Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ (25884 Views)

Bola Tinubu Cancels His 71st Birthday Colloquium, Opts For Prayers Instead / DSS Opts For Propaganda Against Igboho, Kanu - The Nation / Sanwo-Olu drops ‘Your Excellency’ title, says only God is excellent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by ebukajay184: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2022
The Anambra State governor-elect, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has rejected the title of ''His excellency'' and asked to be referred to as ''Mr Governor'', IGBERETV reports.

Soludo said this on Thursday at the inaugurated members of his 80-man transition committee ahead of his March 17, 2022 swearing-in date.

Speaking during the inauguration ceremony in Awka, the Anambra state capital, Soludo said:

“I was called His Excellency a while ago, but may I plead that that ‘Excellency’ tag should please wait for now. That is part of what we will discuss in this committee.

You may just need to learn how to call me by my name, but if that isn’t good for you, then, may I request that you simply call me ‘Charlie Nwangbafor’ (Charles, son of Ngbafor).

If that one is so difficult for you that you must be formal in addressing me, then you can address me as Mr. Governor''

https://igberetvnews.com/1412763/charles-soludo-rejects-excellency-title-opts-mr-governor/

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by phrancys001(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2022
Initial gragra naija politicians and lies ehn ! D way bubu abolished office of d 1st lady grin

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by KingOfTheDamned: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2022
[s][left]
phrancys001:
Initial gragra naija politicians and lies ehn ! D way bubu abolished office of d 1st lady grin
[/s]

Trash , the thread is for intellectuals sir. Pls go to the romance section or games section.

293 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2022
Man of the moment! To whom much is given , much is expected... The future is bright.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Kriss216: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2022
Ride on Mr Governor.

It's unwise to bear same title with Gandollar, Hopeless Uzodimma, Yahaya Bello and other elected Thieves.

195 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Kriss216: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
[left]

Trash , the thread is for intellectuals sir. Pls go to the romance section or games section.
He should rather go to Jokes section...

53 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by TrackerXL: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2022
Is that what you fool will celebrate for the next 4 years as achievement only to start insulting Tinubu Buhari Yorubas or Fulanis later.

Awon oloriburuku dede !

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Ezinwa120: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2022
Good one Mr governor, please abolish every activities of IPOB in Anambra, state, issue ultimatum to the PGs, the Igwes and the political leaders of the local governments to report any gathering of these miscreants in the State, let them pack to Afara Ukwu in Abia State for their madness. Ndi Anambra has lost so much for this unstable lunatic and his fellow idiots in our dear state.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2022
TrackerXL:
Is that what you fool will celebrate for the next 4 years as achievement only to start insulting Tinubu Buhari Yorubas or Fulanis later.

Awon oloriburuku dede !
dede , iwu azu amu ezi.

35 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Kriss216: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2022
TrackerXL:

Awon oloriburuku dede !
Awon ofe mmanu, deliver yourselves from the shackles of Tinubu first.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:18am On Jan 21, 2022
TrackerXL:

Awon oloriburuku dede !

Lolz! I can feel your pains

I promise you more painment is coming

35 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by leicestercamper: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
Anambra is a sane and model state

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Dshocker(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
First a time any political office holder will reject the title in Nigeria...Hmmmm,its a sign that he might do well

33 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by alphaconde(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
call me charley

for burst my head

1 Like

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by eherbal(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
By the time soludo is done with Anambra, other eastern states will be no relevance. Soludo is the real wind of change blowing across the east grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Blackfire(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
Sign of flopping

grin
Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Earthquakes: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2022
If you want to be Mr Governor, it's fine but please govern us well
Don't be his excellency in looting like your Kano counterpart

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Investorozay: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2022
fact
dont know whats excellent about all these looting governors

undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by seyz91(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2022
cheesy
TrackerXL:

Awon oloriburuku dede !
Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Advocate500: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2022
Ezinwa120:
Good one Mr governor, please abolish every activities of IPOB in Anambra, state, issue ultimatum to the PGs, the Igwes and the political leaders of the local governments to report any gathering of these miscreants in the State, let them pack to Afara Ukwu in Abia State for their madness. Ndi Anambra has lost so much for this unstable lunatic and his fellow idiots in our dear state.
is that why his people voted for him? To whom brain is given sense is expected.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by freshkpomo(m): 11:31am On Jan 21, 2022
Sounds better
Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by JosephXavier: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2022
He should not let Anambra down

The publicity is already too much

The people of Anambra has so much high expectations from him and he has started very well in surrounding himself with competent people as advisory members

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by DMerciful(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2022
I really don't expect Soludo to focus in cosmetics! Leave cosmetics to nonsense APC!

2 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by royalamour(m): 11:35am On Jan 21, 2022
cheesy I love this man already.

He's got class.

Not all these thugs and unrefined stark illiterates parading themselves as 'Excellencies'.

I hope he meets my expectation at the end of the day.

12 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by izubext007: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2022
Like for Soludo share for development.

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Bankowner: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2022
Charlie you no get problem, you kukuma (chukuma) black like Ghanaians.
Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by obembet(f): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2022
Chai Anambra people has been scammed. I supported this man before but this statement just remind me how aregbesola started in Osun state, He said only God is His Excellency, that people of Osun can call him Ogbeni (Mr.)

Now Osun state is in debt that they can never pay in 30 years. Allocation Osun is not even enough for the salary, that's why nobody is taking thier next election serious. All the candidate just dey rethink cos nothing come out.

5 Likes

Re: Charles Soludo, Rejects ‘His Excellency’ Title, Opts for ‘Mr Governor’ by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2022
phrancys001:

You compare a Prof to a Primary 6 certification holder.

Are you okay

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / Tinubu All Smiles As He Arrives At 10th Bola Tinubu Colloquium On His Birthday(p / President Buhari Commissions Awala Roundabout Bauchi - Kano Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.