Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,766 members, 7,844,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 (21555 Views)

Gospel Singer, Lionel Peterson Dies At 74 / Folk Singer John Prine Dead At Age 74 - John Prine Passed Away / Davido To Retire From Music At Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Tonytonex(m): 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2022
naptu2:
Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X_ViIPA-Gc
(He won't do what?) What wouldn't he do for love?
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by JayEntaur(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Who copied who between Meatloaf and Celine Dion?

They both copied, actually. The original singer is Pandora's Box.

So, Celine Dion's version is actually a cover lol.

1 Like

Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by asoebijaiye: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYH1nNe_jyU
Constance Okoro the body - fun vibes and fashion
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by KingOfTheDamned: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
JayEntaur:

Hope you're okay?

Yeah, are you?
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by JayEntaur(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Yeah, are you?

Yes I am, too. Thanks for asking.

You can converse with people without cussing, you know.

1 Like

Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Idaytesj29(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
JayEntaur:

They both copied, actually. The original singer is Pandora's Box.

So, Celine Dion's version is actually a cover lol.

Yes, and hers is the sweetest
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by WoundedLamb: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
LebanonCedars2:
I thought "It's all coming back to me now" was written and sang by Celine Dion

Meat Loaf did a remake. Even Celine Dion's version was also a remake. The song was written by Jim Steinman and was first sung by Pandora's Box in 1988. Celine Dion released her own version in 1996 while Meat Loaf released his in 2006. There are other non official covers like that of Lea Michele I'm Glee. During the Era of Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, etc., covers were very common. In fact, many of Celine's hit songs were covers.

1 Like

Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by naptu2: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Who copied who between Meatloaf and Celine Dion?

The person that wrote the song gave it to Meatloaf in 1986. Meatloaf originally planned to include it in his album (which was eventually released in 1993), but changed his mind and went with another song. He planned to include it in another future album.

However, the songwriter changed his mind and decided that the song was more appropriate for a woman. He and Meatloaf had a dispute because of this decision.

The songwriter then gave the song to a girl group who released it in 1989. That was the first release.

Celine Dion covered it in 1996. That was the second release.

Finally, Meatloaf released his version in 2006.

1 Like

Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by armadeo(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ishilove:

My all time Meatloaf favourite. When I was a teenager, I would weep helplessly each time this song played on radio. cheesy

I still jam this song till date. A colleague of mine always hums the tune.

This is an evergreen song.

Powerful message. May he Rip. I just opened nairaland now and saw this on FP. I was shocked.

Meatloaf.....
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by gidjah(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ishilove:

My all time Meatloaf favourite. When I was a teenager, I would weep helplessly each time this song played on radio. cheesy
hbmmmm was wondering who d Old school is until I saw it was ishi mama her self.kedu NNE ?? That song was a thriller way way back
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Hiq0: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Oh
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Semaj77(m): 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ishilove:
No official cause of death has been given.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60080934

Fvck! Meatloaf's dead
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Semaj77(m): 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Rest in peace

I swear I have no idea who this singer is

I wouldn't expect you to know him
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Ishilove: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
naptu2:

The person that wrote the song gave it to Meatloaf in 1986. Meatloaf originally planned to include it in his album (which was eventually released in 1993), but changed his mind and went with another song. He planned to include it in another future album.

However, the songwriter changed his mind and decided that the song was more appropriate for a woman. He and Meatloaf had a dispute because of this decision.

The songwriter then gave the song to a girl group who released it in 1989. That was the first release.

And every other version pales in comparison.
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Jan 21, 2022
armadeo:

I still jam this song till date. A colleague of mine always hums the tune.

This is an evergreen song.

Powerful message. May he Rip. I just opened nairaland now and saw this on FP. I was shocked.

Meatloaf.....
I was on the queue at the bank when I saw the news. Na so I shout "Jesus!"and everyone turned to look at me cheesy

Quite shocking, really. It seems he had been down for quite a while before he finally succumbed.
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
gidjah:
hbmmmm was wondering who d Old school is until I saw it was ishi mama her self.kedu NNE ?? That song was a thriller way way back
Odinma.

Yes, the song is an evergreen classic.
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Idaytesj29(m): 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2022
naptu2:

Wow! Thanks for this. You are vast.
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by greendeals: 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
2 pieces of 100ml Drakkar Noir Cologne for Men by Guy Laroche for flash sale. Sealed, Lagos pickup ONLY...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Please send a PM.
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ishilove:

I'm incurably romantic.

Can we be friends.....to some extent?
Re: Meat Loaf Dies At Age 74 by lascos912(m): 5:23am On Jan 22, 2022
naptu2:
Meatloaf - It's All Coming Back To Me Now (2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By82Udvc53w
no be celine dion sing am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Crowd Cheered Davido After Signing Deal With Wema Bank (Video) / ASUU Strike: Seun Kuti Slams Parents Attending Political Rallies / Travis Greene In Nigeria For African Night Of Worship Concert - PHOTOS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.