Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Does A Believer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Believer (1122 Views)

10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service? / Can A Believer Lose Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does A Believer by needeeg(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2007
Does a believer ever become affected by mental illness? What is the cure for mental illness considering that modern medicines and chemicals are used only present day theories to cure it?
Re: Does A Believer by Papa(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2007
A believer could get sick with anything.
But a Christian CAN NOT!!!

What's the difference?

A muslim can be called a believer because he believes Jesus died and was raised and will still not be a christian;
but a christian does that and more; he confesses The Lordship of Jesus.

And a life and body where Jesus is Lord can't get sick!

1 Like

Re: Does A Believer by babs787(m): 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Papa

A muslim can be called a believer because he believes Jesus died and was raised and will still not be a christian;
but a christian does that and more; he confesses The Lordship of Jesus.

Where did you see or hear that one? You want to start what you will not be able to finish. Must you lie to please people?
Re: Does A Believer by pilgrim1(f): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2007
babs787:

Where did you see or hear that one? You want to start what you will not be able to finish. Must you lie to please people?

Everything to you guys is a lie because it is not made by a Muslim. If that statement was made by a Muslim, you won't see it as a 'lie to please people' - but would've pretended it as a 'mistake'.

-------

@Papa, this is just one reason why I'm concerned that people check out their gists first before posting them and inviting uncomplimentary remarks. Be encouraged - you may have been mistaken, but Muslims do not believe that Christ died and rose again. They rather see his death and resurrection in the future, and not a historical event for our redemption in the past.
Re: Does A Believer by Papa(m): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
pilgrim.1:
Muslims do not believe that Christ died and rose again. They rather see his death and resurrection in the future, and not a historical event for our redemption in the past.

As a matter of fact I almost got one that believed that born-again last week, if not for obedience reasons beyond my control. Even Jesus said "Anything is possible". Nothing is impossible because you've not encoutered it.

And @babs787 I want to believe that you're a christian; well, whether you are or not all the same. Thing is, it's a forum board not a wrestling ring, you don't have to come out th@ harsh.
Re: Does A Believer by Pacifier(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2007
If you fulfil the necessary requirements, you will surely be affected by mental illness(or any illness for that matter). Believer or nonbeliever, christian or muslim, theist or atheist! For a cure, i think a routine visit to a psychiatrist may well be a good place to start.
Re: Does A Believer by Pacifier(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2007
If you fulfil the necessary requirements, you will surely be affected by mental illness(or any illness for that matter). Believer or nonbeliever, christian or muslim, theist or atheist! For a cure, i think a routine visit to a psychiatrist may well be a good place to start.
Re: Does A Believer by Pacifier(m): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
Sorry about the double post. Wasnt a case of mental illness o!
Re: Does A Believer by babs787(m): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2007
@pilgrim

Everything to you guys is a lie because it is not made by a Muslim. If that statement was made by a Muslim, you won't see it as a 'lie
to please people' -
but would've pretended it as a 'mistake'.

I wonder at times if you really understand yourself let alone understanding another person. You prefer graping at straw rather understand issues. Your brother said that muslims believe that jesus died and was raised, so please tell me or give me any post where muslims said that jesus and roise just like christians have been saying.

@Papa, this is just one reason why I'm concerned that people check out their gists first before posting them and inviting uncomplimentary remarks. Be encouraged - you may have been mistaken, but Muslims do not believe that Christ died and rose again. They rather see his death and resurrection in the future, and not a historical event for our redemption in the past.

Sure he didnt die let alone being crucified. Thank God that you are aware of that.

@papa

As a matter of fact I almost got one that believed that born-again last week, if not for obedience reasons beyond my control. Even Jesus said "Anything is possible". Nothing is impossible because you've not encoutered it.

And @babs787 I want to believe that you're a christian; well, whether you are or not all the same. Thing is, it's a forum board not a wrestling ring, you don't have to come out th@ harsh.

I am not quarelling but telling you to be very sure of what you are posting and not posting what you cant defend. Where did you read that muslims believe that he died and rose like christians have been preaching? I was and can never be one again.

Cheers
Re: Does A Believer by pilgrim1(f): 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

I wonder at times if you really understand yourself let alone understanding another person.

I very well do. For the simple reason that you don't understand yourself nor your 'salam brothers', it doesn't surprise anyone that you'd make such comments.

babs787:

You prefer graping at straw rather understand issues.

Self-descriptive of your trademark, abi?

babs787:

Your brother said that muslims believe that jesus died and was raised, so please tell me or give me any post where muslims said that jesus and roise just like christians have been saying.

