contributory factor but not the major problem,God bless you....

Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2022
CSTRR:
All the best graduating students in my faculty of Engineering are no longer in Nigeria.

Any of them with a CGPA above 4.5.

America and German schools poached them.

Na the sharp 2.1 people like us still dey Nigeria dey work for better company
Which of the engineering course did you study?
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by wirinet(m): 6:42am On Jan 24, 2022
musicwriter:
I think you all thought slavery has ended? Slavery will NEVER end, it can only evolve.

WE ARE STILL IN SLAVERY NOW.

And you all have to know that our ancestors were not stupid when slavery or colonialism was going on. No, they weren't stupid. They were as smart as we're today but in their HONESTY in dealing with visitors, they ended up being tricked. I say to you today, we're being tricked again and this little seemingly kind gesture would evolve into something unrecognizable in future. So, stop asking the question "what were our ancestors doing to have to be enslaved and colonized?"
Our ancestors were not tricked, they were greedy. So greedy that they sold their neighbours, their kinsmen and sometimes their family for material gains.

Till today black Africans continue to sell their neighbours, kinsmen and family members for material gains. Parents sell their children as house helps (domestic slaves), traffickers/pimps sell young girls as sex slaves. It is only black Africans in know that kidnap and sell young children to ritualists to be slaughtered for money rituals. Till today we value material gains than our neighbour's, kinsmen's or family member's lives.

And foreigners will always exploit that greed.

Having said that, I am not against the boy pursuing his education in America. Because he either go there or rot in Nigeria. When I finished secondary school I tried everything to proceed to university to no avail. No assistance came in from any source and there's no structure in Nigeria for student loan or something like that. So I dropped and instead taught myself.
You still don't get it. He is not pursuing his education in America. He already pursued it in Nigeria. He is only Furthering his education and career in America. Nigeria already educated him for about 15 years, America will only educate him for 2 years for masters and maybe another 2 years for doctorate. But he will contribute millions to the US economy and zero to the Nigerian economy.

As an individual he will succeed but his society will continue failing. Who will then develop his village/ state or country?

Let him go, at least the US is a better country to go. Blacks there seem to have African self consciousness than, say UK.
US is a better country today because the first settlers stayed, suffered and developed it. They had to endure famine, disease and lack of basic infrastructure. And they fought the colonial powers holding them back. They did not all run back to the comfort of Europe.

But it's still slavery in another name. We can change it when we get smart for real. Right now, we're not.

How do we change it when the ones with the human and mental resources are leaving, leaving behind only the dregs of the society. Remember the foreign powers and their cronies only need the natural and human resources from Africa to help develop their economies. They are not interested in making us self reliant.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by wirinet(m): 6:50am On Jan 24, 2022
Oyiboman69:

God bless you my brother. You are one of the rare enlightened few. And I don't mean western educated and brainwashed majority parading certificates as education. I wish we have just 100,000 Nigerians with your mindset, Nigeria will indeed start on its journey to recovery.

Colonial Africa was designed to fail. It was designed to perpetually act as a source of natural and human resources for Europe and the Americas. The Government, ecinomic and educatiinal structure was designed to achieve these goals. Until we realized these and change course we will be perpetual slaves.
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Oyiboman69: 9:50am On Jan 24, 2022
wirinet:

God bless you my brother. You are one of the rare enlightened few. And I don't mean western educated and brainwashed majority parading certificates as education. I wish we have just 100,000 Nigerians with your mindset, Nigeria will indeed start on its journey to recovery.

Colonial Africa was designed to fail. It was designed to perpetually act as a source of natural and human resources for Europe and the Americas. The Government, ecinomic and educatiinal structure was designed to achieve these goals. Until we realized these and change course we will be perpetual slaves.
I share your view....
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 24, 2022
wirinet:

You cannot change anything while you see yourself as a slave......if you say the slavery is the truth, that doesn't change anything.

Anyone can come up with anything and call it the truth .... who has to convince you when your mind is fixed

That thing you call a proof....,is it because you're special?

No matter what happens....,does it mean your reply was ever meant to make your case a limit to my reasoning?
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
whirlwind7:

Don't be a shithead.

By their utterances we shall know them

How do you expect poorly trained graduates to solve technical problems?

Thought you said they were first class

Guys who make first class in naija are very sound in theories, especially in engineering courses. They need to be trained to be able to have hands-on knowledge, and this is where the country lacks.

So now you realise the first class theory is useless. SMH
You lack critical thinking just like the first class dem

Moreover, since govt doesn't place much importance on education, syllabuses don't get updated. Last time Nigeria had an overhaul in syllabus was in the 80s and partly in the 90s.

First class that is waiting for govt, is that wan a first class
?

Chinese kids less than 12 years will handle technical issues that will befuddle most Nigerian graduates.

Aka Nigerians education is useless but you expecting results bccos they got "first class

Lack of critical thinking

It is with this poor education you expect your graduates to perform magic, right?
shebi na you de hail f first class, now you're pressed cos I summarised all this your shalaye?
���
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2022
Oyiboman69:

Is it Oyinbo that said we should not invest in power supply to remain competitive in textile manufacturing? If you like don't open your market, black market is always there' to "equilibrate" price

Any leader who is trying to make any African country great is either killed or removed...

But they couldn't kill Mugabe or Rawling's
Una too de fear shadows

I maybe wrong but I can remember the way johe pombe magufulli of Tanzania died in his young age and how he is moving that country and like I said,I maybe wrong though in my assertion.

What is this template you speak so surreptitiously of

as for the harvesting our best...the problem is not new cos when they came during the slave trade, they selected our best

They did not harvest our best or strongest
They bought the weak that were captured by the strong tribes

, strong, young who can work in their cotton plantations, and their underground railway during their industrial revolution and this is not new now cos it is the same way they're still using but in different forms....

Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by wealthtrak: 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by DonroxyII: 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2022
HarunaWest:
America and other nations keep poaching our best and we are happy about it. For someone that was trained from the cradle in Nigeria. The black man has a fundamental problem...
You sound Racist .. He is now a Global Citizen and He is of better use to planet Earth with the USA grin
Re: US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:56am On Apr 07
whirlwind7:

Don't be a shithead.
How do you expect poorly trained graduates to solve technical problems?
Guys who make first class in naija are very sound in theories, especially in engineering courses. They need to be trained to be able to have hands-on knowledge, and this is where the country lacks.
Moreover, since govt doesn't place much importance on education, syllabuses don't get updated. Last time Nigeria had an overhaul in syllabus was in the 80s and partly in the 90s.

Chinese kids less than 12 years will handle technical issues that will befuddle most Nigerian graduates.

It is with this poor education you expect your graduates to perform magic, right?
you just proved you can't least yourselves and need white ppl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Says She Schools In Covenant University (photo) / UNIBEN Post-UME Exam And Application Form / JAMB UTME: This Is The Physics Score Of My Private Physics Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.