Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates (3982 Views)

All graduates from Anambra, batch A15 Posted To Akwa Ibom; Let's Meet Here Plz / Professional CV Rewrite For Corps Members (other Graduates Inclusive) / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by jimmyjatt(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2007
Govt orders NYSC to mobilise all eligible graduates

It's really a sigh of relief for concerned graduands as news came yesterday that the Fed. Govt. has ordered the release of funds to NYSC and hence mobilization of all eligible graduands.

For more info check http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02/310707
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Seun(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2007
Previously: NYSC Quota System
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by ebos(m): 11:00am On Jul 31, 2007
That is the advantage of having President and VP who passed through the process. Their predecessors would not have cared.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by hajifish(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2007
this is good news.are they going to accept Part time Graduate Too ?
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by toba1909(m): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2007
I was happy to read this on the punch website this morning, i think all our intending corpers to start preparing for the orientation programme. Moreover Lagos State Government has decided to renovate the NYSC camp at Iyana Ipaja,the commissioner for Special Duties Dr. Tola Kasali make this statement when he visited the state NYSC camp.So corpers posted to Lagos go enjoy the facilities.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by jimmyjatt(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2007
this is good news.are they going to accept Part time Graduate Too ?

Please do not quote me the info was meant for all eligible graduates, whether or not part time students are included is an issue with your institution.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by obie3ce(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2007
this is good news and a big relief to yet-to-serve graduates. at least the student force in this country will have confidence in the presidency.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2007
toba1909:

Moreover Lagos State Government has decided to renovate the NYSC camp at Iyana Ipaja,the commissioner for Special Duties Dr. Tola Kasali make this statement when he visited the state NYSC camp.So corpers posted to Lagos go enjoy the facilities.

Implementation of such projects is not always immediate. Don't be surprise that it might time some year(s).
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by luisita: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2007
Please what is NYSC?
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by bugado(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2007
lusita are u a nigerian.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by bugado(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
well i will tell you. it means National Youth Service Corps
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2007
National Youth Service Corps

It's a scheme wherein Nigerian Graduates are made to serve their Nation for a period of One Year. grin
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by JSBEY: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2007
At last we can now look in another direction. Thanks to Uncle Musa for doing a miracle. It is really good to have a graduate president

so all service-bound personel PACK UR BAGS!!!
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Dynast(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2007
This is sign that Nigeria is moving for better as educated fellows are not heading the realm of affairs instead of zombies
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by bimbliss(f): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2007
thats a good move by the goverment but the next thing is that when all the corpers are posted will government also provide or make room for them to have places of primary assignment cos most corpers use the one year roaming the streets because they wre rejected where they were posted and couldnt get another place.
also something should be done as per the amount paid as alawii. its too small for upkeep talk more of catching fun along side
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by jinworm: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
gud 2 hear that. tnx 2 mr. president. he is really doing a gud job.moreover, is the Govt
doing anything 2 incrix nysc allawi? is it also willing 2 luk in2 d the issue of rejection?
pls sb shud answr ma qns.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by ebos(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2007
The President should be in the position to answer ur question
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Danoe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2007
This is a very good development but I still need the NYSC to design and host a standard web site for information purpose and updates.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by fables(f): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
ebos:

The President should be in the position to answer your question

Ebos what is your problem against our president this time.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by coolkaboom(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2007
hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist cool, but this na typical draught (checkers) move. an illegitimate govt, fighting for relevance,flies a kite that they know wont fly, then get the gullible public hyped up and screaming blue murder.then steps in to clean up the mess they created in the 1st place with the public viewing them as the best thing since Jesus Christ. balderdash i say.
from day 1,NYSC knew it didn't have d balls to carry out such an unworkable directive.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by uchetobi(f): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2007
Word. The camp renovations cannot be immediate
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by godslead(f): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2007
coolkaboom:

hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist cool, but this na typical draught (checkers) move. an illegitimate govt, fighting for relevance,flies a kite that they know wont fly, then get the gullible public hyped up and screaming blue murder.then steps in to clean up the mess they created in the 1st place with the public viewing them as the best thing since Jesus Christ. balderdash i say.
from day 1,NYSC knew it didn't have d balls to carry out such an unworkable directive.

Mr conspiracy theorist.u shuld kw by now dat any thing is posible especially in naija.Did i hear u say nysc didnt hv d bails 2 carry out d"quota sysytem".Hmm wether na planed work or nt d thing is evrybody is going now & dats d basic tin if u ask me.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by seun001(m): 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
hw is nysc gonna accomodate the increase even if theres money to fund it.cos call up is only a couple of weeks away.no be say them go come use this opportunity to chop money oooo!!!
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by dearstan(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2007
i really would have preferred govt scrap the scheme. its totally unnecessary and timewasting.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by seun001(m): 7:45am On Aug 01, 2007
dearstan:

i really would have preferred govt scrap the scheme. its totally unnecessary and timewasting.

no way!!have u gone for service before!!twas the greatest year i had after secondary school.

its just that once we get our acts together,like graduates going for service on time.abeg make them no scrap am ooo!!
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by maki(f): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2007
this is good hear but they should make it a thing of serving around your political zone
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Kemjisuper(m): 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2007
Really? Call-up is only 2 weeks away? undecided I'd better get packing. What would I need?
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Rhemi(f): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2007
OHHHHH!!!!
was wish they will cancel NYSC cos it has lost its relevance and d federal govt. is messing up. but i guess with this new govt am hoping for changes b4 my time sha.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by ferdoplay(m): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2007
This is a wonderful news. How i wish the federal government will even increase the corper's allawee grin
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by mellow(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2007
Don't worry, they will soon increase it. They always do.

Our time it was 11,500 Naira.
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by seun001(m): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2007
mellow:

Don't worry, they will soon increase it. They always do.

Our time it was 11,500 Naira.

is this amt for those outgoing now or those incoming
Re: NYSC Ordered To Accept All Graduates by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2007
Coolkaboom, you too much. I had never actually looked at it from that aspect but it seems that it makes a bit of sense.After all, why would yaradua rescind decisions made by obasanjo that benefit him if not for the reasons you have highlighted above?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are The 2014 Batch A Corpers Participating In The 2015 Elections? / Kwara Bound Corpers Batch B 2016!!! Come In / NYSC 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.