That's why I corrected him rather than agreed with him. Because you simply want to cease the moment and show how garrulous you can be at grasping desperately at straws, you would characteristically miss the point of my correcting him.

babs787:

Sure he didnt die let alone being crucified. Thank God that you are aware of that.

I'm very aware He died and rose again, so don't pretend my statements to have meant what you're sweating not to have understood.

babs787:

I am not quarelling but telling you to be very sure of what you are posting and not posting what you can't defend.

There. The very same thing I cautioned him about.

babs787:

Where did you read that muslims believe that he died and rose like christians have been preaching? I was and can never be one again.

There are many Muslims who have come to know the reality of salvation in Christ Jesus. Glad you cannot deny that fact.

Regards.
Re: Does A Believer by babs787(m): 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2007
Quote from: babs787 on Yesterday at 07:36:01 PM
I wonder at times if you really understand yourself let alone understanding another person.

I very well do. For the simple reason that you don't understand yourself nor your 'salam brothers', it doesn't surprise anyone that you'd make such comments.

I can see that you understood yourself perfectly. No wonder for your usual noise making.

You prefer graping at straw rather understand issues.

Self-descriptive of your trademark, abi?

Which you are known for at answering questions

Q
uote from: babs787 on Yesterday at 07:36:01 PM
Your brother said that muslims believe that jesus died and was raised, so please tell me or give me any post where muslims said that jesus and roise just like christians have been saying.

That's why I corrected him rather than agreed with him. Because you simply want to cease the moment and show how garrulous you can be at grasping desperately at straws, you would characteristically miss the point of my correcting him.

You corrected him. Good for both of you.

I'm very aware He died and rose again, so don't pretend my statements to have meant what you're sweating not to have understood.

Where did you get yours from? Can I have the proof?

I am not quarelling but telling you to be very sure of what you are posting and not posting what you can't defend.

There. The very same thing I cautioned him about.

Okay, professor.

Where did you read that muslims believe that he died and rose like christians have been preaching? I was and can never be one again.

There are many Muslims who have come to know the reality of salvation in Christ Jesus. Glad you cannot deny that fact.

You will now be accusing muslims of not understanding issues. We are here talking about crucifixion and you are bringing issue of conversion. Na real wa oooo. You are understanding thread indeed. grin grin grin grin grin

Take care.
Re: Does A Believer by pilgrim1(f): 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2007
babs787:

You will now be accusing muslims of not understanding issues. We are here talking about crucifixion and you are bringing issue of conversion. Na real wa oooo. You are understanding thread indeed. grin grin grin grin grin

What does the thread say? Crucifixion, or the deflection you have tried to wangle into the thread? The Muslim games you guys play everywhere is not new. But like I often say: take your bag of tricks back to your errand boys and let them know that they did not work on me. If they have a stronger juju for you, let them give you that one as well - and you will meet with the same message: Muslim games don't work on pilgrim.1 - I know them far too well for any abracadabra.
Re: Does A Believer by Aproko(f): 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2007
ehm, back to the topic (pardon my interruption)

i know of a born again christain that has a serious case of mental illness, and we prefer to call it depression. and really the drugs just weaken the person and makes the vision blurry. now i don't know if it answers your question, but really born again christains are humans too, they face challenges, fall ill just like any other person, but all that is for a purpose for we must give thanks to the Almighty whatever the situation.
Re: Does A Believer by Dios(f): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2007
Yea born agains are humans too, they just have that queer faith that in jesus which leads them to believe they are untouchable and when they get sick, they blame it on demons and say everything is part of god's plan
Re: Does A Believer by kellorah: 1:59am On Aug 08, 2007
And why should 'believers' be immuned from diseases/illnesses

WTF do these people come from? *tut*
Re: Does A Believer by IDINRETE: 8:28am On Aug 08, 2007
kellorah:

And why should 'believers' be immuned from diseases/illnesses

WTF do these people come from? *tut*

those characters in your picture/text WTF do these people come from, [ are they from the Vatican City?]  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kellorah where did you get the picures from? Oxford Circus?
very hilarious
Re: Does A Believer by Softee(f): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2007
Yes, a believer/Christian can suffer from a mental illness. If you look into what causes mental illness it is usually an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. There is no real cure for mental illness, just Gods healing hand and coping mechanisms. Prayer and action are the key to dealing with a mental illness. For example if ocd is the mental illness that is being suffered and you feel the need to wipe every door handle before you enter a room, try to not do this once before entering a room, also praying that God will give you the strength to fight the anxietys and heal you.

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When You Die? / Bauchi Mayhem: Why Is Islam So Prone To Senseless Violence And Killing?!? / World Economic Crisis? We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet- Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.