Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. (1398 Views)

Pictures in a thread, How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by hernandson(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
So I'd like to share a story about how I got my GSD named Sheila. While serving at Ife, Modakeke to be precise. I also created a topic on it some years back on Nairaland.
I had 4 months left for my NYSC completion.
My mum was always on my neck asking me what next after service, though I never stayed with her. But during service I did. So I got a GSD.
Why did I do so? They are Born guard dogs, smart, intelligent and have one of the best sense of smell, maybe that's why US army rate them more for K9 usage.
She was very stubborn though, forget to tell you I got one for a friend too who also wanted to invest in a dog. April 1st the breeder told me to come and pick it up at OUI which was 2020 during the lock down. I had to trek from Lagere if you're familiar with the route. Left home around 6am and got there 9am since I couldn't get any bus or bike as bike men keep saying soldiers are beating people and arresting people on the road.
I Sat and waited and called no feedback from the driver and i felt i had been scammed even though the dog was from someone i knew. I was there till 3pm when I was told the driver had dropped it in a filling station (the driver the breeder gave the puppies to wasnt the one that drove the bus).
Got there and met the two puppies, I was glad. I thanked the man and when he was asking for tip and complaining about him feeding them and all, I explained to him telling about what happened grin grin he was the one now pitying me.
I stopped at a fellow NYSC colleague for 3 days to rest before planning my return back home. Going was better, saw a bike that took me from OUI to Mayfair,f rom may fair to lagere took another bike after police have asked me to drop something as they saw police dog. One of them said "All this dogs go they chop better food o, no be mumu food, find us something, find us something I shrugged and brought out 200naira note and game him.
Heard people saying when people are looking for food to eat,I'm buying dog (some passers by said. From lagere, i trekked down to oke-ogbo. While trekking, I got to Ooni palace where i saw police harrasing some youths with their seized bikes because of lockdown. When they saw me with two dogs sweating, one of the officers which was a lady asked "hello where i was coming from:? I told her from OUI, she was amazed. She just said I should be going because I looked stressed out and tired.
My hands were shaking. A police patrol vehicle also passed with seized bikes. The hilux stopped and their boss who sat in front asked 'if I used jazz for them as they were arresting people that were moving then, I just replied to them that I was a Corp member. I just showed them my NYSC ID card so they left me. I got to my friends house, which was closer to rest, they were Corp members too, before setting back home still on foot.
Got home and had to put them in my mum's backyard where she uses firewood to cook some times and also where she kept tires and other cooking utensils for big occasions.
Feeding two dogs was quite cheap at Osun, but feeding two dogs during lockdown was a luxury. So I fed mostly with rice and fish and egg, also get them a popular delicacy called ashamagun which was cheap too.
My friend's dog got sick and died over night, but I had separated sheila to my mums unused shop. Where i lock her when its dark, so she was not use to strange faces. At 4 months she was fully a Guard dog, barking at people when I release during the day, as my mum keeps saying I should allow her to play.
Taking her out was a problem, we were always fighting when it comes to having a dog work, she hated it with passion. Walking her through the street was amazing though, as local dogs were more common in those areas, so seeing a Police dog as they mostly say was amazing, though sheila was not a fan, she was a shy dog, docking her tail underneath.
Got her binggo food but her poo was smelling so bad everyone complained (I later started giving her booster food though as it was 14500 when I got to Lagos. I for would buy 100naira ORI EJA then and mix with her brown rice, i also remembered buying 200naira worth, and kept it on the deep freezer in the shop, I noticed she had not groaned or made noise for hours as the shop was sharing same window with the room i stayed, so I went in and saw her raising her legs up showing her stomach grin I did not even know what was happening, until i saw the nylon and just two fish remain cry she had ate to her satisfaction, i did not even know if i should beat her or rub her belly.
Thread continues cool
Her Puppies are available for new homes though at affordable prices

2 Likes

Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by DannyExcel: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
Intelligent dogs
Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by hernandson(m): 3:42am On Jan 22, 2022
DannyExcel:
Intelligent dogs
Nice one OP
Thanks chief smiley
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by ayodiranunini7: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
okay
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by mercy348(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nice one bros am also schooling in ife and I have 2 dogs a male Caucasian and a female German shepherd. To other people they feel an stressing myself but I was like I just find passion in breeding dogs and the best thing for human is earning a profession from ur passion.

I also have other breeds with my parent in Niger state but to be frank to feed those 2 dogs no be here….. booster is now 25500 and can food is 800 naira so I just jejely switch to Tom brown at least they are grown up now
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by hernandson(m): 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
mercy348:
Nice one bros am also schooling in ife and I have 2 dogs a male Caucasian and a female German shepherd. To other people they feel an stressing myself but I was like I just find passion in breeding dogs and the best thing for human is earning a profession from ur passion.

I also have other breeds with my parent in Niger state but to be frank to feed those 2 dogs no be here….. booster is now 25500 and can food is 800 naira so I just jejely switch to Tom brown at least they are grown up now
lol you can buy bone meat for them though as dinner and give them raw or cooked. i once bought a full black nylon bag for 500 naira. i cooked and gave them and it lasted
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by daluchiaarin7: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
okay
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Taystee: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
mercy348:

You mean booster puppy dry food and not booster ALS dry food, because the latter is more expensive than the former.
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Researchman: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
hernandson:
lol you can buy bone meat for them though as dinner and give them raw or cooked. i once bought a full black nylon bag for 500 naira. i cooked and gave them and it lasted

Abeg can you help me to check if This dog wey I just bought is a pedigree Caucasian

Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2022
Researchman:

Abeg can you help me to check if This dog wey I just bought is a pedigree Caucasian
If it’s a ped
It’ll have details
And ofcourse it’ll be registered
Do you have its database details,can the breeder provide it?! If not then it’s a non ped (doesn’t mean your dog isn’t pure though I hope you get my point clearly)
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Researchman: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
RYEOFARMS:

If it’s a ped
It’ll have details
And ofcourse it’ll be registered
Do you have its database details,can the breeder provide it?! If not then it’s a non ped (doesn’t mean your dog isn’t pure though I hope you get my point clearly)

I really don’t know much about dogs but I trusted a man with it now I’m thinking after he got the money he changed on what he’s getting for me since I don’t know much about this breed
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Researchman:

I really don’t know much about dogs but I trusted a man with it now I’m thinking after he got the money he changed on what he’s getting for me since I don’t know much about this breed
How much did you pay him for a ped?!
Dogs with their pedigree details intact don’t come cheap they’re quite expensive
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Researchman: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
RYEOFARMS:

How much did you pay him for a ped?!
Dogs with their pedigree details intact don’t come cheap they’re quite expensive

I gave the guy #210K. But he told me the 10k was for his transportation
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
Researchman:

I gave the guy #210K. But he told me the 10k was for his transportation
Oh wow
Did you get to see the pic of the parents
200k is enough to get you sth solid even though it’s not a ped
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Researchman: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2022
RYEOFARMS:

Oh wow
I didn’t even requested for parents but that switch was just somehow and it’s really painful as the dog is not a ped because I initially add up to the money when I heard about the ped
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by Researchman: 7:38am On Apr 10, 2022
RYEOFARMS:

Oh wow
So should I just leave the dog ear like that or get it clipped and please how can I quickly know a ped Caucasian shepherd because I don google tire self
Re: Thread!! How I Invested In Gsd During My Nysc 2019 Batch B. by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Researchman:
So should I just leave the dog ear like that or get it clipped and please how can I quickly know a ped Caucasian shepherd because I don google tire self

Lol, pedigree is just s certificate showing the dog’s origin
What you should be looking out for is the quality (as in how solid the dog is)

Your best shot at knowing this is to ask for parents pic it tells a lot about the pup

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help, Is Like Me Dog Is On Heat / Give A Suitable Name For This Creature And Be Rewarded / Our House Dog Have Born Puppy, Please Advice Abeg.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.